Please don't hesitate to give us feedback!

Started by Towelie, Dec 29, 2014, 07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Lately, I've noticed a couple of people either leaving sft or just expressing their discontent towards "the direction of sft", but without providing any reason. If you don't tell us what you dislike, we cannot improve.
We cannot read people's minds and even though some people think I am all-knowing, I really don't know everything that's going on.
Please, don't hesitate to give us feedback if you dislike something we do or any decisions we take, and don't wait to do that until you announce your leaving.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

everest_guy

TowelieDOH Don't Worry, Times and times i got banned for idiotic reason, i got frusturated but my love for SFT never died. The only reason i have for not playing on SFT is getting banned, but my love will go on, for SFT. TowelieDOH, keep on doing what your doing, your changing minds.
I'm not lazy, I'm just on my energy saving mode.

krikky97

What annoys me most of the time is these days all these randomers are getting JMod and everyone is like who the fuck is this guy/girl I remember when you had to earn it not just stay on the server long enough to get it, what also pisses me off and this is a big reason why I stopped playing SFT people get god mode and fly mode and it's a survival server like what's all that about? Also you can't express your opinions to these new staff members they just get annoyed and start kicking you for being rude, these new staff need to take on board some constructive critisim and improve themselves with it, also when staff members act differently when an admin comes online such as Kaninka he's a decent staff member and when other staff aren't doing there job properly and Kaninka2 comes online they change like they can actually do their job. I know others agree some might disagree but this is my opinion might sound a bit harsh but it has to be said.

This is the biggest thing people get annoyed about is when staff stick up for their friends even though they are in the wrong.

nachyo_cheese

First, I would like to completely agree with krikky. An old experienced staff will come on and all the staff will suddenly start asking if someone has an issue. And some times, I  will ask a staff If they're busy when they're not and if they wanna build, craft, etc and suddenly they'll bustle to work. I also don't like when some guest or whatever says incorrect grammer and gets strictly corrected. Sft is supposed to be a fun place to relax and have fun, not get corrected by some grammer nazi. Also, sorry to say this, but I'm almost always bored. I have almost 1,500 hours and yews, the staff promote ma j and such but I've mined about 150 of those hours, and everyone is too apathetic to ever come to ma anymore, paintball is too glitchy, I'm not building and I'm poor, giant farms are banned, etc etc etc. Also, about staff, one hard working staff member, EVEN JMODS will be on and the managers work and mods or jmods aent even working and leave it to few jmods. (Sorry if that seems hypocritical from me as a jmod but I realized it was wrong a LONG time ago.) One more, yes, as kricky said, people will say f u or f u or whatever and they'll get corrected and do it 5 minutes later. Cursing should be strictly forbidden at people as we have a young adience these days. And, I can't even press anything anymore on protected ground. I bought like 80 xp bottles and was doing them all and it was a waste of 20k.

everest_guy

Both Of Them Are Right, But In The End The Justice Wins, Equality Dosent Exsist.
I'm not lazy, I'm just on my energy saving mode.

ryan_m004

I see guests/ members, I can tell which ones have potential to be a Jmod+ And which ones don't have the potential.
I see a lot of the people that I think Didnt have the potential getting Jmod (I agree with krikky)
Quote from: MrEpicWonder on Dec 25, 2014, 09:21 PMi have such a good memory, an apple, an orange and a tennis ball thrown at my dick.

Fire_Lord_Nero

Reasons why my friends and i aren't really active and more is because there is no more goals to reach, I diamond, gold money and anything that can make me last. I got Elite and enough uptime for legend and is just waiting on the year to get it, it's the only goal i have besides keeping active with friends. There isn't really a fun aspect for me anymore as played and did everything I wanted to do.

ChoctheMilkman

Quote from: ryan_m004 on Dec 30, 2014, 02:52 AM
I see guests/ members, I can tell which ones have potential to be a Jmod+ And which ones don't have the potential.
I see a lot of the people that I think Didnt have the potential getting Jmod (I agree with krikky)

How can you possibly say that. The players promoted to Jmod are all hand picked by the Staff team, You may not know them, or ever heard them before, but we have, they have stood out to us a valued players, and thats why they get promoted. You say some don't have potential, well you obviously aren't looking at the same attributes we are.

Lucazade13

QuoteWhat annoys me most of the time is these days all these randomers are getting JMod and everyone is like who the fuck is this guy/girl I remember when you had to earn it not just stay on the server long enough to get it, what also pisses me off and this is a big reason why I stopped playing SFT people get god mode and fly mode and it's a survival server like what's all that about? Also you can't express your opinions to these new staff members they just get annoyed and start kicking you for being rude, these new staff need to take on board some constructive critisim and improve themselves with it, also when staff members act differently when an admin comes online such as Kaninka he's a decent staff member and when other staff aren't doing there job properly and Kaninka2 comes online they change like they can actually do their job. I know others agree some might disagree but this is my opinion might sound a bit harsh but it has to be said.

