Apr 27, 2024, 05:39 AM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

Why aren't you voting?

Started by Towelie, Jul 29, 2014, 11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

I am wondering why people aren't voting.
You asked for better rewards, we added better rewards. You asked for more EmpBucks in the votes, we added more EmpBucks. You asked to be able to buy Flymod/Other permission-based donations by voting, we added that.
So why aren't you guys voting?

We are in a bad bad place, whereas we used to be on #40th place a while ago now we struggle to maintain in the top 100.
What is your reasoning for not voting on the server?

I believe I explained one to many times that it's crucial for us to get votes and that our very existence relies on that, as well as donations and +1's.

We aren't forcing you to vote like other servers and we aren't whoring rewards either (although we are getting close to doing so, I believe our current vote rewards are a bit too big but you asked for them).

I don't want to play the shaming card (again) and tell you how horrible you are for not voting because a) that doesn't work b) it isn't a real good way of doing things.

But I'm trying to find out why people are not voting. PS: Saying you are lazy is no real excuse. What if staff were too lazy to help you too? Or what if we were too lazy to process unbans. Would that be an excuse?

The moral of this story: Please /vote daily. Please +1 our server on all of your LEGITIMATE minecraft accounts, please donate if you can. It helps us a lot and these are the only 3 things that can help guarantee our future existence

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

ryan_m004

Jul 29, 2014, 11:42 AM #1 Last Edit: Jul 29, 2014, 11:59 AM by ryan_m004
I agree Tow. I vote on the 4 sites that my computer wont crash on..
I'm in game and say this: 'want to help SFT and get a nice reward? /vote'
And after saying this we are lucky to gain 1 vote.

EDIT: The only time we really gain votes is when there is an event and everyone needs to vote
Quote from: MrEpicWonder on Dec 25, 2014, 09:21 PMi have such a good memory, an apple, an orange and a tennis ball thrown at my dick.

MrEpicWonder

I don't understand why people don't vote, i try to do it daily if i don't forget or get hooked in other real life things.
Quote from: Towelie on Dec 16, 2015, 09:12 AMI'd still like to see the nativity scene re-enacted in minecraft while I eat popcorn and mock Christians
Quote from: Towelie on Jan 17, 2016, 08:45 AMSending me any inappropriate pictures will cause you to get banned (unless you are a female and 18+)

katoon123

Jul 29, 2014, 12:03 PM #3 Last Edit: Jul 29, 2014, 01:47 PM by katoon123
What about reminding people to vote when they visit the website?

Not sure if its possible but if vote or closed is clicked then it wont show for another 24h or add a tick box saying dont show again.

or with a dimmed back for it to stand out

adxlax

That's a great idea katoon!

gothar666

I have  routine of voting on every vote site at 11 am... xD

The Lovin Spoon

Quote from: katoon123 on Jul 29, 2014, 12:03 PM
What about reminding people to vote when they visit the website?

Not sure if its possible but if vote or closed is clicked then it wont show for another 24h or add a tick box saying dont show again.

i like this idea

ddude_stnom

I like katoon123's idea as well, as it could persuade people to start voting again.

N1ux_

i do vote everyday and everyday possible...but idk why others wont vote :/

Green_Giant

Problem with Katoon's idea is it will keep popping up even after you've voted and get really annoying. I load up the forums constanty and don't really wanan have to click 'close' every single time.

Towelie

Quote from: Green_Giant on Jul 29, 2014, 01:08 PM
Problem with Katoon's idea is it will keep popping up even after you've voted and get really annoying. I load up the forums constanty and don't really wanan have to click 'close' every single time.
We can make it pop up every 24h

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Tombo_

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 29, 2014, 01:35 PM
Quote from: Green_Giant on Jul 29, 2014, 01:08 PM
We can make it pop up every 24h

If that can happen, I think this idea would have a great impact and increase the votes by a great amount.

Adam_Sawg

idk where you guys heard you are almost below the top 100 servers,,, thats not true.. you guys were in the 40s... now the 70s... thats not good, but i started to vote 6 times a day, for da crates xD and for SFT instead 1nce a day.

LUFC4eva

When I wasn't banned, I used to vote on every site. However, some sites didn't even work, only a few of them actually showed up in the chat and gave rewards, I'm not sure if they're fixed now, but this could be a reason why people don't vote as much anymore.

GRIMI_

We're still top on minebook by ~3000votes at least. However it's important to hold high spots on as many sites as possible.

(pos 3 is top because 1 and 2 pay for that position.)

Barbacue2

I really like katoon's idea.

Towelie

Quote from: GRIMIGAMING on Jul 29, 2014, 02:32 PM
We're still top on minebook by ~3000votes at least. However it's important to hold high spots on as many sites as possible.

minebook is not really relevant any more.

emm10

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 29, 2014, 03:21 PM
Quote from: GRIMIGAMING on Jul 29, 2014, 02:32 PM

minebook is not really relevant any more.
Is minebook a list of servers?

The_Offical_Irvo

Maybe give faction votes a reward that will be useful.? ;)

Long Goner

There's TONS of people on Pixelmon and a few more on B-Team, maybe make the vote rewards better and they'll probably start voting.

Towelie

Quote from: Long Goner on Jul 29, 2014, 04:23 PM
There's TONS of people on Pixelmon and a few more on B-Team, maybe make the vote rewards better and they'll probably start voting.
What's wrong with the vote rewards on Pixelmon? Aren't they good?

Towelie

Quote from: The_Offical_Irvo on Jul 29, 2014, 04:10 PM
Examples please.

emm10

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 29, 2014, 05:48 PM
Quote from: The_Offical_Irvo on Jul 29, 2014, 04:10 PM
Examples please.
EXP bottles would be good. But I'm not sure if you already get those from voting.

Cireshie

I am glad to say that I vote everyday :D

Fine, you got me. ALMOST every day

gigomartin

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 29, 2014, 05:48 PM
Quote from: Long Goner on Jul 29, 2014, 04:23 PM
What's wrong with the vote rewards on Pixelmon? Aren't they good?
to be honest they aint :/ giving out rewards like fly on survival and ultra balls on pixelmon is a big difference :/ also i don't vote cis my pc can't handle the lag :/