Apr 27, 2024, 10:22 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

[Survival] For the next month, the Emporium will not buy items

Started by Towelie, Dec 12, 2014, 06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

We are doing a little experiment -> From this moment and until January 12th, the Emporium will no longer buy items from players. It will only sell items. We are doing this because we have noticed severe EmpBuck leaks, and we believe, in fact that the Emporium is the #1 cause of our problems.
This will be an experiment, however, if it goes well, we will make this a permanent thing.

We advise you to sell your things to Autoshops -> /warp AutoDirectory

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

N1ux_

So when every auto is full or inactive what then? :/

HappyNem

Quote from: Xenii12 on Dec 12, 2014, 06:40 PM

This does not happen too often, and this will help equal out supply and demand.

Eternal_Jamie

Quote from: Xenii12 on Dec 12, 2014, 06:40 PM
You can sell stuff in the forum marketplace, set up your own shop and sell stuff to people or simply sell other things which shops are more up for buying if you need money.

onionboys

stormshooter

Quote from: onionboyzz on Dec 12, 2014, 07:00 PM
This will just make the rich players more rich.
It'll make the autoshop owners rich. Normal players will no longer be able to benefit at selling their items at a good rate. Most autoshops rip you off.

onionboys

Quote from: stormshooter on Dec 12, 2014, 07:02 PM
It'll make the autoshop owners rich. Normal players will no longer be able to benefit at selling their items at a good rate. Most autoshops rip you off.
There's only a few autoshops that are actually used daily, those autoshops already have 100+ mil

Sent from TapaSwag

ddude_stnom

It technically could, but still, it is a step in the right direction. SuperFunTime needs a stable economy with steady growth.

stormshooter

Quote from: onionboyzz on Dec 12, 2014, 07:03 PM
Quote from: stormshooter on Dec 12, 2014, 07:02 PM
There's only a few autoshops that are actually used daily, those autoshops already have 100+ mil
Mmm true. When we had the /shop command a lot of unknown autoshops were introduced giving you the best price for a product. Now it's been removed I'm having to stick to well know autoshops since I'm too lazy to check the prices of every single shop.

HappyNem

/warp autodirectory has literally a room full of auto shop signs (which I will be reviewing this evening), its crazy how many are not even used.

The already rich people will remain rich, but nothing we can do about that, but over time prices in the shops will become more competitive. If a lazy autoshop owner just buys all his items from the emp, and charges a bit more, that is not going to make him money when the smaller start up ones want the business and get the items themselves and can them easily charge less.  If you don't want to take the time to shop around for a good deal, you can't complain if you don't find it.

Its going to be interesting, I like the idea, and it will make getting items on survival a bit harder, but then that makes the game more fun when you get what you are after.  I would also think the sell prices in the emp are going to change as well with the new 1.8 blocks on the way.

If this option does not sound good, the only other real way to rest set the economy is to POOF everything to 0 and start over, and I do not think many people would dig that.

ryan_m004

In my opinion this will happen:
People will sell things to auto shops and the auto shops chests will be filled.
Problem 1- when the chests are full where will people go to sell?
Problem 2- When the chests get full what will the shop owner do with the excess stock?
Problem 3- what if people don't buy from auto shops?

This will also affect people with popular grinders as people sell the loot and there will be no emp to sell it too.
Quote from: MrEpicWonder on Dec 25, 2014, 09:21 PMi have such a good memory, an apple, an orange and a tennis ball thrown at my dick.

katoon123

/warp autodirectory should be updated so the signs are clickable again :D

ryan_m004

Quote from: katoon123 on Dec 12, 2014, 07:38 PM
/warp autodirectory should be updated so the signs are clickable again :D
they should also start the top 10 poll again as the top 10 auto shops may have changed and there may be some new ones that fit into the top 10.
Quote from: MrEpicWonder on Dec 25, 2014, 09:21 PMi have such a good memory, an apple, an orange and a tennis ball thrown at my dick.

onionboys

Hate to say this, but most autoshops aren't used because they are unorganized and poorly made

HappyNem

Quote from: onionboyzz on Dec 12, 2014, 07:55 PM
Hate to say this, but most autoshops aren't used because they are unorganized and poorly made

Does not matter, the consumers will dictate how the stores operate; any auto shop owner who does not adjust their shop to keep the customers happy will fail, just like in the real economy.

onionboys

Quote from: HappyNem on Dec 12, 2014, 08:04 PM

Does not matter, the consumers will dictate how the stores operate; any auto shop owner who does not adjust their shop to keep the customers happy will fail, just like in the real economy.
So you want mallusa and SanMarco to take over SFT, making around a million a day?

Sent from TapaSwag

Towelie

Quote from: onionboyzz on Dec 12, 2014, 08:05 PM
Quote from: HappyNem on Dec 12, 2014, 08:04 PM

So you want mallusa and SanMarco to take over SFT, making around a million a day?

Sent from TapaSwag
Beats losing ~500mil empbucks / month.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Jyncs

It's a test.

Towelie said he wanted to see how it works. He is doing what I do with my team at work, we have an idea on how to approach a problem and come up with a solution to try. We try it out and see if it works. If it doesn't, we don't do it anymore. If it does then we keep it.

Any economy for a game always wants a good balance. When it starts there is usually a large influx of money being given to players(like selling to the emp). Once there is a lot of money out there, then the game economy wants more coming in than it is giving out. Otherwise you will either have inflation on prices of items because there is not enough money or there is so much money that it isn't worth anything. It's a balance that we have always been talking about since Emp was implemented.

Before anyone starts spouting about real life economy, this is a game, not real life. As much as we want to mimic a real life economy in a game, it is almost impossible.

stormshooter

I completely agree with Jyncs.
May I just add this is survival. I like to think of it as survival of the fittest. And at the moment, it just happens to be cytyfrmr and Stevenxino at the top.
But also, this is a donator item making it a lil unfair.

Cesspitsid

Towelie? can you please explain what type of EMPbuck leakage? you mean players suddenly getting tons of money unexplained?

stormshooter

Quote from: Cesspitsid on Dec 12, 2014, 08:58 PM
Towelie? can you please explain what type of EMPbuck leakage? you mean players suddenly getting tons of money unexplained?
Well since the emp uses spawned in money rather then earned money, it is sort of a leakage. Also, some of the emp prices are a bit off and get abused leaking money.

Cesspitsid

Quote from: stormshooter on Dec 12, 2014, 09:05 PM
Quote from: Cesspitsid on Dec 12, 2014, 08:58 PM
Well since the emp uses spawned in money rather then earned money, it is sort of a leakage. Also, some of the emp prices are a bit off and get abused leaking money.

Makes sense this, as an autoshop owner I see the EMP as a place to buy stuff more now, to keep stock of all my items, seeing as the emp's prices are quite high, it makes items worth more and maybe from that, more autoshop owners will increase the prices of their items/blocks and that in turn will help boost the economy :P
it may work quite well!

Barbacue2

Towelie

Let me explain this decision.

Scenario 1: Player sells items to emporium. Emporium salesman spawns money and more money are added into the economy, creating a larger inflation

Scenario 2: Player sells items to autoshop. Autoshop owner is taxed by this, no money at all are added to economy, some are in fact removed.

Which scenario is better for the server? Scenario 2. It's good for the server and it's also good for the autoshop owners. Now if someone were smart they'd open a brick and mortar shop and keep it open at all times and they would in fact make a lot of money.

onionboys

Why do you complain about the inflation when you are adding Steve co crates weekly? Isn't that spawned in money just in item version