Apr 28, 2024, 11:08 AM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

What would you do?

Started by Towelie, Aug 03, 2014, 12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

A simple question: If you were the Owner / an owner of SFT, what would you do differently?
Whether it's a simple action (hosting a server, unbanning a player) or an altering action (remove a server).
Let us know!

Now is your chance to tell us how, in your opinion, we should do things. Have a plugin that you would want to see added? Or maybe something else? Let us know.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

ChoctheMilkman

I would unban Miricx, he is a great and hilarious person. He has been here for a long time and contributed to the server in MANY ways, weather its SFT radio of his role as Youtuber. He isn't banned on the forums? so why should he be banned in game :)

Bunterdude

I would try to understand how you work SFT so good and then copy it, after that I would promote happysheep to Jmod on SFT survival

Brightpkz

I would remove servers which are extremely unpopular and devote the current investments into them into a server that needs it more and can bring donations in.

I would add statues or memorials of parts of the history of SFT... To me, SFT's past is always fascinating, the fact that it's a hidden/unknown part of SFT is quite a bummer. I really liked that when I was a guest and I saw that monument of 2012 when SFT was griefed. I liked the history being there. I like knowing why things are here. Why we have certain rules, I like feeling included.

I would definitely change the spawn point back, as the one now brings players further away from the FAQs and shops which isn't too awesome due to the huge size brickport is.. I really like where the old spawn point was because it had everything a guest needed to start with. It had shops, it had detailed guides, cool builds... These are all factors that I myself deeply believe are a key building block to a guest's foundation to playing SFT. Since the move of spawn, more guests have been asking for shops, asking about the rules, and some... Not even knowing the rules.

One thing I feel that SFT has been doing/maintaining greatly is the distance between players/staff/owners. I feel less distanced from the community and that is something I find to be VERY rare in servers. I find this quality of this server to be "attractive" and it was why I stayed on SFT.

I personally think that SFT's future is going to be big, and one day, all the hard-work everyone pays for will be paid off. One day, there will be some redemption.

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

Happysheep102

Quote from: Bunterdude on Aug 03, 2014, 01:17 PM
I would try to understand how you work SFT so good and then copy it, after that I would promote happysheep to Jmod on SFT survival

That's just made my day  ;)
--------
I'd make factions better in any way that i can, make it more popular, find new plugins, get more active staff!

emm10

If I was owner first off:
Quote from: Choc_Milks22 on Aug 03, 2014, 12:36 PM
I would unban Miricx, he is a great and hilarious person. He has been here for a long time and contributed to the server in MANY ways, weather its SFT radio of his role as Youtuber. He isn't banned on the forums? so why should he be banned in game :)
And then also... I don't know, I guess I would finally start working on that mod pack I've been thinking I would. I would make it more of a rpg server filled with quests, npcs, and special weapons. I've seen an old server like it that was completely mod-less, just filled with plugins. I think it would be a good idea, but it would be better if it was modded instead of a bunch of plugins, because Devs are busy with more important stuff then making plugins for another server.

MobileHome18

If I were owner, I would add some more ranks. Though whenever that comes up everyone goes no buy After all the elites become Tycoon, then what? There should be a cooler rank that costs maybe 15-20million. and you have to have at least 1 year to be able to get it. Its in between Legend and Tycoon. It would give Tycoons something else to work for. 

SFT_Beast

Aug 03, 2014, 02:13 PM #7 Last Edit: Aug 03, 2014, 02:17 PM by SFT_Beast
Personally in my idea if I was an owner of SFT I would change a few things.

My main concern would be on the banning/unbanning policy, especially regarding rudeness/insults to other players. I suggest that the unban shall be decided by the people involved in what has happened plus the included staff member for the ban.

Another thing, some of the staff. Recently I have seen an increase of staff members since 2 years ago since I joined SFT, and lately I have seen a lot of them either being AFK, not doing their duties, or even logging on to fulfill the requirements that they have made to become a staff member. My suggestion would be to decrease time for inactivity due to the large number of staff to probably around 1 Week, or probably even restart a program for potential staff members to be trained under experienced staff that are highly qualified for the position that they are currently in like a intern position. Plus another thing that I just realized is that during the deadzone it is extremely boring and there is no help available whatsoever. I see it everyday where people want events to be hosted but there are no hosts available so other players and including my self have hosted events with the small amount of people just to keep them occupied on the server. I would honestly dedicate a team to working during the deadzone hours due to the lack of staff, my suggestion for this team would be at least 1 Manager, 2 Mods, 2 Jmods, and 1 EventHost.

