May 03, 2024, 11:58 AM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

[Internet] iWave; iOS8/iPhone 6 Hoax

Started by The Lovin Spoon, Sep 24, 2014, 07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lovin Spoon

Consider this a public service announcement for possibly gullible iPhone 6 owners: The microwave is for heating leftovers and popcorn, NOT FOR CHARGING YOUR PHONE.

A phony ad circulating on the Internet has fooled some iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus owners into believing they can quickly charge their phones by putting them in a microwave oven. It has led to some broken-hearted iPhone owners with cooked devices.
Boston.com reports the fake ad is being attributed to "pranksters associated with the notorious message board site 4chan.org". The ad touts the "Apple Wave," a supposed feature on the new iPhone that allows users to recharge it in a microwave.
Authorities warn that microwaving the phone will not only ruin the device, it could cause a fire or explosion, according to the Los Angeles Times.
Mashable.com says this isn't the first time fake ads associated with the iPhone have circulated on the Internet. Last year, 4Chan.org tried to convince iPhone users that a new operating system made the phone waterproof.

emm10

You have to be kidding me. How would anyone believe that microwaving their iPhone will charge its battery?

BluetigerESW

I enjoy the act of xD-ing, like if you agree

Towelie

Whoever is that big of a moron deserves to have their iphone destroyed.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Tombo_

Quote from: Towelie on Sep 24, 2014, 08:37 PM
Whoever is that big of a moron deserves to have their iphone destroyed.

It will be melted if they try it anyway ;)

Eternal_Jamie

And now they are bending in pockets haha, seems they didn't need to trick folk into breaking their phone using it will do the same.

onionboys

Quote from: Eternal_Jamie on Sep 24, 2014, 09:05 PM
And now they are bending in pockets haha, seems they didn't need to trick folk into breaking their phone using it will do the same.
That's what happens to all phones. If your stupid enough to put your phone in your pocket without a case you deserve it to break. This happened to iPhone 5 too

Sent from TapaSwag

Eternal_Jamie

Sep 25, 2014, 09:40 AM #7 Last Edit: Sep 25, 2014, 10:10 AM by Eternal_Jamie
Quote from: onionboyzz on Sep 25, 2014, 06:53 AM
Quote from: Eternal_Jamie on Sep 24, 2014, 09:05 PM
That's what happens to all phones. If your stupid enough to put your phone in your pocket without a case you deserve it to break. This happened to iPhone 5 too

Sent from TapaSwag
I would call bullshit on your statement about all phones bending. As would my phone, has been in pocket for a few years -> still  straight as the day I got it (no case).
http://cdn.itproportal.com/photos/samsung-tocco-lite-2-white-front-side-rear_original.jpg

TheGoldenKibby

I see how this can be confusing. Apple has done some amazing things and if I didn't know it was fake, I probably to some extent would have believed it. Just because someone is gullible doesn't mean they are idiots.

Fact: idiots was a term used in Ancient Greece to define someone who didn't vote.

R1mP3x

Actually 'Bend' is an Apple creation designed for iPhone 6+

Jokes