This is the biggest thing people get annoyed about is when staff stick up for their friends even though they are in the wrong.

Guy if you are saying that staff are not doing there job when higher staff is on, may i suggest you take screen shots or record it so you can then send it off to higher staff so it can be sorted out. As at the moment everyone is saying that staff are not doing there job but there is no proof for higher staff.

Survival Elite
Just your average energy drink

jaytan216

We need more active Fmods on factions , a day before christmas i got betrayed and lost everything , the person got banned by a Fmod but he don't have spawn in so we didn't get a refund. One of the Fmods were away and only refunded 1% of the stuff which is not even enough to do anything , all the resources my faction earned was gone like that, we could not wait so we start getting it again. The point is that I know it's Christmas and a lot of people would be away or out of town , but I don't celebrate Christmas , and it's have pass anyway , the refund is very slow , we could not wait any longer , so I'll just give up. The only active Fmod on faction is Enderdragon_poo , that's like literlly it.

SkullzCrew

Quote from: jaytan216 on Dec 30, 2014, 05:47 AM
We need more active Fmods on factions , a day before christmas i got betrayed and lost everything , the person got banned by a Fmod but he don't have spawn in so we didn't get a refund. One of the Fmods were away and only refunded 1% of the stuff which is not even enough to do anything , all the resources my faction earned was gone like that, we could not wait so we start getting it again. The point is that I know it's Christmas and a lot of people would be away or out of town , but I don't celebrate Christmas , and it's have pass anyway , the refund is very slow , we could not wait any longer , so I'll just give up. The only active Fmod on faction is Enderdragon_poo , that's like literlly it.
I think there's plenty of FMods on factions. Sure, most of them are inactive, but Ender gets ~60-70 hours a week, and xerxers is pretty active too. Can't expect everyone to be active all the time.

Towelie

Quote from: KrikkytehDuck on Dec 29, 2014, 11:02 PM
What annoys me most of the time is these days all these randomers are getting JMod and everyone is like who the fuck is this guy/girl I remember when you had to earn it not just stay on the server long enough to get it, what also pisses me off and this is a big reason why I stopped playing SFT people get god mode and fly mode and it's a survival server like what's all that about? Also you can't express your opinions to these new staff members they just get annoyed and start kicking you for being rude, these new staff need to take on board some constructive critisim and improve themselves with it, also when staff members act differently when an admin comes online such as Kaninka he's a decent staff member and when other staff aren't doing there job properly and Kaninka2 comes online they change like they can actually do their job. I know others agree some might disagree but this is my opinion might sound a bit harsh but it has to be said.

We are already dealing with some staff issues, and we are running a complete internal investigation as we speak for exactly what you described above.
However, you clearly must understand the reason we need staff for. I mean say I agree with you, what are we to do? Just... give up and get no staff?
The sad reality is, we aren't getting as many JMod worthy people as we did in the good old days. I have expressed my belief a while ago, this is because the quality of the minecraft playerbase has decreased since Minecraft has gone viral and it's not just a crowd of smart computer geeks that heard about thsi game minecraft, it's all the people and kids and so on.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

krikky97

Quote from: nachyo_cheese on Dec 30, 2014, 01:45 AM
First, I would like to completely agree with krikky. An old experienced staff will come on and all the staff will suddenly start asking if someone has an issue. And some times, I  will ask a staff If they're busy when they're not and if they wanna build, craft, etc and suddenly they'll bustle to work. I also don't like when some guest or whatever says incorrect grammer and gets strictly corrected. Sft is supposed to be a fun place to relax and have fun, not get corrected by some grammer nazi. Also, sorry to say this, but I'm almost always bored. I have almost 1,500 hours and yews, the staff promote ma j and such but I've mined about 150 of those hours, and everyone is too apathetic to ever come to ma anymore, paintball is too glitchy, I'm not building and I'm poor, giant farms are banned, etc etc etc. Also, about staff, one hard working staff member, EVEN JMODS will be on and the managers work and mods or jmods aent even working and leave it to few jmods. (Sorry if that seems hypocritical from me as a jmod but I realized it was wrong a LONG time ago.) One more, yes, as kricky said, people will say f u or f u or whatever and they'll get corrected and do it 5 minutes later. Cursing should be strictly forbidden at people as we have a young adience these days. And, I can't even press anything anymore on protected ground. I bought like 80 xp bottles and was doing them all and it was a waste of 20k.
I was the reason why giant farms weren't allowed Im sorry about that xD My old farm was 7 million blocks in volume xD

Cesspitsid

I would like to take this opportunity to tell you about the protection plugin, I don't really like it since 1.8 update, I can't get xp from the bottles I drop in someone's protection, about 25k I've wasted not knowing, people can't open wooden doors or even trapdoors in my autoshop, they can't take the free food from the dispensers... even when pressing a button,
and now they can't leave feedback about my shop because of child protections and stuff. It's quite annoying.

