[Survival] Slimefun

Started by Towelie, Sep 28, 2014, 12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Slimefun was added to Survival.
What is Slimefun? It's a plugin that replicates all the cool gadgets/weapons/machinery of Tekkit/FTB modpacks, but on Survival/Vanilla.
You will get a "Slimefun Guide" when you join which shows you how to obtain the items and how to craft them. NOTE that while some need to be crafted, others need to be put on the ground as they show (a crafting recipe with items only on the last row represents a craft that needs to be constructed on the ground.

WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ISSUES THAT MAY ARISE FROM THE USE OF THIS PLUGIN. THE PLUGIN IS CURRENTLY BEING TESTED AND CAN BE REMOVED WITHOUT ANY NOTIFICATION IF WE FIND ANY SERIOUS BUGS/PROBLEMS WITH IT. YOU ARE USING THIS PLUGIN AT YOUR OWN RISK

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

diggydogck

This looks amazing! I'm very excited to try them out; thanks Tow ;)

cloberrie

Tried it out, it's pretty amazing! Thanks tow :)

MasterX70

Seems quite interesting. Thanks Tow. : )

emm10

Currently, only staff can use this mod. You need to be able to place the dispensers yourselves, or else you can't use the machines. And since dispensers are limited to Jmods+, only jmods+ can use the basic machines.

Now it's Veteran+, but Since I'm a member I can't really do anything with the plugin. I was sorta looking forward to this.

Adam_Sawg

i cant do anything in the slimeguide! someone help?

Towelie

Quote from: Adam_Sawg on Sep 28, 2014, 03:49 PM
Slimeguide is just a guide. It teaches you how to do stuff.
Before doing it, you need to research stuff. See the video.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Adam_Sawg

Quote from: Towelie on Sep 28, 2014, 03:51 PM

i ment is that i placed 2 bookshelves and 1 workbench in the center,  like in the vid, but it wont give me the same crafting as in the vid

Towelie

Quote from: Adam_Sawg on Sep 28, 2014, 04:36 PM
Quote from: Towelie on Sep 28, 2014, 03:51 PM

i ment is that i placed 2 bookshelves and 1 workbench in the center,  like in the vid, but it wont give me the same crafting as in the vid
Keep trying, ask help from players, etc.
The orientation of the blocks matters too. Ask rugerm  or Lans for help since they seem to know everything xD

Towelie

Plugin was updated fixing some recipes (author didn't clarify which)

Tombo_

I too Have tried this new addition and I have to say it's absolutely magnificent.
Great fun, very popular and overall just great. :D

emm10

I got it working for me, and it's amazing. I think that this will actually make me want to start playing survival.

maxwolf28

hey guys, how do i get a gold pan?

leftcut

Well Slimefun sucks now with gold pan disabled... we need this item to collected other items for SLimeFun.  Please re enable this.

xQuicScopex

i think we need to remove the sftmmo goldpan and just replace it with the one from slimefun goldpanning isnt allowed in the first place to an extent so why keep it when we can have an alternative in its place? and tow why were some of the items like the multitool disabled? it only compacts the portable utilities into one item and i beleive there was a talisman too that combined the 3 permanent talismans together

Towelie

Quote from: xQuicScopex on Sep 29, 2014, 01:13 PM
i think we need to remove the sftmmo goldpan and just replace it with the one from slimefun goldpanning isnt allowed in the first place to an extent so why keep it when we can have an alternative in its place? and tow why were some of the items like the multitool disabled? it only compacts the portable utilities into one item and i beleive there was a talisman too that combined the 3 permanent talismans together
Actually I removed the slimefun gold pan.
Some items were disabled because they were too OP or in the multitool's case = not working.

Towelie

NOTE: You are not allowed to sell slimefun items, you are allowed to allow players to use your slimefun machiens

Guy12

Is there a list somewhere with the enabled recipes?

xQuicScopex

the book will show all allowed items but most of the technical items are disabled and i didnt know you couldnt sell them tow i did /ml lastnight and saw some items for sale

Brightpkz

Some items were extremely hard to craft, example the dracula weapon with the lifesteal... It requires two wither skulls, which isn't practical for a player to obtain. Can you maybe fix the craft guide? As it's really only a gold sword, it's easily broken unless you repair it frequently, which costs gold ingots

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

xQuicScopex

when i used slimefun earlier (small server i use to play around with plugins not public) that sword was made to be used with the talisman of the anvil which makes it never break and youre supposed to use the beheading sword to get the skulls

Cesspitsid

So far 0 bugs found, when I first tried it out I was thinking "this may be a little too much and not very good" but that soon changed, I've managed to max out everything with a little help from a couple of chests of xp bottles xD
I love it, it's so fun making all the machines and trying out crafting, my favourite thing is the grapple hook, it's so awesome.
I love this and would hate to see it go, it's a great addition to the server and might very well help make the server more popular.

Brightpkz

Quote from: xQuicScopex on Sep 29, 2014, 03:23 PM
when i used slimefun earlier (small server i use to play around with plugins not public) that sword was made to be used with the talisman of the anvil which makes it never break and youre supposed to use the beheading sword to get the skulls

You can't find the wither skelly mobs and I am pretty sure the sword got banned after finding out that it could potentially wreck the economy

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

xQuicScopex

Quote from: Brightpkz on Sep 29, 2014, 04:01 PM
Quote from: xQuicScopex on Sep 29, 2014, 03:23 PM

You can't find the wither skelly mobs and I am pretty sure the sword got banned after finding out that it could potentially wreck the economy

it did but im just saying that is the way the items were designed now that sword probably wont be used even tho there is very well a way to get it that any player can do