Jun 05, 2024, 05:40 AM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

[Great News] Spigot 1.8 is Coming Soon

Started by Towelie, Oct 19, 2014, 10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

The Spigot team just announced that they are working on a 1.8 update, which means that Soon we will be able to have Survival updated to 1.8.
This puts a much needed certainty in the future of Minecraft and SFT in particular. I would like to thank the heroes of Spigot (and especially md_5) for their very hard work and for succeeding despite their legal burdens and other issues.

Their estimated release for Spigot 1.8 is November-Early December. This is amazing, seing as they are reinventing the bulb here (they don't have Bukkit to depend on so they have to do all the work: deobfuscate classes, fix some bugs and prepare for the biggest Minecraft update).

I am thrilled about this and it has given me new hope for Minecraft and the Minecraft Community.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Towelie

PS: This means that Survival will eb updated to 1.8 by early-December if everythign goes great! We can do it guys, another couple of months xD

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Cr1_98

Will World 2 be reset when this come out? :)

Towelie

Quote from: Cr1stal12131213 on Oct 19, 2014, 11:01 AM
To be determined, if it is, there will be at least 1 month notice.

Cr1_98

Quote from: Towelie on Oct 19, 2014, 11:02 AM

Great! :D

N1ux_

supergomguy

SkullzCrew

Adam_Sawg

This is great news! people are waiting and now its here! thx for the info tow

Brightpkz

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

maxwolf28

please, no reset!

Barbacue2

8d2

Quote from: maxwolf28 on Oct 19, 2014, 02:39 PM
please, no reset!
World 4 maybe?

TheGoldenKibby

Dammit. Now my shaders and fly will be fucked up.

xQuicScopex

if a reset my town....how would that work out?

ryan_m004

please don't reset, I have my famous grinder
Quote from: MrEpicWonder on Dec 25, 2014, 09:21 PMi have such a good memory, an apple, an orange and a tennis ball thrown at my dick.

nyllekFTW

Quote from: ryan_m004 on Oct 20, 2014, 05:39 AM
Unless you don't want 1.8 items appearing in the world itself, there will be a reset.

Brightpkz

Stop spreading things that aren't true. A reset isn't confirmed yet and resets normally allow ENOUGH time to move. Just stop the speculations, it gets annoying, how could you simply just assure someone what even Towelie is determining? The reset is not happening without a word, Towelie said to-be-determined, so just stop creating rumours.

Towelie

Quote from: nyllekFTW on Oct 20, 2014, 05:44 AM
Unless you don't want 1.8 items appearing in the world itself, there will be a reset.
I didn't say anything about a reset. I said if there will be a reset (which we're not sure of yet), there will be at least 1 month warning and we might allow each player to get a building moved from W2 to W1 if we do that.

onionboys

You are the most selfish person I've ever seen. You would rather keep a popular grinder you probaly got off YouTube, instead of getting to have a new world of 1.8 with the new blocks? Sigh....

Sent from TapaSwag

ryan_m004

Quote from: onionboyzz on Oct 20, 2014, 06:09 AM
You are the most selfish person I've ever seen. You would rather keep a popular grinder you probaly got off YouTube, instead of getting to have a new world of 1.8 with the new blocks? Sigh....

Sent from TapaSwag
ROOD :P
Pangea made that for me thankyou
Quote from: MrEpicWonder on Dec 25, 2014, 09:21 PMi have such a good memory, an apple, an orange and a tennis ball thrown at my dick.

xQuicScopex

Brightpkz

Quote from: xQuicScopex on Oct 20, 2014, 01:14 PM
how would people with a town work?

Work with what? Spigot doesn't affect towns, if you mean resets, as said, they were not confirmed, stop creating speculations.

xQuicScopex

no i mean like for the future because i know a reset will eventually have to happen theres no way around that so i was just wondering how a town could be moved or if thats even possible

Brightpkz

Quote from: xQuicScopex on Oct 20, 2014, 02:46 PM
no i mean like for the future because i know a reset will eventually have to happen theres no way around that so i was just wondering how a town could be moved or if thats even possible

The last moving of build only allowed houses/grinders (I believe there was a limit on block but I'm not entirely sure of what the limit was.)

Towns normally just go... And new ones get built.