May 08, 2024, 02:20 AM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

Help spruce up Survival

Started by Towelie, Jul 29, 2014, 11:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryan_m004

Quote from: Eternal_Jamie on Jul 30, 2014, 11:55 AM
Quote from: ryan_m004 on Jul 30, 2014, 06:36 AM
Tow i think we need a few more event hosts (maybe like 3 more). A lot of the time there are no event hosts on and when they are on (for hours) they sometimes dont even host an event.  Dead zone needs a event host because there are none on in dead zone and also not enough jmods/mods on sometimes. Making more event hosts will help this as they have got JMOD duties as well.
Reason deadzone has low staff and no event host is cause we haven't found many/anyone suitable. Can't just "make" another event hot.

Not asking for staff. But I'm more than happy to help as I always play in dead zone.
Quote from: MrEpicWonder on Dec 25, 2014, 09:21 PMi have such a good memory, an apple, an orange and a tennis ball thrown at my dick.

rileyblockman

also bring back /return alot of people get mad about losing there stuff and staff cant do anything about it

ryan_m004

Quote from: rileyblockman on Jul 30, 2014, 09:18 PM
also bring back /return alot of people get mad about losing there stuff and staff cant do anything about it

Its survival /return is not needed.
Quote from: MrEpicWonder on Dec 25, 2014, 09:21 PMi have such a good memory, an apple, an orange and a tennis ball thrown at my dick.

SFT_Beast

Quote from: Eternal_Jamie on Jul 30, 2014, 11:55 AM
Tow i think we need a few more event hosts (maybe like 3 more). A lot of the time there are no event hosts on and when they are on (for hours) they sometimes dont even host an event.  Dead zone needs a event host because there are none on in dead zone and also not enough jmods/mods on sometimes. Making more event hosts will help this as they have got JMOD duties as well.
Reason deadzone has low staff and no event host is cause we haven't found many/anyone suitable. Can't just "make" another event hot.
I could help with that, like during my school hours there are bunches of EH's on. But during free time there are basically only a few that are there. Some don't even do their duties honestly, just doing random things.

BluetigerESW

Jul 31, 2014, 05:51 AM #54 Last Edit: Jul 31, 2014, 05:57 AM by BluetigerESW
Quote from: GRIMIGAMING on Jul 29, 2014, 04:10 PM
Quote from: Towelie on Jul 29, 2014, 03:20 PM
Quote from: GRIMIGAMING on Jul 29, 2014, 02:35 PM
Event league 4.

or we could do SFTOlympics 2014 (regardless of real life date)

(connor pls)
yes pls. anyone offering to host?

Well, eventleague can be sorted by kark and the team.

SFTOlympics we can ask connor about. I helped last time so we might be able to get it going.
if needed/allowed I can help host or record this?

Post Merge: Jul 31, 2014, 05:57 AM

In my opinion we have more than enough hosts, during normal times it's not uncommon that I see 3 or 4 hosts on for hours at a time...no need to have another host just for deadzone, managers can do that. And I've come on and tried to do quiz or wipeout during deadzone and only 3 or 4 people come. It would be difficult for an EventHost to do their duties/meet their requirements if nobody ever shows up to events...but that's just my opinion
I enjoy the act of xD-ing, like if you agree

Brightpkz

Quote from: BluetigerESW on Jul 31, 2014, 05:51 AM
Quote from: GRIMIGAMING on Jul 29, 2014, 04:10 PM
Event league 4.

(connor pls)

Well, eventleague can be sorted by kark and the team.

SFTOlympics we can ask connor about. I helped last time so we might be able to get it going.
if needed/allowed I can help host or record this?

Post Merge: Jul 31, 2014, 05:57 AM

In my opinion we have more than enough hosts, during normal times it's not uncommon that I see 3 or 4 hosts on for hours at a time...no need to have another host just for deadzone, managers can do that. And I've come on and tried to do quiz or wipeout during deadzone and only 3 or 4 people come. It would be difficult for an EventHost to do their duties/meet their requirements if nobody ever shows up to events...but that's just my opinion

Agreed with blue. I frequently see multiple on.

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

Sparkle_Sun

I don't know if we ever had Hunger Games before, but I've seen a lot of guests join asking for this. I started to build one a while ago but was too busy.

emm10

Quote from: Sparkle_Sun on Jul 31, 2014, 01:49 PM
I don't know if we ever had Hunger Games before, but I've seen a lot of guests join asking for this. I started to build one a while ago but was too busy.
I use to love games like this, and UHC is a great example of how successful survival/fighting mini games can be. I think it would be cool to do this, but I think it would require plugins. If the devs don't have to much on their plate as of now.

BattleAxium

Quote from: emm10 on Jul 31, 2014, 02:16 PM
I use to love games like this, and UHC is a great example of how successful survival/fighting mini games can be. I think it would be cool to do this, but I think it would require plugins. If the devs don't have to much on their plate as of now.
I remember ColesyM was working on a custom Hunger Games plugin and we were going to have a dedicated server for it but I'm not sure what happened to that.

Brightpkz

Quote from: BattleAxium on Jul 31, 2014, 03:10 PM
Quote from: emm10 on Jul 31, 2014, 02:16 PM
I remember ColesyM was working on a custom Hunger Games plugin and we were going to have a dedicated server for it but I'm not sure what happened to that.

Was soon removed due to impopularity.

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

BluetigerESW

Restarting Event League again or something similar to it.
I enjoy the act of xD-ing, like if you agree

TheGoldenKibby

Change the spawn in w1 back to the central block. There are always people asking about stuff when its right in the faq which is in the central block. Also, the shops never get visited, if they ever did before.

Promote forum accounts. Ever since /rankup has been added, not many people have been using forums. They are forced to use it if they get banned, but other than that, they won't know any of the important community wide stuff. (e.g.. UHC season, contests, resets, etc.) this also helps promote the other sft servers.

tylerinator

ExBlooD

Towelie

BetXP imo didn't work as intended. I know you guys want free xp/money but it doesn't quite work like you want it to work.
As for /return - cannot re-add it, i've explained several times why not.

Hunger Games - gave up due to lack of popularity
Moving w1 spawn = no point since w2 will be reset and the current w1 will become w2

Mining World - How would that help other than breaking the economy?

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

balistic-skills

Event league 4.

(connor pls)
I could try to host SFTSummerOlympics, but I don't think it wold be wise for a Tycoon to do it, maybe a manager+ with help from event hosts