Apr 27, 2024, 11:17 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

[Beta Test] KitPvP Factions Server

Started by Towelie, Dec 18, 2014, 02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Hey guys, so over the last week, I have worked on setting up a Kit PVP server.
You can now try it out, and give me feedback to where it should be heading!

Server IP: 89.35.251.223
Credits: dpa1991 for the original idea, djkirsh for helping me build the spawn point, saywhat for help with factions stuff.

It's  rather crude now as I don't have a lot of time to work on it, but it should be fun. How i thought it -> Fight or mine until you raise enough money to start a faction (with default  settings you'd need to kill 100 people and never die to afford to create a Faction or to mine 20 Diamonds) and then it just turns into factions but without all the drama of losing items (because you have kits).

Let me know what you think!

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Happysheep102

Cireshie

willhill2000

Happysheep102

I love this server and i think it is a great addition to the community! It'll be great when it is all properly set up! :D

Post Merge: Dec 18, 2014, 05:47 PM

Quote from: willhill2000 on Dec 18, 2014, 04:36 PM
#Replacethiswithfactions
^^^^^^

I think you mean replace factions with this, not replace this with factions :P

Kray0ns

Dec 18, 2014, 06:08 PM #5 Last Edit: Dec 18, 2014, 06:55 PM by Kray0ns
A good use of time. this can be a good replacement of factions.

Post Merge: Dec 18, 2014, 06:50 PM

i found a bug while playing. it seems if you try to take out an item from your chest thats in the pvp kit menu, it gives you the kit for the price. i only confirmed this with the TNT Pyro kit.  :fire:

Post Merge: Dec 18, 2014, 06:55 PM

Quote from: Kray0ns on Dec 18, 2014, 06:08 PM

i found a bug while playing. it seems if you try to take out an item from your chest thats in the pvp kit menu, it gives you the kit for the price. i only confirmed this with the TNT Pyro kit.  :fire:
also seems to make blocks disapear randomly. ex: cobblestone, tnt, ent

Towelie

Post Merge: Dec 18, 2014, 06:55 PM

also seems to make blocks disapear randomly. ex: cobblestone, tnt, ent
I don't understand, could you explain exactly what the steps are?

Also, people, I could use more feedback. I'm trying to make this better before I introduce it to the public.
Tell me what you don't like about it, what you think should be changed, etc.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Cireshie

Dec 19, 2014, 09:49 PM #7 Last Edit: Dec 19, 2014, 11:29 PM by Cireshie
Is it me, or can we not join the server?

EDIT: Suggestions

1. More adminshops to sell items at. Maybe include selling mob items like gunpowder for 1 each. If you do allow selling mob drops, don't include arrows, it's in kits already. We can maybe add more like what factions has.

2. Higher item quantity sell price. Selling 1 redstone at a time takes too long. Maybe make people able to sell 5 items at a time.

3. Tips for starters at spawn? Like a rule board for starters? Perhaps telling how to make a faction.

4. Increased price on kits. Make WarLord cost 500 or more. It's easy to get money, but make it so when they die with warlord, they really regret it.

5. Biggest pet peeve of all. Make spawn above ground. Make it so when they fall, they don't have the safezone. I hate when people go to spawn to regen instead of fighting.