May 16, 2024, 11:12 AM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

Help spruce up Survival

Started by Towelie, Jul 29, 2014, 11:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFT_Beast

Jul 29, 2014, 04:28 PM #25 Last Edit: Jul 29, 2014, 04:37 PM by SFT_Beast
Well idk if this idea would be a smart idea or just an idea thats just going to be plain rubbish. But I was thinking that we could have like a once a month SFT Purge, but instead of just killing each other it would be a competition for the most kills and destruction done. If there are any ideas that require a person to host (regardless of rank) I'd love to help/host with them. 

Brightpkz

Rebuild spheretown, or add a new world.

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

Long Goner

Lets add an (automated) game server, and move all the games like /ma and /dm there and re-add the games that we used to have, like Infected, /ctf, /pb (paintball), and maybe make some sort of attacking/defending game, and focus on developing it for when after 1.8/Towny comes out. When the server comes out of course post it on the general announcements and suggest ideas for new games for it.

shadowblade270

I dunno if its still possible, but a while back we had a plugin that allowed us to capture mobs using eggs, that may be something to add back. I know i enjoyed that plugin.

jacob

Quote from: shadowblade270 on Jul 29, 2014, 04:37 PM
I dunno if its still possible, but a while back we had a plugin that allowed us to capture mobs using eggs, that may be something to add back. I know i enjoyed that plugin.

the plugin is out dated or very buggy i miss that plugin it was very fun

TheGoldenKibby

•I would like to see a dynmap for survival. I like to know where in world 1 my other builds are.
•Re add the bumper car plugin.
•Re add /bxp
Thnx for reading.

zomcri

Quote from: GRIMIGAMING on Jul 29, 2014, 04:10 PM
Quote from: Towelie on Jul 29, 2014, 03:20 PM
Quote from: GRIMIGAMING on Jul 29, 2014, 02:35 PM
Event league 4.

or we could do SFTOlympics 2014 (regardless of real life date)

(connor pls)
yes pls. anyone offering to host?

Well, eventleague can be sorted by kark and the team.

SFTOlympics we can ask connor about. I helped last time so we might be able to get it going.
I know the date isn't exactly a big thing.. but

SFT Commonwealth Olympics? :3

Kingcozza

Quote from: Adam_Sawg on Jul 29, 2014, 01:11 PM

Meaning for Attackers vs. Defenders: 2 teams: Red vs. blue (wearing their dyed armor depending on what team) fight to either defend or attack the objects Defends must protect the objects, by killing the enemy team 50 times, while the attacks fight the objects (kill the objective meaning) and if they destroy both objects, they will the game, but attacks can gain lives by destroying a object, 1 object = 10 lives, but the defenders have infinite lives, so be careful of how to attack or defend, and you will have kits to chose from. every kit can help or ruin your chance to win... but the map can be either small-med- or large.

I really like the sound of this idea

jaytan216

I always go to deathmatch and tell people to play PvP with me.Not much people will join and play,PvP is like dead on the server, i know its a survival server but we still can have a lot of pvp matches. I know that some people can be cheaters and some people need staff to solve their PvP problems.I have really tried to get people to play Deathmatch with me but they still refuse to play. I'm NOT trying to force them to play with me with a "do /dm j base for some pvp fun" message, but im trying to have some fun with the players on SFT. Maybe make the time more longer and the match more challenging?If you can , better prizes and such so that they can play and enjoy PvP snd give their best at it to try getting the prizes.
PS: maybe add a solo person and co-op mode if you can,i don't know if it is possible but it is just a suggestion.

TheMop123

Hunger games and prop hunt?

Diggs_Blocks

Quote from: TheMop123 on Jul 29, 2014, 05:44 PM
Hunger games and prop hunt?
We had that but they were both very glitchy. For example the blocks (players) would sometimes turn invisible and would kill the hunter right away and you wouldn't be able to move in hunger games.

