News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

7Days2Die Server

Started by Towelie, Jul 05, 2014, 10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Jul 05, 2014, 10:04 AM Last Edit: Jul 05, 2014, 10:10 AM by Towelie

We now have a 7 Days To Die server.
I promised you guys that as soon as they add resource regeneration we will have a server and now we do.
So get your 7d2d installed and running and tonight we'll have ourselves an event.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Chrisuv

Never heard of such a gameplay, I'm going to check this out  ;)

badbrad01

Thanks towel for a 7dtd
Made By Miricx

IPwnCreeps

They've had resource regen for a while i thought? idk haven't played in a while, will definitely try the server though!

Towelie

Gonna drop by tonight and do a steam event so try to get the game installed guys

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Chous

Is the game worth the $25 as it is right now?

Towelie

Quote from: Chaosgirasol on Jul 05, 2014, 06:04 PM
depends who you ask. in my opinion yes. gives an adequate amount of fun for what it is. much more than what dayz gives me tbh (because of the lack ov vehicles and multitude of bugs)

RallyReaper

I'd say it's worth the money... as the game's still in alpha and won't be doing nothing but getting better...

The Lovin Spoon

this was a 5min fame game just like cube world
it died out months ago

Jyncs

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 05, 2014, 07:13 PM
Quote from: Chaosgirasol on Jul 05, 2014, 06:04 PM
depends who you ask. in my opinion yes. gives an adequate amount of fun for what it is. much more than what dayz gives me tbh (because of the lack ov vehicles and multitude of bugs)

Quote from: rallyreaper on Jul 05, 2014, 10:57 PM
I'd say it's worth the money... as the game's still in alpha and won't be doing nothing but getting better...

I bought Rust because we had a Rust server so I could play with SFT peeps based off same suggestions.

emm10

Quote from: brE on Jul 06, 2014, 12:46 AM
it died out months ago
This is pretty true, I haven't heard about it since it got all that coverage on YouTube.

Towelie

it died out months ago
Not really.
The difference between this and cubeworld is that cubeworld was abandoned and this receives numerous updates making it better and more interesting.

IPwnCreeps

it died out months ago
Not really, 7d2d was near the top of steam sales for quite a while and still is if I'm not mistaken (its in the top 30), plus the game has been improved a lot since we last had a server, while cubeworld I believe hasn't been updated in a while.

Jyncs

So I bought it knowing full well that the server won't last.

I must say it is better than I thought it was going to be, but still very confusing on how to really get started or what to do besides searching random drops.

RallyReaper

Quote from: Jyncs on Jul 06, 2014, 11:51 PM
So I bought it knowing full well that the server won't last.

I must say it is better than I thought it was going to be, but still very confusing on how to really get started or what to do besides searching random drops.

Do what i do :3 search for a good house and bunker it down hard! once you do that, just go on loot run's and look out for players... as i got on and got the shoot first ask questions later lol... lucky for me i had a house and bed so i respawned fairly close :D

Jyncs

Day 1: 3 people on
Day 2: No One on
Day 3: We'll see tonight.

If people are going to argue for a reason to have the server, then play on the server please.

The Lovin Spoon

cant even connect to the damn server

Towelie

You cannot connect with the dns but if you use the ip you'll be able to connect.
updated front page to contain the ip instead of dns.
Even though the server is not very popular atm its not very expensive and i believe we can get it to slow ly be popular, our old one had more players

BattleAxium

Quote from: Jyncs on Jul 08, 2014, 11:40 AM

If people are going to argue for a reason to have the server, then play on the server please.
I'm sorry not everyone who has/owns a copy of 7d2d plays on the server in your respective timezone. I try to play whenever i'm available or have enough free time to do so. I can't be on 24/7 to see you on and be counted in your "people" who play on the server per day. I have never seen you on the server once, does that mean you don't play the server at all? No, it means we play at different times and we don't always see each other. So before you go and say "If people are going to argue for a reason to have the server, then play on the server please." Get an accurate count of players who do play on the server each day instead of guessing based off when you are on.

Jyncs

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 08, 2014, 03:02 PM
You cannot connect with the dns but if you use the ip you'll be able to connect.
Even though the server is not very popular atm its not very expensive and i believe we can get it to slow ly be popular, our old one had more players

Quote from: BattleAxium on Jul 08, 2014, 03:21 PM

I'm sorry not everyone who has/owns a copy of 7d2d plays on the server in your respective timezone. I try to play whenever i'm available or have enough free time to do so. I can't be on 24/7 to see you on and be counted in your "people" who play on the server per day. I have never seen you on the server once, does that mean you don't play the server at all? No, it means we play at different times and we don't always see each other. So before you go and say "If people are going to argue for a reason to have the server, then play on the server please." Get an accurate count of players who do play on the server each day instead of guessing based off when you are on.

I'm sorry you have a hatred for me that every time I make a post with a generalized statement directed at no one that you feel the need to respond with some response that is supposed to invoke some super amazing new thoughts that I have never thought of before.

Of course I know that everyone lives and plays in different timezones, but if I see people I know are in the same time zones arguing for having the server then I at least expect to run into them at some time. Which is why I said "Day 3: We'll see tonight". What you failed to read into my generalized statement was that when people don't log into the server, that server dies. I have seen it time and time again and so have you. Dayz(4-5 times now) and Rust to name a few recently. I'm not sorry for wanting a longevity to our new servers and making a generalized statement.

Next time you feel the need to read more into my generalized statement maybe you can send me a PM first so we can discuss it instead of trying to berate me in the forums.

BattleAxium

Quote from: Jyncs on Jul 08, 2014, 03:50 PM
Quote from: Towelie on Jul 08, 2014, 03:02 PM

Quote from: BattleAxium on Jul 08, 2014, 03:21 PM

I'm sorry you have a hatred for me that every time I make a post with a generalized statement directed at no one that you feel the need to respond with some response that is supposed to invoke some super amazing new thoughts that I have never thought of before.

Of course I know that everyone lives and plays in different timezones, but if I see people I know are in the same time zones arguing for having the server then I at least expect to run into them at some time. Which is why I said "Day 3: We'll see tonight". What you failed to read into my generalized statement was that when people don't log into the server, that server dies. I have seen it time and time again and so have you. Dayz(4-5 times now) and Rust to name a few recently. I'm not sorry for wanting a longevity to our new servers and making a generalized statement.

Next time you feel the need to read more into my generalized statement maybe you can send me a PM first so we can discuss it instead of trying to berate me in the forums.
I apologize for what I said coming off as criticizing or hating you because I don't. I think you are pretty chill guy, respectable, and you always seem to have the best interest at heart for this community. I never said you had to be sorry for "making a generalized statement or wanting a longevity to our new servers", I want that too. In fact I'm sure most of this community would be happy if we had a variety of servers (not just Minecraft) populated more.

We are basically on the same page here except I believe the server has more or less players on throughout the day than you are depicting from your "generalized statements". But anyways, I see where you are coming from and I don't wish to prolong this anymore than I have to. I think I got my point across here and if you wish to further discuss this you may do it via forum pm. Have a great day and I hope to see you on the server soon.

RallyReaper

I too get on whenever possible.

Lately I have not seen many people but could have something to do with the fact when I get on it's usually late at night.