Followup -> WCRFI Donation Campaign

Started by Towelie, Sep 24, 2014, 12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the WCRFI subsidiaries should we donate to?

UK
16 (36.4%)
Netherlands
6 (13.6%)
USA
19 (43.2%)
Hong Kong
3 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: Sep 26, 2014, 12:57 PM

Towelie

This is embarassing but I forgot about this until now. A while back we raised some money for WCRFI (World Cancer Research Fund International). Turns out though that we can't donate to them but one of their subsidiaries:

- WCRFI UK
- WCRFI Netherlands
- American Institude for Cancer Research
- World Cancer Research Fund Hong Kong

Please vote which of these subsidiaries we should donate for.
Total money raised: 131.31 EUR

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Brightpkz

I really wanted to but I ended up short on cash. I am really sorry but wish good luck on all cancer patients and sincerely hope that this little effort could provide them at least a smile on their face. I hope that they could all be cured one day and sincerely wish all the best on them. I cannot feel less sorry for my actions of selfishness.

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

Adam_Sawg

1) i cant vote for USA, we should help USA

2) i only have 0.99$... that wont help

krankenstein20

plz plz plz plz plz correct me if i am wrong but isnt there a cure for cancer that works on most kinds

Eternal_Jamie

Quote from: krankenstein20 on Sep 24, 2014, 04:22 PM
plz plz plz plz plz correct me if i am wrong but isnt there a cure for cancer that works on most kinds
Depends what you believe but no there is no widely accepted medical "cure" for cancer, money like this goes towards improving treatments, developing possible cures etc.

happypinecones

Quote from: krankenstein20 on Sep 24, 2014, 04:22 PM
There is no real "cure" for cancer. There are ways to prevent it and to minimalise it if you get it. Most times they just need to remove your "corrupted" cancer cells and give you treatment to stop it growing. If it has either a. got to big or b. in a place where it is impossible to remove you are in trouble. They are trying to make a breakthrough, but haven't got there yet.

Brightpkz

Sep 24, 2014, 04:28 PM #6 Last Edit: Sep 24, 2014, 04:34 PM by Brightpkz
Dependent on what you call cure... If you take chemotherapy as a cure then yea, we have a cure for most cancers. Except... A problem with chemotherapy is that after the process finishes, the cancer cells originally do die out, but the healthy ones before become cancer cells and it just continues. This is why people say there is no "long-term" cure for cancer. Chemotherapy sometimes could also put the patient into more pain or make them die even quicker so you should consider the factors if one day you have to do this decision between curing/not for anyone. One last thing, chemotherapy requires long-term surveillance, after a couple of months between each process, the patient has to visit their doctor again to have a regular check-up.

This is why cancer is so scary.

This is a very useful video I found for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1xLMxIEjKw

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

krankenstein20

thx for clarifying that jamie

i woukd give some mucho djanaro but im 12 i probably spelt that wrong and i dont have a card

lioneatszebra

Cancer is something close to my heart. Therefore I voted USA, even though I donate monthly to Susan G Komen foundation.
brb, living offline

rileyblockman

I think you should do usa i feel pretty sad knowing how people have died from that on average around 569k   :'(

8d2

I say that an easy way to prevent cancer is to cut down on smoking and bad eating habits.

emm10

Quote from: 8d2 on Oct 06, 2014, 01:12 AM
I say that an easy way to prevent cancer is to cut down on smoking and bad eating habits.
Another way to get cancer is by breathing. So everyone should probably stop breathing if they don't want to get cancer.