Another thing I would most DEFINITELY love to see is a Museum dedicated to the Life of SFT. SFT is a big community, it has had monumental moments that have greatly impacted it, those moments deserve a place for everybody to know about SFT History and what makes this community special about it. SFT will never tear down regardless in my opinion, it may be something that people call a waste of time and money but in reality this makes memories not just for the Owners, but for the people that play on this sever.

I'd love to expand this list but I have a feeling that I've said quite enough :D
-SFT_Beast

cloberrie

If i were the owner, There would be a few things that i would consider, as follows:

.I would include more player ranks that are more difficult to achieve, and by this, i don't mean up time or donation based ranks, so for example, the rank "architect" isn't easily achievable, so maybe if we expanded on that rank and add in more such as "Advanced architect" so that players like that would be able to work towards a promotion.

.I also believe that architecture is important, make sure all public areas are functional yet still beautiful, so for example we could hold more competitions where the players design something that could be used in one of the spawns or in the lobby of SFT.

.I also considered the idea of a mini-game server, with games such as Spleef, PVP etc. Similar to world 3, but on a much larger scale, where you can collect points for winning events and having a shop etc. I have also thought that adding a "hunger games" style server/mini-game would be good for the server too, as i often hear many people asking if there is one available.

Thank you for the opportunity to share my opinions, i hope you take them into consideration :)

Adam_Sawg

Aug 03, 2014, 02:50 PM #9 Last Edit: Aug 03, 2014, 02:58 PM by Adam_Sawg
I would:

1)remove all the sft non-minecraft servers so people can play SFT survival/factions/pixelmon more

2) add a minigame plugin for people want to try out new games so people wont be bored of playing  /ma j and /dm j all the time -_-

3) change he rewards for /ma j and /dm j (a little better, and no cookie rewards for /ma j

Post Merge: Aug 03, 2014, 02:58 PM

Quote from: cloberrie on Aug 03, 2014, 02:41 PM
If i were the owner, There would be a few things that i would consider, as follows:

.I would include more player ranks that are more difficult to achieve, and by this, i don't mean up time or donation based ranks, so for example, the rank "architect" isn't easily achievable, so maybe if we expanded on that rank and add in more such as "Advanced architect" so that players like that would be able to work towards a promotion.

.I also believe that architecture is important, make sure all public areas are functional yet still beautiful, so for example we could hold more competitions where the players design something that could be used in one of the spawns or in the lobby of SFT.

.I also considered the idea of a mini-game server, with games such as Spleef, PVP etc. Similar to world 3, but on a much larger scale, where you can collect points for winning events and having a shop etc. I have also thought that adding a "hunger games" style server/mini-game would be good for the server too, as i often hear many people asking if there is one available.

Thank you for the opportunity to share my opinions, i hope you take them into consideration :)

i agree xD, but i got a question for you...  :cow:

1) what is the rewards for wining a game in mini game server?  :gold:

2) whos will build the mini game server spawn/arenas if all the builders are buysy building the 1.8 spawn?!

tylerinator

I would add the plugin for whenever you break one part of the tree with an axe everything else breaks above and it take away that amount of durability from your axe

katoon123

Aug 03, 2014, 03:27 PM #11 Last Edit: Aug 03, 2014, 10:47 PM by katoon123
Change this:

to this (Smaller font):

but only show the top 3 server the player has most uptime in the week or show all

Darren64_NY

Quote from: tylerinator on Aug 03, 2014, 03:19 PM
I would add the plugin for whenever you break one part of the tree with an axe everything else breaks above and it take away that amount of durability from your axe

Perfect. xd

Long Goner

I would add a plugin so people could "protect" animals from CLAG/being killed by another player, maybe 5-6 of each animal/player, but only protect cows, chickens pigs and sheep. My guess is to add something to the /kit farm that when you right-click the animal it protects it for you. The animals will all despawn within 2 days of inactivity.

Jyncs

For everyone who keeps saying remove non-minecraft servers think about this. Some of us have been around for nearly 4 years now and are pretty much bored with minecraft.

So in order to keep those of us around(and others who become bored with playing minecraft) we need other servers to keep us engaged in the community. In order to create a gaming community that will stick around you need more than one game server to keep going and keep players coming back.

Sometimes new servers fail, sometimes they last for a while. You don't know unless you take a chance.

Chill2000

Quote from: Long Goner on Aug 03, 2014, 04:05 PM
I would add a plugin so people could "protect" animals from CLAG/being killed by another player, maybe 5-6 of each animal/player, but only protect cows, chickens pigs and sheep. My guess is to add something to the /kit farm that when you right-click the animal it protects it for you. The animals will all despawn within 2 days of inactivity.
Problem with this is entities such as animals create a huge amount of lag.
Quote from: xavidram on Dec 22, 2013, 09:37 AMThe internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.

