Apr 27, 2024, 09:26 AM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

Help spruce up Survival

Started by Towelie, Jul 29, 2014, 11:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Yes, this post targets our Survival server. Not because I care about only Survival but because currently it is the only server that has me running without ideas. I can't do a world reset because I'm stuck waiting for 1.8, Towns plugin is taking long to test and will take even longer until it's deployed (don't ask me when, we're testing it atm, doing our best, don't wanna rush).
So seing as the situation on Survival is not too good right now (World2 is almost full, World1 has ~30% free space and there's not really anything new to discover/explore), what should we do to give players stuff to do  until the reset?
Maybe a minigame plugin, maybe something else? let me know

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

MrEpicWonder

Just a little idea, Why not give them a large challenge of some discription. Give them a task to set. And let them accomplish it. Thats what i did. All i do now is train SFTMMo and mine and talk. Building to a degree but not much. I just think giving them a challenge that they could complete would be an idea. Not the best of course not, but an idea nevertheless.
Quote from: Towelie on Dec 16, 2015, 09:12 AMI'd still like to see the nativity scene re-enacted in minecraft while I eat popcorn and mock Christians
Quote from: Towelie on Jan 17, 2016, 08:45 AMSending me any inappropriate pictures will cause you to get banned (unless you are a female and 18+)

ryan_m004

Jul 29, 2014, 11:53 AM #2 Last Edit: Jul 29, 2014, 11:57 AM by ryan_m004
Maybe new mini games, I saw one that was called paint ball a few days ago. It sounds fun!
Maybe even more huge events like building contest ect..
You could bring RTD back for betting.
Maybe make a new world.
Quote from: MrEpicWonder on Dec 25, 2014, 09:21 PMi have such a good memory, an apple, an orange and a tennis ball thrown at my dick.

katoon123

I liked the quest plugin he had before where you make something and receive an reward.

People just need to be reminded to use it

gothar666

Quests. Maybe some very rare unique things to find which are more rare than diamonds...

ddude_stnom

I would love to see quests come back, as that kept players occupied for a long time. It would also be nice, in my eyes, if RTD was brought back for betting, as ryan_m004 has stated (Which was great fun!).

Adam_Sawg

I got a idea for that Mini Games plugin TowelieDOH just said, and a idea for Mob Arena it might not be good, but lets see:

For Mob Arena: How about changing the rewards in there? i survived waves up to 15, and i get is cookies! not worth it, you guys should change it into: EXP, better chance of diamonds,gold,potions, or even add: emeralds, and make the mob arena easier!!!

For Mini Game plugin: you guys should make a command to open a menu that has many games that connected to the SURVIVAL only: like adding news games: SFT Paintball? Attackers vs. Defends? SFT Party games? Kill the animals? IDK its up to you TowelieDOH =-)

Meaning for Attackers vs. Defenders: 2 teams: Red vs. blue (wearing their dyed armor depending on what team) fight to either defend or attack the objects Defends must protect the objects, by killing the enemy team 50 times, while the attacks fight the objects (kill the objective meaning) and if they destroy both objects, they will the game, but attacks can gain lives by destroying a object, 1 object = 10 lives, but the defenders have infinite lives, so be careful of how to attack or defend, and you will have kits to chose from. every kit can help or ruin your chance to win... but the map can be either small-med- or large.

The Reward for Attackers vs. Defenders: Every kill you get: 100 EMP? Every time you destroy the object: 1,000 EMP? Every win: 2,000 EMP? IDK its up to you Tow.

Meaning for SFT party games: its like choosing for you 10-20 random party games, each win is worth 3 stars, 2nd: 2 stars, and 3rd: 1 star , 1st place with most stars: 6,000 EMP? 2nd: 3,500 EMP? and 3rd is: 2,000 EMP 4th and below gets EMP depending of how many stars they got 1 star = 100 EMP?

that's all i can think of for now, sorry it has to be that long Tow, if you don't like this at ALL please reply to me at the forums, and if do like it, reply to me at the forums xD if you want to make changes... please say it here, and i hope you enjoy your time reading this,

From a very nice player in SFT,
Adam_Sawg

Towelie

I meant more conclusive things like links to plugins you want added or stuff that can be done easily.
Our devs are all super busy so we can't make any new plugins atm.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Adam_Sawg

I know that Tow, everyone can't do anything while 1.8 can come any moment, but this is just a idea, except for the Mob Arena one, you guys should change that, cookies for rewards wont make people have fun in there, and i don't understand if that's is a Y/N... sorry
BTW i have a strong feeling that after August 1, 1.8 will come, because of them threat mojang said to us all, about no money emp/diamonds/etc we can buy from donator shop...

