Apr 27, 2024, 11:20 AM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

[Pixelmon] World Reset

Started by Towelie, Jul 09, 2014, 04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Jul 09, 2014, 04:41 AM Last Edit: Jul 09, 2014, 04:46 AM by Towelie
The world(s) will be reset as we update to Pixelmon 3.1.x.
We are currently performing tests and we cannot see a way in which we don't have to reset the world.
What happened ins, 1.7.2 Pixelmon uses a different way of storing items (Went from item id's to item names).
We apologize for this inconvenience!

What you will lose:
- Your builds
- Your inventory
- Your XP level

What you will keep:
- Your Pokemon
- Your /money
- Your MCMMO xp

We apologize for this however sacrifice is often needed for progress. We will do our best to refund any item donations that occured in the last two weeks prior the reset, but no more than that seeing as these items are considered consumable items

NOTE: At this time we do not have an exact time of the upgrade so this is just an informative message.
We are testing 3.1.2 for stability and will post more updates as we have them

NOTE: Our initial plans of giving you guys a storage world to store your items on would not work because of this item id-> name change.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Eternal_Jamie

Heh should be mojang saying their sorry for making every update break something.

Adam_Sawg

Mojang are saying that they are  "fixing" the 1.8, by adding sponge to survival, who thinks that they need help?

Loasty

Could we get an aprox time on when this will happen?  Some people are getting worried ingame about how much time they have with their stuff and ect; so if we knew an aprox time it could help calm some of them down :x

And honestly i prefer this; Its sad that we cant do a storage but in the end it will work out!
Pixelmon Admin
Need assistance? contact me on discord @ Loasty#4663

Eternal_Jamie

Quote from: tady1 on Jul 09, 2014, 10:57 AM
Could we get an aprox time on when this will happen?  Some people are getting worried ingame about how much time they have with their stuff and ect; so if we knew an aprox time it could help calm some of them down :x

And honestly i prefer this; Its sad that we cant do a storage but in the end it will work out!
Expect they'll have one once they test to see if it's stable enough to use

Nubbun

So the initial plan about a storage world did it only fail for Pixelmon stuff or Pixelmon stuff AND vanilla stuff?

\(◎o◎)/

emm10

It will still probably take about month, maybe a half, before the update because the update is still so unstable.

Towelie

We do not know at this moment.
Dpa is testing each update and determining if it's stable enough for us.
We don't want to rush into an update and then suffer crashes, corruption or worse

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

gigomartin

cant peops with LOADS of pokeloot get refunded something :/ i still gotta sell 4 large chestes full stocked with tms (i see the quastion comming how the hell so much well credits go to john_RJ wich i aint like so much anymord now) xD

Loasty

Here is just a thought, i doubt itll happen but maybe it would be helpful to some of us..  What if we open a "EMP"  for like 3 days BEFORE the official world reset just to give players the opportunity to get rid of everything?  It wouldn't have a lot of return value but it could be a little something to help us move into the new world?   The only downfalls i can personally see is that it may have an impact on the new worlds economy; as well as it would require a lot of work and pressure onto the managers, ect :l   Just an idea so don't hold it against me
Pixelmon Admin
Need assistance? contact me on discord @ Loasty#4663

graven2603

So will we lose our normal minecraft items as well like  :diamondshovel: :diamondpickaxe:
Yuri!!! on ICE is just the best #Victuri
"Try getting good scrub, Time to learn by dying"

Chrisuv

Quote from: graven2603 on Jul 09, 2014, 01:45 PM
So will we lose our normal minecraft items as well like  :diamondshovel: :diamondpickaxe:
Yes. As stated in the thread your "Homes" & "Inventories" will be reset.

Therefore anything you are holding will be GONE and anything stored in your house will be GONE.

burgermis

What about ender chests?

Adam_Sawg

I will join this pixelmon.... some day

emm10

Quote from: Chrisuv on Jul 09, 2014, 02:14 PM
Quote from: graven2603 on Jul 09, 2014, 01:45 PM
Yes. As stated in the thread your "Homes" & "Inventories" will be reset.

Therefore anything you are holding will be GONE and anything stored in your house will be GONE.

Actually, you keep your vanilla minecraft items, such as pickaxes, oak wood, coal, etc. The reason he said your house will be gone, is because almost everyone builds their houses out of chisel blocks, and not normal blocks.

EDIT: Sorry, I was mistaken, I was thinking about what Dpa said, not what Tow said.

gigomartin

Quote from: tady1 on Jul 09, 2014, 01:30 PM
Here is just a thought, i doubt itll happen but maybe it would be helpful to some of us..  What if we open a "EMP"  for like 3 days BEFORE the official world reset just to give players the opportunity to get rid of everything?  It wouldn't have a lot of return value but it could be a little something to help us move into the new world?   The only downfalls i can personally see is that it may have an impact on the new worlds economy; as well as it would require a lot of work and pressure onto the managers, ect :l   Just an idea so don't hold it against me
yesh yesh please do that a server shop for all pixelmon items just selling it dont have to be the jackpot price but please do that :D