Apr 27, 2024, 05:38 AM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

[Survival] About the 1.8 update

Started by Towelie, Nov 30, 2014, 04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

This is just an update so you know what the progress is with the 1.8 update.

Currently everything is prepared and ready for an update, with just minimal damage (we are losing Pets, /fwrider and possibly BattleArena (/dm join) for now, as well as some Administrative tools (NBTEditor - the tool that allows me to make all the custom items for SteveCo crates and so on).

However, we have decided to delay the update because of WorldEdit not being updated for 1.8. We could update now, with it as it is but that would mean that any worldedit would not carry over chest inventories or text on signs. Since the Managers+ are very busy moving player builds, I have decided to leave the server on 1.7.0 until a) WorldEdit is updated to support 1.8 or b) the world2 reset. So we have a maximum date of December 21st with an estimated upgrade time of ~1 week (that's when I believe a worldedit update will be out).

Hope this clarifies.

PS: We are still struggling to find a decent world to replace the world that is about to reset. Currently we are struggling with worlds with a ratio of 70%ocean to 30% land. We are trying to find better ones, but since dynmap is not enabled, I am forced to use slower tools that take me on average, ~4-5h to generate a world and build a preview of it.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

maxwolf28

sethbling has something that can help you. ill go find it.

Eternal_Jamie

Thanks for letting us know, sure a good word will come up sooner or later.

maxwolf28

Quote from: maxwolf28 on Nov 30, 2014, 04:17 PM
sethbling has something that can help you. ill go find it.
here is the link to the map finder.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb8QYm4QnPQ

Green_Giant