May 06, 2024, 08:24 PM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

Why aren't you voting?

Started by Towelie, Jul 29, 2014, 11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SnipeMasterShark

Would a vote point shop for any/all the servers be a good idea?

Example: gold ingot = 6 vote points, a diamond = 10, held items = 20 (pixelmon), 1 chosen pokespawn = 100 (pixelmon, and not a legend or a shiny, tho maybe add a chance for shiny)

Thats ~17 days of 6 votes a day

As far as pixelmon vote rewards, pokeballs are very easy to get. Rare candys are a good rare reward, but 1 every day or two will not get many people excited, and to be honest are worth less and less with /warp ta

But with that said it cant be something that ruins the economy for the game we are trying to promote

Dandiamondore

Jul 29, 2014, 07:35 PM #26 Last Edit: Jul 29, 2014, 07:46 PM by Dandiamondore
I've been playing on SFT Pixelmon since January now and I used to vote every day didn't matter if I was going to be on or not but about a month or two ago it kept saying "session Expired". this error has stopped from voting and I was wondering if this was an error in the client side (me) or an error on the website that can be fixed. if I was able to vote and had been able to vote I assure you I would've voted nearly every day. plus I agree with a lot of people on the fact that 2 ultra balls or a rare candy every day or two is a bit small, sure it helps those who have just started and this unfortunate few who manage to start without a starter (however the noobs manage that feat not to be rude though) I think a maybe the more hours of uptime you have the more rewards you get or maybe a different reward set for every 100 hours or so. just trying to throw some ideas out there not trying to tell any mods or owners how to do their jobs. plus if anyone knows how to fix the "session expired" error please leave a comment

Acyncz

Tornadof123

I vote as often as I can, and i'm glad to say it :D.

xsosolid1kx

Everytime you ask about why people aren't voting I always suggest having regular votepoint contests like we used to but I never get any feedback. It motivated me to start voting in the first place and now I have like 8000 votes. Anyway, there's already a page on the website for it at http://www.superfuntime.org/votepoints

BluetigerESW

I'm one of the top ten voters and used to be the fourth top voter 8)

Quote from: SnipeMasterShark on Jul 29, 2014, 07:33 PM
Would a vote point shop for any/all the servers be a good idea?

Example: gold ingot = 6 vote points, a diamond = 10, held items = 20 (pixelmon), 1 chosen pokespawn = 100 (pixelmon, and not a legend or a shiny, tho maybe add a chance for shiny)

Thats ~17 days of 6 votes a day

As far as pixelmon vote rewards, pokeballs are very easy to get. Rare candys are a good rare reward, but 1 every day or two will not get many people excited, and to be honest are worth less and less with /warp ta

But with that said it cant be something that ruins the economy for the game we are trying to promote
we have a voteshop on the survival server where sometimes from voting you get vote tokens which you can trade in for items or permissions...

I think that with pixelmon as big as it is we should we should add a /voteshop like the one on survival? That would encourage people to vote
I enjoy the act of xD-ing, like if you agree

Towelie

Quote from: xsosolid1kx on Jul 30, 2014, 01:38 AM
Everytime you ask about why people aren't voting I always suggest having regular votepoint contests like we used to but I never get any feedback. It motivated me to start voting in the first place and now I have like 8000 votes. Anyway, there's already a page on the website for it at http://www.superfuntime.org/votepoints
Fair enough. Let's do that. I need to find out how to reset votepoints so I'll talk to fear then when I manage to do that, I'll do a contest seing as there's one day till they are reset.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

onionboys

I won pet permissions for being the highest voter 8) another contest like that would be cool

Adam_Sawg

i THINK i might know why the reason no one is voting, some people started to vote after you change the vote rewards, and it was a smart choice Tow, but maybe there is nothing left to do in survival, i mean, we have everything: diamonds,gold,money from our player/auto shop, maybe thats the reason,

everyone will hate me if i say this is the solution: maybe sft should start fresh... beacause over 60% of SFT have everything, even from the donator shops, they dont see a reason to vote for $$$ or items. so this might the answer....

~Adam_Sawg

Towelie

Quote from: Adam_Sawg on Jul 30, 2014, 07:24 AM
i THINK i might know why the reason no one is voting, some people started to vote after you change the vote rewards, and it was a smart choice Tow, but maybe there is nothing left to do in survival, i mean, we have everything: diamonds,gold,money from our player/auto shop, maybe thats the reason,

everyone will hate me if i say this is the solution: maybe sft should start fresh... beacause over 60% of SFT have everything, even from the donator shops, they dont see a reason to vote for $$$ or items. so this might the answer....