Towelie

Quote from: BattleAxium on Jul 29, 2014, 04:03 PM
Have you tried or made any of the suggested minigames in this topic? or what about the feedback given here?

Maybe before looking for more things you can do to "spruce up survival" you should take into consideration most of the suggestions that were already given to you in previous topics. For whatever reason these topics seem to get buried in the graveyard or left open without anything getting done.
A lot of the issues from the second post were fixed.
And yes, we tried to do draw my thing from the first post twice but we gave up twice because various factors (last being that we found out our soon to be next dev was frostpaint).

Also -> http://www.superfuntime.org/forum/general-announcements/how-to-report-a-problem-make-a-suggestion-without-getting-kicked-in-the-face/?topicseen

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

emm10

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 29, 2014, 06:49 PM
(last being that we found out our soon to be next dev was frostpaint).

Wut?

Lol, he just keeps coming.

BluetigerESW

Quote from: katoon123 on Jul 29, 2014, 12:07 PM
I liked the quest plugin he had before where you make something and receive an reward.

People just need to be reminded to use it
Add more quests= a lot more to do <---we should do this
I enjoy the act of xD-ing, like if you agree

Acyncz

My personal opinion is we have more events ingame, way more.

Kingcozza

Why does FrostPaint keep coming back?..

FinalTest

Planting more spruce trees should spruce up the server   ;)

Towelie

@Acyncz - We need to tell the EventHosts that. I'll have a chat to KArkafi
@Kingcozza - Beats me. I can't read his mind.
@FinalTest - Interesting view.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Fire_Lord_Nero

I agree with some of the others, the quests were pretty cool.

ryan_m004

Tow i think we need a few more event hosts (maybe like 3 more). A lot of the time there are no event hosts on and when they are on (for hours) they sometimes dont even host an event.  Dead zone needs a event host because there are none on in dead zone and also not enough jmods/mods on sometimes. Making more event hosts will help this as they have got JMOD duties as well.
Quote from: MrEpicWonder on Dec 25, 2014, 09:21 PMi have such a good memory, an apple, an orange and a tennis ball thrown at my dick.

arch8ic

Create a world where the entire thing is spruce. Not just trees, just spruce. Everywhere you look? Spruce. Floors, walls, beds? It's all spruce.
SFT Lost Islands Engineer!

Adam_Sawg

Event league 4.

(connor pls)

host--) EVENTHOSTS!
they are made for a special reason xD

Jyncs

Quote from: SFT_Beast on Jul 29, 2014, 04:28 PM
Well idk if this idea would be a smart idea or just an idea thats just going to be plain rubbish. But I was thinking that we could have like a once a month SFT Purge, but instead of just killing each other it would be a competition for the most kills and destruction done. If there are any ideas that require a person to host (regardless of rank) I'd love to help/host with them. 

I kinda like this idea. What if there was a third world where say every hour for 15 minutes that everything and anything was allowed. Griefing, PvP, tnt, etc. All protections are turned off. After the 15 minutes, you have 45 to build a more secure place and hope someone doesn't come raid you or kill you to purge.

I know it sounds like a lot of dev work but it would definitely pique my interest in survival and MC again.

Eternal_Jamie

Jul 30, 2014, 11:55 AM #48 Last Edit: Jul 30, 2014, 12:05 PM by Eternal_Jamie
Quote from: ryan_m004 on Jul 30, 2014, 06:36 AM
Tow i think we need a few more event hosts (maybe like 3 more). A lot of the time there are no event hosts on and when they are on (for hours) they sometimes dont even host an event.  Dead zone needs a event host because there are none on in dead zone and also not enough jmods/mods on sometimes. Making more event hosts will help this as they have got JMOD duties as well.
Reason deadzone has low staff and no event host is cause we haven't found many/anyone suitable. Can't just "make" another event hot.

mindsoulbodyaz

Event league 4.

(connor pls)

I would be more than happy to host.