Apr 29, 2024, 12:28 PM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

[Survival] For the next month, the Emporium will not buy items

Started by Towelie, Dec 12, 2014, 06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cireshie

Quote from: onionboyzz on Dec 12, 2014, 10:40 PM
Why do you complain about the inflation when you are adding Steve co crates weekly? Isn't that spawned in money just in item version
Usually when Towelie announces a new crate, he adds it to /ml for a ridiculous price sort of helping the economy.

Also, I don't know if he stills gives everyone one out when he announces them, but if he does, that doesn't help.

EDIT: Not to mention steve co. crates don't make it worse. From what I see, it just circulates the economy. Yes, it is spawned in, but it's not like you can sell it to the emp for a higher price.

katoon123

Encourage richer players to do drop party's at spawn and invite the new players.

I remember drop parties used to happen alot at spawn, hosted by players and this is how i got items to build things when i first joined.

MrEpicWonder

Quote from: onionboyzz on Dec 12, 2014, 10:40 PM
Why do you complain about the inflation when you are adding Steve co crates weekly? Isn't that spawned in money just in item version

Weekly isn't really the adding time, it's usually 2-3 weeks+, i take some of the blame for placing idea's towards new crates and whatnot, but the more the merrier ey?
Quote from: Towelie on Dec 16, 2015, 09:12 AMI'd still like to see the nativity scene re-enacted in minecraft while I eat popcorn and mock Christians
Quote from: Towelie on Jan 17, 2016, 08:45 AMSending me any inappropriate pictures will cause you to get banned (unless you are a female and 18+)

Dpa1991

I've always thought the emp shouldn't use spawned in money and use the money they make from players buying items, would be cool if that's how things worked, and as for the emp selling items it should be up to managers to mine and gather resources -- of course to make it fair we would multiply everything they gather by 5x or so, gives managers a reason to play and have fun as well keeps tabs on the items and emp brought into the game

So like
Week 1: managers gather resources(emp closed completely this week)
Week 2: count up what was gathered, multiply and put up a list on forums for stock and sell

And repeat

krankenstein20

This would just keep the managers even more busy great job dpa XD

paul_weebird

whatt? emp can buy stuff of players why would you do that towelie?  :-\

katoon123

Allow players with less that a certain amount of emp sell at the emp.

Towelie

Quote from: katoon123 on Dec 13, 2014, 09:39 AM
People would find workarounds.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

stormshooter

Quote from: Towelie on Dec 13, 2014, 10:29 AM
Quote from: katoon123 on Dec 13, 2014, 09:39 AM
People would find workarounds.
Mhm, people will use alts to sell their main account things.

krankenstein20

its 20 pound for an account not many peeps would do that for little money

stormshooter

Quote from: krankenstein20 on Dec 13, 2014, 11:57 AM
its 20 pound for an account not many peeps would do that for little money
There are tonnes of ways to get cheaper accounts. People might use siblings accounts, friends accounts, or even illegal accounts.

happypinecones

What about only Autoshop owners can sell to the emp during this month?

ChoctheMilkman

Perhaps you can review the Buy/sell prices at the Emp, if there is a severe leak maybe there is an item worth a lot to the Emporium, but easy to get?

xQuicScopex

Quote from: Dpa1991 on Dec 13, 2014, 08:38 AM
I've always thought the emp shouldn't use spawned in money and use the money they make from players buying items, would be cool if that's how things worked, and as for the emp selling items it should be up to managers to mine and gather resources -- of course to make it fair we would multiply everything they gather by 5x or so, gives managers a reason to play and have fun as well keeps tabs on the items and emp brought into the game

So like
Week 1: managers gather resources(emp closed completely this week)
Week 2: count up what was gathered, multiply and put up a list on forums for stock and sell

And repeat

i feel like this would work for awhile but maybe not forever......there is usually a large demand for some items and it might now be possible for manager+ to keep up with their already busy job so i think we should try it out and see where it goes

Eternal_Jamie

If the emp does go back to buying things after this month, at the very least a rule of how much you can sell during any session should be enforced across the board. Could people find workarounds using friends etc.? sure. But it's still better than buying 10+ inventories from one person. Just limit buying to 1/2 an inventory or something. Maybe this happens already, know a few of us did it when I was an admin.

Wavestrike

Quote from: happypinecones on Dec 13, 2014, 12:14 PM
What about only Autoshop owners can sell to the emp during this month?
That will just make them more wealthy, and will be unfair for those who do not have autoshop perms.

Anyone know how one might get around to selling 10-17 double chests full of carrots and potatoes?

BritanniaRules

My thought Onion... just like the new (give me real money and pay again in SFT) /Warp Autoshop feature... double dipping anyone?

Quote from: onionboyzz on Dec 12, 2014, 07:00 PM
This will just make the rich players more rich.