Apr 28, 2024, 02:02 AM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

Website has been moved

Started by Towelie, Oct 26, 2014, 10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

The website has been moved to the new host, in France.
If you notice any broken pages or any broken in-game functions (such as /pstats and so on), please let us know!

Noticed an improvement in load times? We'd love to hear about it!

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Dogggeh

Awesome!,

/pstats seems to load almost at double the speed it used to, but i haven't noticed any difference with performance on the website.

Green_Giant

Website is a lot quicker, this thread loaded up very quickly for me, and also the 'post reply' page was fast aswell. Great job with the move Fear!

darknuju

The website is much faster almost instantly loads for me :)

cloberrie

The website is alot quicker for me ;) Great job!

Toffenut

Website is much better obviously cause France is amazing :3
Vive la France!!

Adam_Sawg

The website is loading faster! ?nice!

mordalthunder

lawl_o_lawl122

I cant even load the mudpack anymore :( doesn't anyone care about the local neighborhood lawl?

Towelie

Quote from: lawl_o_lawl122 on Oct 26, 2014, 02:41 PM
I cant even load the mudpack anymore :( doesn't anyone care about the local neighborhood lawl?
Huh?

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Eternal_Jamie

Oct 26, 2014, 03:03 PM #10 Last Edit: Oct 26, 2014, 03:22 PM by Eternal_Jamie
Not noticed much difference when using a good wifi connection but on mobile with not so good wifi it seems to be loading faster :D

ddude_stnom

Defiantly faster for all the aspects I have tried. Good work!

Hopefully French connections live up to what they are meant to be.

zomcri

Major problem with tekkit if it has anything to do with it

MyToesAreBlue

/pstats crashes tekkit, yeah.

Tombo_

It seems to be all good for pixelmon :D

Towelie

Quote from: MyToesAreBlue on Oct 26, 2014, 06:40 PM
/pstats crashes tekkit, yeah.
I'll let fear know when I get home

Posted using Tapatalk

BluetigerESW

i'm back to my previous problem of not being able to see any posts and just seeing this :/

I enjoy the act of xD-ing, like if you agree

Eternal_Jamie

Quote from: BluetigerESW on Oct 26, 2014, 08:37 PM
i'm back to my previous problem of not being able to see any posts and just seeing this :/

Can't tell much cause of the tiny pic, but tried clearing caches, cookies and reloaded (F5)?

Jasper

I may seem nooby, but how the hell did you move the server all the way to France? Didn't it used to be hosted in Romania?

nickaz8

Eternal_Jamie

Oct 26, 2014, 10:09 PM #20 Last Edit: Oct 26, 2014, 10:16 PM by Eternal_Jamie
The simple version of how it works: data is sent from the old server at the old host to the new server at the new host. Then some fancy stuff is done and the website now runs off the new host (someone with some level of technical knowledge could give you a better explanation, just my very simple general knowledge one).

BluetigerESW

Quote from: Eternal_Jamie on Oct 26, 2014, 09:08 PM

Can't tell much cause of the tiny pic, but tried clearing caches, cookies and reloaded (F5)?
Yes I have, because as I mentioned, i've had this problem before and that was what fixed it before, but it doesn't seem to fix it now.  Also if you can't tell and it helps, this only happens on my pc and it does this for all topics but front page topics.

Post Merge: Oct 26, 2014, 10:27 PM

also, i can still view comments by clicking reply and it shows previous comments but that's still annoying to have to do.
I enjoy the act of xD-ing, like if you agree

ExconHD

Quote from: Eternal_Jamie on Oct 26, 2014, 10:09 PM
The simple version of how it works: data is sent from the old server at the old host to the new server at the new host. Then some fancy stuff is done and the website now runs off the new host (someone with some level of technical knowledge could give you a better explanation, just my very simple general knowledge one).
Sometimes simpler is better, thats a good enough explanation xd

fearthe1337

Oct 26, 2014, 11:11 PM #23 Last Edit: Oct 29, 2014, 09:27 PM by fearthe1337
Quote from: BluetigerESW on Oct 26, 2014, 10:26 PM
Quote from: Eternal_Jamie on Oct 26, 2014, 09:08 PM

Yes I have, because as I mentioned, i've had this problem before and that was what fixed it before, but it doesn't seem to fix it now.  Also if you can't tell and it helps, this only happens on my pc and it does this for all topics but front page topics.

Post Merge: Oct 26, 2014, 10:27 PM

also, i can still view comments by clicking reply and it shows previous comments but that's still annoying to have to do.

Try loading the website and pressing control+F5 (windows). Then post here if it helps anything at all or not. (I should be able to check the logs to see if anything can be found there)

Edit: I can see your browser is requesting the files fine, perhaps try re-installing chrome.
This signature is for testing purposes.
All rights to this signature are reserved.

xbeastguyx

The website loads tons faster for me now.  It is almost instant once I click a section of the website, that it loads that part.
<br />I'M BEGINNING TO FEEL LIKE A RAP SHARK