Apr 29, 2024, 10:10 AM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

[Survival] 1.8 Issues

Started by fearthe1337, Dec 02, 2014, 10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fearthe1337

Hello,

Unfortunately even though we tested a lot of stuff before updating the Survival server there were some side effects. As you are probably well aware one of them was that the [ and ]'s on chests have disappeared.
An other effect is that some 1.7 chests have disappeared after being loaded in to 1.8.
We can currently not replace them as there is obviously some issue(s) with either the chests or the items within them. We can however possibly replace them after we have found the issue causing this.

In order for us to better learn what is causing the issue we would like to ask players to report which chests have disappeared. Depending on if it's possible and the amount of requests we might or might not refund the lost items.
In any case, players not reporting the chests will not receive refunds.
Please report the X,Y and Z coordinate as well as the world in which the chest was. Optionally, include the contents.
This signature is for testing purposes.
All rights to this signature are reserved.

Alvares

Slimefun isn't working as well

fearthe1337

Quote from: Alvares on Dec 02, 2014, 11:26 AM
Not an issue, it was disabled due to a dupe bug.
This signature is for testing purposes.
All rights to this signature are reserved.

Alvares

Quote from: fearthe1337 on Dec 02, 2014, 11:44 AM
Quote from: Alvares on Dec 02, 2014, 11:26 AM
Not an issue, it was disabled due to a dupe bug.
Okay thanks :)

Towelie

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

CaptainTrips717

My 2 slimefun  backpacks turned into normal chests and I lost its contents.  Disappointing because I don't have the gold ore to replace them

JinxOnTheLoose

Just wondering with Banners, will there be an update where we can place more than 6 layers on a banner?

Towelie

I don't think we can ever control that. It's not really an update to do, it's just a limitation that Minecraft has.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Fractalion

Chest 1: 3676.5, 200, -826.5 (World 1) - Has reappeared, but is empty. (Also the bolt fell off when I opened an adjacent chest, but a picture of the floating bolt still exists in the 1.8 update announcement post.
- Had a stack of Towelie's LGBT fireworks. Only thing I actually care about that I lost.
- Had several stacks of assorted fireworks I made, unimportant, don't care.
- Had a sword of beheading from slimefun.

Chest 2: 3670, 158, -832 (World 1) - Has reappeared, but was empty when it first did.
- Was full of assorted skeleton, pigman, and creeper drops which I don't care about because I can replenish my supply very quickly.

krankenstein20

hmm my chests are stillthere? probs cause im nooby and have nothing of value

Fractalion

Dec 02, 2014, 08:42 PM #10 Last Edit: Dec 03, 2014, 09:43 AM by fearthe1337
Quote from: krankenstein20 on Dec 02, 2014, 08:34 PM
hmm my chests are stillthere? probs cause im nooby and have nothing of value

I lost 2 out of ~200 chests, so it probably isn't super common.

It isn't a super large sample group though, so maybe I was super-lucky or super-unlucky. We'll see as more people post I guess. xd

Logs indicate between 600 and 800 chests have disappeared.

t11andreas

I think its a bad server because hardly no one ever listens to u deliberately and its something important

Eternal_Jamie

Quote from: t11andreas on Dec 02, 2014, 09:11 PM
I think its a bad server because hardly no one ever listens to u deliberately and its something important
Reasons for that
1. Not speaking in /sh
2. What you're saying makes no sense/isn't important
3. People are just busy
Why not give some examples of things you're saying which get ignored? Is it staff specifically ignoring you or just players? If it's staff speak to an admin about the occasions it's happening, if it's players well people can choose to listen to who they want.

Also this has nothing to do with this thread.

Towelie

Quote from: t11andreas on Dec 02, 2014, 09:11 PM
What Jamie said.

krankenstein20

please explain why you feel they were ignoring you