Brightpkz

Aug 03, 2014, 04:36 PM #16 Last Edit: Aug 04, 2014, 04:24 AM by Brightpkz

Quote from: Long Goner on Aug 03, 2014, 04:05 PM

CLag should not be killing animals, and if you want to protect animals, why can't you build an enclosed structure for them?

If clag does kill animals, Towelie has stated to contact him.

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

FinalTest

If I was owner, I would try to create a mod pack for people that like tech mods (Thermal Expansion, Galactic Craft, etc.) and magic mods (Witchery, Thaumcraft, etc.). It would have some key mods that Attack of The B-Team does not (Applied Intergistics and Thaumcraft for example). If the mod pack idea failed, I would try to make tekkit classic popular again and get more people to play Attack of the B-Team. After dealing with the modded minecraft servers I would try to get new plugins for survival to incorporate new aspects (new mini-games and stuff). Also, more events, things like huge PvE tournaments and PvP "wars" (kind of like team death match).

The Lovin Spoon

i would give spen full control of sft

cloberrie

Quote from: Adam_Sawg on Aug 03, 2014, 02:50 PM
I would:

1)remove all the sft non-minecraft servers so people can play SFT survival/factions/pixelmon more

2) add a minigame plugin for people want to try out new games so people wont be bored of playing  /ma j and /dm j all the time -_-

3) change he rewards for /ma j and /dm j (a little better, and no cookie rewards for /ma j

Post Merge: Aug 03, 2014, 02:58 PM

Quote from: cloberrie on Aug 03, 2014, 02:41 PM

i agree xD, but i got a question for you...  :cow:

1) what is the rewards for wining a game in mini game server?  :gold:

2) whos will build the mini game server spawn/arenas if all the builders are buysy building the 1.8 spawn?!

Well for the answers to your question:

1) I was thinking, if everytime you won an event or placed 2nd, 3rd etc. You earnt a certain amount of points, there could then be a shop, similar to the vote shop, where prizes can be exchanged for the "points" the prizes could range from ranks to things that might help you in a mini-game, like a "powerup" almost.

2) As i stated in my previous paragraph, if more people recieve the architect rank, than there will be enough people to help build it, also if not, it could always be put on hold until other projects are completed.   :pig:

Chris7500

Quote from: Brightpkz on Aug 03, 2014, 04:36 PM
CLag should not be killing animals, and if you want to protect animals, why can't you build an enclosed structure for them?

If clag does kill animals, Towelie has stated to contact him.
Wait is this a recent change? Previously Towelie has stated that this is just a necessary side effect of reducing lag, and that it won't change (I believe we tried it and it caused too much lag)...

For changes I would enact:
I would say reduce staff uptime requirements, but lower tolerance for unexcused inactivity. It would allow more people to be staff, and would reduce the incentive for staff to uptime boost or just get on for uptime and not to help players.

Although I'm aware you don't want to lower it again, nearly an hour and a half every day is a lot to ask, especially of more mature staff who are more likely to have work and other things they need or want to do.

kwstoudt

I would trade the Deadbolt plugin for LWC. In my opinion, that is a much better plugin because A: it gets rid of those ugly signs, B: it has a simpler, command-only interface, and C: you can add as many people as you want to your protections, create a password lock, public protection, donation, and more.

Dday694

Quote from: katoon123 on Aug 03, 2014, 03:27 PM
Change this:

to this (Smaller font):

but only show the top 3 server the player has most uptime in the week

I AGREE WITH THIS

kwstoudt

I would also upgrade the amount of ram on the pixelmon server so it has less lag...

killpaddy47

Update the jmod/staff system its outdated and i really don't like it, i find it degrades the player (getting someone to '''''promise''''' not to break rules, on the internet. What am I like 7 years old, most people who play are old enough to lie through a computer.

I would go into more detail about improvements be probably shouldn't (super serial staff shit fur realz)
Generally make it more automated.

Also NO MORE FOREVER BANS! (except for retards/advertisers obviously) alot of potential players get perma-banned for small things then never attempt to come back because its a permanent ban, then their friends leave aswell. Id say like 2week max bans.

When I first joined I griefed spawn (i was noob) and I remember Joe3 (i think) checking out my house and saying he liked it so only banned me for 1 hour. If it wasn't for him I probably would have never come back/stayed with SFT and you all wouldn't have been able to bask in my rays of greatness as i would have fucked off to another server.
He also clearly explained what he was banning me for and seemed like a good guy rather than just banning me mid sentence.

(obviously just because someone is good at the game doesn't mean you are more lenient on bans, it was my example)

Also maybe some more community based shit on the forums (not games n stuff) stuff like picture/quote of the day on front page for a price, or just the best. Just something i think would be funny.