50% Discount on all the "EULA Violating" items

Started by Towelie, Jul 19, 2014, 11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

We have discounted all the EULA Violating items from the donator shop by 50%.
I'd like to remind you that starting August 1st these items will be removed from the server.
To make it easier to you to realize which items will be released, I have moved them all in the "Will be removed in august 1st" category.

Click here to go to the donator shop -> http://superfuntime.buycraft.net/category/168625

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Chrisuv

Nice to see this. People should take advantage and help the progression to EULA.

Adam_Sawg

Towelie? the ranks? wow, so this mean we can get member,veteran,elite,and tycoon only?

ExBlooD

If we buy now? Does we lose it the 1st agu?

brotherband

Adam_Sawg

Quote from: Adam_Sawg on Jul 19, 2014, 11:58 AM
Towelie? the ranks? wow, so this mean we can get member,veteran,elite,and tycoon only?

i mean after Aug 1st

Green_Giant

No the rank packs are only changing. You will still be able to get donator ranks but packages contain different things.

Quote from Buycraft:
You can purchase rank packs here.
The rank packs will have Cosmetic perks.
Any rank you buy from this category will be yours for an undetermined period of time (as long as you play on our Server)

Brightpkz

Jul 19, 2014, 04:43 PM #7 Last Edit: Jul 19, 2014, 05:19 PM by Brightpkz
Quote from: Adam_Sawg on Jul 19, 2014, 04:38 PM

i mean after Aug 1st

No. If you check, there are new donor ranks, not to mention, old ones which players donated for will remain.

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

Towelie

Quote from: Brightpkz on Jul 19, 2014, 04:43 PM

i mean after Aug 1st

No. If you check, here are new donor ranks, not to mention, old ones which players donated for will remain.
^ Ranks were already re-added they just contain different perks. Due to the new EULA, we are not allowed to have any perks but cosmetic perks for the rank packs.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

balistic-skills

what has happened to the appreciation contest post i can't seem to find it

Brightpkz

Quote from: balistic-skills on Jul 19, 2014, 04:54 PM
what has happened to the appreciation contest post i can't seem to find it

Cancelled. Host did not manage to donate for the prizes in time.

Towelie

i mean after Aug 1st
No, we already added the new ranks which look the same but have different perks. Instead of items / empbucks , the new perks are decorative (particle effects, hats, etc)

AMDMgames

Thanks towelie! And btw, is this for all servers?

Tombo_

Adam_Sawg

Sorry Towelie, but non or the new ranks are event worth it,

Brightpkz

Quote from: Adam_Sawg on Jul 20, 2014, 11:19 AM

Why do you think so? Please give suggestions, if not, please keep your opinions to yourself :)

Chrisuv

"Make fun of Towelie"

Awesome edition, let's see how people take advantage of it.

Towelie

Quote from: Adam_Sawg on Jul 20, 2014, 11:19 AM
That's your opinion and you are entitled to it.
But I did post a feedback thread before making these ranks and everyone appreciated them.

emm10

For the "Make Fun of Towelie", how long would you keep the prefix that someone gave to you?

Towelie

Quote from: emm10 on Jul 20, 2014, 12:32 PM
For the "Make Fun of Towelie", how long would you keep the prefix that someone gave to you?
Idk, until I change it lol.
If it's something too offensive/demeaning, probably imediately if its something fun probabyla t least a few hours

Meldie-2

I think the EULA will be changed anyway, you can never stop the power of the people

Brightpkz

Quote from: Meldie-2 on Jul 20, 2014, 12:41 PM
I think the EULA will be changed anyway, you can never stop the power of the people

It will not, the EULA has never changed, it has only been taken loosely in the past. Though people may have power...

1. They are not as strong as their entertainment provider - Mojang
2. A portion of them already started playing Realms

Mojang owns the game, they are going for the money, they barely care about their fans. Even if we were to go against it, at the end of the day, they control the game.

This is reality, and in reality, most people are selfish, power-hungry, craving for money. They do not even care if you hold some protest... Mojang was DDoSed because of this EULA, nothing happened, the EULA was not changed, but the people wasted a ton of their efforts. Notch made a clear point, we cannot charge for their game. Though this may sound harsh, he's got the right to say so. Reality is harsh, and truth hurts.

Though, alike all the players, I wish for SFT to be able to remain, but reality is reality, and no one can change it. If one day, Towelie does not have the power to continue supporting this community, there's nothing to be done, we cannot beg Mojang or anything. But that day won't come soon, because I believe in SFT, and I believe in Towelie. You may say that Mojang is being very mean, but all companies crave for money, do you really think your iPhone, Louis Vuitton, or Gucci are worth all that money? The truth is, everyone looks to gain more money, because with money, comes power, and with power, comes respect.

Limax007

Quote from: Brightpkz on Jul 20, 2014, 04:12 PM

It will not, the EULA has never changed, it has only been taken loosely in the past. Though people may have power...

Mojang owns the game, they are going for the money, they barely care about their fans. Even if we were to go against it, at the end of the day, they control the game.

This is reality, and in reality, most people are selfish, power-hungry, craving for money. They do not even care if you hold some protest... Mojang was DDoSed because of this EULA, nothing happened, the EULA was not changed, but the people wasted a ton of their efforts. Notch made a clear point, we cannot charge for their game. Though this may sound harsh, he's got the right to say so. Reality is harsh, and truth hurts.

Though, alike all the players, I wish for SFT to be able to remain, but reality is reality, and no one can change it. If one day, Towelie does not have the power to continue supporting this community, there's nothing to be done, we cannot beg Mojang or anything. But that day won't come soon, because I believe in SFT, and I believe in Towelie. You may say that Mojang is being very mean, but all companies crave for money, do you really think your iPhone, Louis Vuitton, or Gucci are worth all that money? The truth is, everyone looks to gain more money, because with money, comes power, and with power, comes respect.

Bright, it is not quite like that. If you buy Autocad you can charge for the result of using it.
In my opinion this is a service providing server and the end users all paid already for the software.
Server is not just hosting a map.

Brightpkz

Quote from: Limax007 on Jul 30, 2014, 08:37 AM

Bright, it is not quite like that. If you buy Autocad you can charge for the result of using it.
In my opinion this is a service providing server and the end users all paid already for the software.

I never said a server cannot charge players for going on... Mojang is doing this to promote Realms and Realms bring them money. I also never said a server was just a map.

All I said was Mojang is doing this out of money... And that the EULA won't change.

Sorry for being rude, but please read what I said.

Limax007

Quote from: Brightpkz on Jul 30, 2014, 09:05 AM
Quote from: Limax007 on Jul 30, 2014, 08:37 AM

I never said a server cannot charge players for going on... Mojang is doing this to promote Realms and Realms bring them money. I also never said a server was just a map.

All I said was Mojang is doing this out of money... And that the EULA won't change.

Sorry for being rude, but please read what I said.

You didn't get me mate.
Read it again.
What I was saying is that technically SFT is not charging for the game (we have to treat it like a software because that's what it is), SFT is generating a service with a software and is charging for various options.
To use the same example would be like Autocad not letting their customers to charge for the straight lines made in their projects because the straight line was already implemented by Autocad developers.

So basically SFT is not charging for their game (Mojang's Notch, whatever) but for some optional services.

Legally speaking it should work their way only if SFT would use the software as a franchise.