Towelie

Quote from: Adam_Sawg on Jul 29, 2014, 01:30 PM
I know that Tow, everyone can't do anything while 1.8 can come any moment, but this is just a idea, except for the Mob Arena one, you guys should change that, cookies for rewards wont make people have fun in there, and i don't understand if that's is a Y/N... sorry
BTW i have a strong feeling that after August 1, 1.8 will come, because of them threat mojang said to us all, about no money emp/diamonds/etc we can buy from donator shop...
MobArena isn't about prizes, its about having fun with friends. The prizes are symbolic. If you want money/items get them by voting, farming, mining, etc.

Adam_Sawg

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 29, 2014, 01:48 PM
Quote from: Adam_Sawg on Jul 29, 2014, 01:30 PM
MobArena isn't about prizes, its about having fun with friends. The prizes are symbolic. If you want money/items get them by voting, farming, mining, etc.

sorry, i didn't know that, but cookies..... in mob arena.... not worth playing for..........

GRIMI_

Event league 4.

or we could do SFTOlympics 2014 (regardless of real life date)

(connor pls)

Barbacue2

Quote from: ddude_stnom on Jul 29, 2014, 01:07 PM
I would love to see quests come back, as that kept players occupied for a long time. It would also be nice, in my eyes, if RTD was brought back for betting, as ryan_m004 has stated (Which was great fun!).

Jyncs

Enderdragon Battles in the End. Gets reset every hour so  new people can do it.

Shouldn't be too hard to setup a reset of The End, and have a portal near spawn for it.

And don't complain that developers are busy. I offered and you kept turning me down, as I am sure you have done with other competent programmers.

Barbacue2

Personally I like Jyncs' idea. 

ddude_stnom

Some mini game ideas;

• Splegg - Spleefing by blowing up TNT with eggs.
  • ColorShuffle - Run to the selected colour before the time runs out and the floor falls out from beneath you.
  • TNTRun - Players start on layer of sand and every block that they step on dissapears. If player falls through the hole he loses the game. The last player wins the game.
These are probably my favourite minigames, and are great fun to play!

willhill2000

Towelie

Quote from: Jyncs on Jul 29, 2014, 02:53 PM
Enderdragon Battles in the End. Gets reset every hour so  new people can do it.

Shouldn't be too hard to setup a reset of The End, and have a portal near spawn for it.

And don't complain that developers are busy. I offered and you kept turning me down, as I am sure you have done with other competent programmers.
The end is very laggy and buggy in multiplayer bukkit.

Towelie

Quote from: GRIMIGAMING on Jul 29, 2014, 02:35 PM
Event league 4.

(connor pls)
yes pls. anyone offering to host?

Brightpkz

Advertisements in-real-life... Rather than only having ads in the net, maybe we could have some posters in famous places?

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

Eternal_Jamie

Quote from: Brightpkz on Jul 29, 2014, 03:29 PM
Advertisements in-real-life... Rather than only having ads in the net, maybe we could have some posters in famous places?
Targeted ads are more effective, where we advertise we know folk have an interest in mc.

td998

Quests, definitely. It's getting fr boring

crazygamer113

Quote from: ddude_stnom on Jul 29, 2014, 03:04 PM
Some mini game ideas;

• Splegg - Spleefing by blowing up TNT with eggs.
  • ColorShuffle - Run to the selected colour before the time runs out and the floor falls out from beneath you.
  • TNTRun - Players start on layer of sand and every block that they step on dissapears. If player falls through the hole he loses the game. The last player wins the game.
I like this one personally.

These are probably my favourite minigames, and are great fun to play!

BattleAxium

Have you tried or made any of the suggested minigames in this topic? or what about the feedback given here?

Maybe before looking for more things you can do to "spruce up survival" you should take into consideration most of the suggestions that were already given to you in previous topics. For whatever reason these topics seem to get buried in the graveyard or left open without anything getting done.

GRIMI_

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 29, 2014, 03:20 PM
Quote from: GRIMIGAMING on Jul 29, 2014, 02:35 PM
Event league 4.

(connor pls)
yes pls. anyone offering to host?

Well, eventleague can be sorted by kark and the team.

SFTOlympics we can ask connor about. I helped last time so we might be able to get it going.