Apr 28, 2024, 07:05 AM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

A personal appeal from Towelie

Started by Towelie, Aug 09, 2014, 09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Hey guys, I'd just like to make an appeal to you guys and to ask you to help us in an hour of need.
I'll jump straight to the point:

- We are currently seing a slight improvement in the number of votes that we are getting but it is still on a downwards trend (less votes) compared to ~6 months ago. We can't afford to let this happen because votes are what keep us going and we need to get back at least in the first page for visibility. Please vote! Please vote daily on all the voting sites. For you it's a gesture that takes a few seconds, and sure it's human to be lazy but please, if you care about SFT even the slightest bit, take those few seconds of your time each day to vote for us! Vote daily!.

- We are seing a drastic decrease in donations in the last ~week. This is worrying but still not catastrophical. I'd just like to enquire why people aren't donating and wondering if it's something we can fix or simply other reasons that are not within our control.

NOTE: SFT is not about to die. We don't worry about the present, we worry about the future. We've always had a "money buffer" that would allow us to continue for a few months even if donations stopped coming during that time.

Some Information you may like:

- Survival Server isn't doing too bad. Can't say we're too "overcrowded" but we've got just the right amount of players in my opinion. So the number of players is not so much of an issue at the moment. Probably this is going to become an issue when summer vacation is over.
- Pixelmon Server is doing great player-wise. ever since the update (and being the 1st server to update), we've had a lot of new players coming each day, even more than survival. Players aren't the problem here for the moment. Dpa is doing an awesome job at running the Pixelmon Server and he deserves our support and admiration for constantly pulling all-nighters and missing a lot of sleep over updates and other problems.
- Our Unturned server is going great, with players online at almost all times. We just need some way of managing the server (admin commands, etc)
- Website traffic is going good.

Hope you enjoyed this informative post and hope you will take note of my message.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

ChoctheMilkman

I must say the introduction of New and better Prizes such as Crates and more money is a definite positive to voting, it makes me want to vote and not just have too.

Cexzo

Regarding to Pixelmon (The server I only play)

I've made a suggestion thread about voting, which you can find here; http://www.superfuntime.org/forum/sft-pixelmon-suggestions/voting-rewards/msg475191/#msg475191

Basically in that thread, what I'm trying to say is that it'd be nicer to have a frequency of a more broader range of prizes when voting.

burgermis

Quote from: Cexzo on Aug 09, 2014, 10:50 AM
Regarding to Pixelmon (The server I only play)

I've made a suggestion thread about voting, which you can find here; http://www.superfuntime.org/forum/sft-pixelmon-suggestions/voting-rewards/msg475191/#msg475191

Basically in that thread, what I'm trying to say is that it'd be nicer to have a frequency of a more broader range of prizes when voting.
I definitely think it would be a good idea to invest some time on new voting prizes on the pixelmon server, as that server has gotten a lot more popular than the survival server.

SFT_Beast

If any help is needed during the school season, Ill be available due to my current position in my IB workload. I just have to finish a few more hours of CAS (Ive been using SFT as an excuse for it also), my EE, and my 5 HL Exams. It won't be a big load to carry on my shoulder as I only have to take 5 classes instead of my usual 9.

ChoctheMilkman

Quote from: SFT_Beast on Aug 09, 2014, 02:13 PM
If any help is needed during the school season, Ill be available due to my current position in my IB workload. I just have to finish a few more hours of CAS (Ive been using SFT as an excuse for it also), my EE, and my 5 HL Exams. It won't be a big load to carry on my shoulder as I only have to take 5 classes instead of my usual 9.

I believe he meant lack of Players not Staff. If thats what you're saying you would help with.

King_Craftius

Voting on attack of the b team needs to be made better, when ever you vote you only get 1 wool of bat, nothing else.
It needs to be made so you can get some money, and random items instead go the same item and 0 emp.

tylerinator

- We are seing a drastic decrease in donations in the last ~week. This is worrying but still not catastrophical. I'd just like to enquire why people aren't donating and wondering if it's something we can fix or simply other reasons that are not within our control.
I think this is because EULA taking out some of the good items and people don't realize that that stuff hasent been taken down yet

MrEpicWonder

Remember, we are only 10 days into august. On my half anyhow. We've got a fair few people in 10 days.
Quote from: Towelie on Dec 16, 2015, 09:12 AMI'd still like to see the nativity scene re-enacted in minecraft while I eat popcorn and mock Christians
Quote from: Towelie on Jan 17, 2016, 08:45 AMSending me any inappropriate pictures will cause you to get banned (unless you are a female and 18+)

MarisaKirisame

I'm glad Unturned is becoming popular, some staff/rules would be nice on it.

Anyways, i'll try to remember to vote daily.

Towelie

Quote from: MarisaKirisamex3 on Aug 10, 2014, 01:08 AM

Problem is there are no commands/plugins to it.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

HiScore2

Well, for donations, that's easy- Eula

But, if for /vote Vote tokens were a bit more common, that would be awesome.  I feel like it's waay too rare.  I've voted around 20-30 times in the past 10 days (Probably more) and I've only got 1 vote token.  If they were more popular I would be voting everyday on every website possible (With a passion, I still am voting everyday, but I feel like if they were more common I'd vote everytime I get the chance and never forget, as sometimes I do, and I bet others do too)

Oh, and, I just made a suggestion, which I think would raise votes very much, as mindcrack is hard anyways, getting a boost is awesome!

http://www.superfuntime.org/forum/minecraft-discussions/mindcrack-style-server/

I feel like this would make the server way more popular and people would be eager to get enough time onto the server to get on the Mindcrack style one!

Just my thought, if I didn't know what sft was and happened to see it on the server list and saw Mindcrack style server, I'd be in... after all I have no life... 500 hours is like... ah.

Towelie

I don't like FTB servers due to the poor quality of most of the modpacks. They crash a lot, they aren't tested properly and they almost always conflict.
I don't think we should add another server right now we are busy enough with the currebnt ones.

Green_Giant

Quote from: Towelie on Aug 10, 2014, 07:17 AM

It's kind of odd. When I loaded up my single player, and pressed "P" - Not only was there a list of current players (Just me because it's single player) but also a list of Banned players. This is either in preparation for an upcoming feature or it means there is a ban system in the game/

Cesspitsid

Good to hear the votes are picking up :D

I've sadly missed 1 vote this month, and that was near the start, if I keep on as I am now though, I literally can't vote any more than I am doing now.

BattleAxium

Actually there are plugins/commands for Unturned out there. If you want I can show you how to install them via Skype or Teamviewer. Unturned is powered by Unity so most plugins are coded in C# or Javascript.

Towelie

Quote from: BattleAxium on Aug 10, 2014, 01:29 PM

Actually there are plugins/commands for Unturned out there. If you want I can show you how to install them via Skype or Teamviewer. Unturned is powered by Unity so most plugins are coded in C# or Javascript.
Sure! Didn't know they exist. Can you send me a link ?

Long Goner

HiScore - Vote tokens are actually alot more common than they used to be. Since 1.7 came out, I got 150 vote tokens with the old vote system, but since it was buffed to have more vote tokens I've already gotten another 60 so far. (On my own)

I agree with Burgermis and Craftius, Pixelmon has become more popular player-wise than even survival, and B-Team frequents another 10-20 players on at a time. If you add maybe voting tiers to the vote rewards on those servers people on those servers would be much more excited to vote for SFT and the community would become alot more popular.