I hope there is a way to fix this protection plugin or finding another, This is first and foremost on my mind about SFT now.

Towelie

Quote from: Cesspitsid on Dec 30, 2014, 12:04 PM
I would like to take this opportunity to tell you about the protection plugin, I don't really like it since 1.8 update, I can't get xp from the bottles I drop in someone's protection, about 25k I've wasted not knowing, people can't open wooden doors or even trapdoors in my autoshop, they can't take the free food from the dispensers... even when pressing a button,
and now they can't leave feedback about my shop because of child protections and stuff. It's quite annoying.

I hope there is a way to fix this protection plugin or finding another, This is first and foremost on my mind about SFT now.
This protection plugin is WorldGuard. About finding another, that's not going to happen. About fixing it, it's all up to the plugin author. We are using the same plugin, it's just  that they did some changes to it when updating.

Towelie

Quote from: Towelie on Dec 30, 2014, 12:28 PM

This protection plugin is WorldGuard. About finding another, that's not going to happen. About fixing it, it's all up to the plugin author. We are using the same plugin, it's just  that they did some changes to it when updating.
PS: Just so people don't think I'm cocky and arrogant, I'd like to explain -> I said it's not gonna happen because if we were to change it all the current protected regions will remain unprotected. So basically it's not that I don't want, it's that we can't.

itsConnor_

Quote from: ryan_m004 on Dec 30, 2014, 02:52 AM
As Minecraft has grown over the past ~5 years, the target audience has shifted and subsequent age of the playerbase has decreased considerably. Where in 2011 many of SFT's players may have been aged 15-30, the majority now may be 8-14 (note I am just speculating). I can only imagine it is much harder now to find appropriate staff members with many Minecraft players being ~10 years old.
I've been to events (iSeries), which have now taken great interest in Minecraft and the Minecraft area may as well be a daycare centre; most of the Minecraft-interested visitors are literally 5-10 years old!
Trainee & JMod July 2011-early 2012
Mod - summer 2012
Head of Hosts - December 2012 - July 2013
Steam

Towelie

I feel like the purpose of this thread wasn't understood properly.
I meant this thread to tell you that it's fine to give us feedback when you are unhappy with a thing. However, I did not mean to give it all now (that's fine too tho), I meant to just say it when it happens rather than botle it in you and let it become wrose.

Eternal_Jamie

As it's been said every time it's been mentioned, ask a mod. They can make it so folk can interact with buttons etc. in your protections. Unsure if that fixes the xp thing but it'd be worth trying. All that seems to have changed is people can no longer do those things by default.

xQuicScopex

Quote from: Eternal_Jamie on Dec 30, 2014, 01:52 PM

As it's been said every time it's been mentioned, ask a mod. They can make it so folk can interact with buttons etc. in your protections. Unsure if that fixes the xp thing but it'd be worth trying. All that seems to have changed is people can no longer do those things by default.

to fix this could autos or public spawners be allowed more child prots? because you cant use an enchant table or anvil on a prot either so could those specific blocks have child prots allowing them to be used? prob not but a thought

Eternal_Jamie

@xQuicScopex no limit on childs, the alternative we came up with can't be done atm by mods but managers/admins can so just ask one and they can do that stuff for you (or to anyone who wants that done).

ecgecg

The dominince big factions have over the server

LUFC4eva

Quote from: ecgecg on Dec 30, 2014, 05:37 PM
yeah i agree, it's annoying af

The_Offical_Irvo

Yeh mate i agree its so annoying and stressful.

Jyncs

If you are not talking about the faction server, then please be more specific, otherwise read on.

This comes up every time that there is a dominating faction on the server. Every. Single. Time. Doesn't matter who it is or who is in it. What happens is one group of people put in a lot of hours building themselves up to be dominant and no one else is willing to put the time in to try and take them down. Every time I point this out someone counter argues with "they take us down before we get to big" to which I say you don't have enough people banding together to take them down. Which I am sure will bring up another argument because people like making excuses why they lose.

Unless you have a solution of course to this, please stop complaining about it and do something in game about it.