Apr 28, 2024, 03:02 AM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

[Survival] Mythic Mobs

Started by Towelie, Jan 09, 2015, 08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

I have added a new plugin on Survival, that adds some new unique mobs, each with different abilities and rewards.

Types of mobs:
Skeleton King -> One of the hardest mobs. It's a wither skeleton that spawns other skeleton minions and has some powerful abilities.
Skeletal Minion -> Doesn't spawn by himself, but will appear along with the Skeleton King
Zombie Horde -> A Zombie Giant with massive health and several powerful abilities. Also spawns hordes of zombies. The longer you take to kill it, the more zombies will be spawned.
Zombie Minion -> Does not spawn by himself, but will appear along with the Zombie Horde
Skeletal Knight -> A powerful wither skeleton warrior with increased health and damage
StaticallyChargedSheep -> A sheep that's known for burning its fuse xD
Angry Sludge -> A massive slime with massive health and abilities
Corrupted Pigman -> What's it doing in the overworld? Shouldn't it be in the nether?
Slenderman -> Wait what? How did this one get here o_O I don't remember adding it...

More mobs will be added in time. These mobs each have unique abilities and offer unique rewards (EmpBucks, XP, items). I hope you will enjoy them! NOTE-> They will randomly spawn in World1 and World2

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Cireshie

Jan 09, 2015, 08:25 PM #1 Last Edit: Jan 09, 2015, 08:42 PM by Cireshie
A few questions. Do these mobs only spawn at night? And are they biome specific like slimes usually only spawn in swamps, so do the Angry Sludges only spawn in swamps? Will you find them in caves?

krankenstein20

Welp I'm gunna die next time I join XD

Stinistar

Quote from: Cireshie on Jan 09, 2015, 08:25 PM
A few questions. Do these mobs only spawn at night? And are they biome specific like slimes usually only spawn in swamps, so do the Angry Sludges only spawn in swamps? Will you find them in caves?
As far as i know, they spawn at night only. And they spawn everywhere. Not only in caves :)

ryan_m004

Reminds me of that annoying Halloween plugin -.-
Quote from: MrEpicWonder on Dec 25, 2014, 09:21 PMi have such a good memory, an apple, an orange and a tennis ball thrown at my dick.

Silly_StringSFT

Will these boss mobs be bigger than normal mobs, and if so will they clog my grinder?

TheGoldenKibby

I like the changes, good work!

Cireshie

Quote from: StiniPenguin on Jan 09, 2015, 08:48 PM
Quote from: Cireshie on Jan 09, 2015, 08:25 PM
As far as i know, they spawn at night only. And they spawn everywhere. Not only in caves :)
Even nether? (I think skeletons spawn in the nether)

Post Merge: Jan 09, 2015, 09:02 PM

Quote from: silly_string123 on Jan 09, 2015, 08:54 PM
Will these boss mobs be bigger than normal mobs, and if so will they clog my grinder?
They're giant. Like huge, but not sure if they can spawn from spawners.

ryan_m004

Can auto shops and grinders get a flag for disabling the mobs from spawning in the area? If not, it will be annoying
Quote from: MrEpicWonder on Dec 25, 2014, 09:21 PMi have such a good memory, an apple, an orange and a tennis ball thrown at my dick.

Eternal_Jamie

I hope/presume these aren't spawning from spawners and only in the general mob spawning.

Barbacue2

Will there be special drops from tough mobs, like skeleton king or the zombie giant guy?

Towelie

Quote from: Eternal_Jamie on Jan 09, 2015, 09:25 PM
I hope/presume these aren't spawning from spawners and only in the general mob spawning.
^ This

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Eternal_Jamie

Quote from: Barbacue2 on Jan 09, 2015, 09:31 PM
Will there be special drops from tough mobs, like skeleton king or the zombie giant guy?
Bottom of OP lists some rewards so yea

ryan_m004

You could add a super boss mob arena! ;)

TheGoldenKibby

I don't intend to be negative when I say this, but I think that the plugin causes a lot of lag and the zombie hordes spawn way to much. They're a nuisance to take care of and I can't take a break every three minutes to go kill a zombie giant to protect my town. Maybe if you could nerd it a little, it might be a little better.

Towelie

I have drastically nerfed spawn rate of Zombie Hordes. Let me know if it's a problem any more or if you encounter a problem with the other mob types.

Tyvic

There is a good and a bad to this:

Good: When killing these mobs,  you get lots of cool awards.

Bad: These mobs spawn way too much. I have to stop building every 5 minutes to fire my bow at either a zombie horde or whatever gets in my way.

Cireshie

Quote from: Tyvic on Jan 10, 2015, 01:19 AM

Bad: These mobs spawn way too much. I have to stop building every 5 minutes to fire my bow at either a zombie horde or whatever gets in my way.
Yes, I think you should decrease spawn rate of the horde even more and/or increase other spawn rates. I've seen one sheep and one slime so far after quite a bit. I've seen dozens of zombie hordes.

Fire_Lord_Nero

I like it in all, it gets me to play lol very well done

Towelie

Quote from: Cireshie on Jan 10, 2015, 01:38 AM
Quote from: Tyvic on Jan 10, 2015, 01:19 AM

Yes, I think you should decrease spawn rate of the horde even more and/or increase other spawn rates. I've seen one sheep and one slime so far after quite a bit. I've seen dozens of zombie hordes.
Done. Let me know if it's better now.

onionboys

Swords for some reason suck against normal mobs, so will one of these boss mobs take like 2 years to kill

Towelie

Quote from: onionboyzz on Jan 10, 2015, 07:42 AM
Swords for some reason suck against normal mobs, so will one of these boss mobs take like 2 years to kill
Depends what sword you use. Using an enchanted diamond sword shouldn't be a problem.

TheGoldenKibby

I hate that this came to my mind, but now I have to tell someone. Couldn't someone just create a spawner with one of these mobs, like a skeleton king, and it would spawn faster than any other spawner?

Towelie

Quote from: TheGoldenKibby on Jan 10, 2015, 10:38 AM
I hate that this came to my mind, but now I have to tell someone. Couldn't someone just create a spawner with one of these mobs, like a skeleton king, and it would spawn faster than any other spawner?
Nope. These mobs don't spawn from spawners

calin2003

Wow this is awesome tow! I can't wait to see a slenderman :D