~Adam_Sawg
People aren't going to want that :S
However, the world reset will help.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

The Lovin Spoon

Jul 30, 2014, 07:29 AM #35 Last Edit: Jul 30, 2014, 09:07 PM by brE
How people are thinkin: Everyone but me votes, it wouldnt really hurt the community if one vote gets taken away, i'm lazy, i'm pretty sure that someone else can vote for me

And with everyone thinking like this, theres more than only 1 vote getting wiped away

hoppytoadbob

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 29, 2014, 05:48 PM
Quote from: Long Goner on Jul 29, 2014, 04:23 PM
There's TONS of people on Pixelmon and a few more on B-Team, maybe make the vote rewards better and they'll probably start voting.
What's wrong with the vote rewards on Pixelmon? Aren't they good?

I think the vote rewards on Pixelmon are awesome, some servers just give candy, Ultraballs with a chance to win candy works well, if you need to attract Pixelmon players add a chance for a fossil or Masterball with a real chance to win 1 announced win of either would start a storm of voting.

I vote every day to help myself on Vanilla and Pixelmon servers and to help the servers I like the servers and want them to thrive. Thanks Towelie for such awesome servers, Hoppy the Ancient Miner.

katoon123

put minestatus as first voting page

Towelie

Quote from: katoon123 on Aug 14, 2014, 10:14 AM
put minestatus as first voting page
mcservers (the current #1) is the biggest now so minestatus isn't what it used to be.

mafiageorge

People on pixelmon don't vote because the vote rewards really are not that good and have no variety.  If you have enough ultraballs/don't need them then it isn't worth the couple of minutes it takes to vote.  If you add things such as steve co. crates, TMs, HMs, battle items, and other rare/cool items people with be voting again in no time.

emm10

Quote from: mafiageorge on Aug 14, 2014, 04:14 PM
People on pixelmon don't vote because the vote rewards really are not that good and have no variety.  If you have enough ultraballs/don't need them then it isn't worth the couple of minutes it takes to vote.  If you add things such as steve co. crates, TMs, HMs, battle items, and other rare/cool items people with be voting again in no time.
I think a good idea would be if you got a random TM from voting, but at different tiers. Or better yet, we could introduce the vote token shop to pixelmon. For instance, say you got 20 tokens, you could swap it out for a rare candy, and if you got 100 vote tokens, you could get a master ball. Things like that.

Brightpkz

Quote from: Ricky_Ticki_Tovi on Aug 14, 2014, 07:00 PM
It's up to you the server to entice us to vote.  Calling us out and scolding us won't work.  You are like a business, providing us with an enjoyable server.  It needs votes.  So, you entice us to vote with rewards for voting.  Those don't work and people don't vote.  The server will lose popularity.  But you can't scold your customers.  And don't compare us to the staff.  The staff are like your employees.  If they are lazy, you can fire them.  But the customer is ALWAYS right.  We shouldn't have to come up with excuses.  We shouldn't HAVE to do anything, but if you entice us correctly, you may get more votes.     

Finally, I don't see why you need that many votes anyway.  Even if we lose the typical flow of newcomers, you still have veterans and members who will always play this server.  There are tons of people who already KNOW about this server, and they can tell their friends.  You may not get AS many players as you used to, but so what?  You still get a large amount from existing players.

Players are leaving, if you check the players on, throughout the summer, the highest on Survival was ~60. It used to be much higher last year. There wasn't a single scolding on this thread. Towelie simply asked you why you aren't voting so he could improve the vote system. Voting of course, is optional. It's necessary however, for a server, so that they get to be on the big minecraft server introduction sites. So please, stop ranting. And staff are not employees, employees get paid. You're also not a customer because you're not paying to play in the server. The only place that requires payment on this server is the premium shop/t-shirt shop. And they are not mandatory, so please stop trying to stereotype things and change the story when our owners are already trying so hard.

It's pathetic that so little credit is given to the owners and yet so many people rant about it so much.

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

Iplaymc8

I cant vote I signed in and I still cant vote

iLaxrv10

Quote from: Iplaymc8 on Jan 01, 2016, 10:06 PMI cant vote I signed in and I still cant vote

Please do not bump year old topics! There is a more recent topic about voting.
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Towelie

Quote from: katoon123 on Jul 29, 2014, 12:03 PMWhat about reminding people to vote when they visit the website?

Not sure if its possible but if vote or closed is clicked then it wont show for another 24h or add a tick box saying dont show again.

or with a dimmed back for it to stand out

@mordalthunder  - Would that be possible ? (with a better design of the vote dialogue box :P)