Mar 29, 2024, 10:50 AM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

[Poll] Who would you vote as POTUS?

Started by Towelie, Sep 14, 2016, 06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you vote as POTUS?

Hillary Clinton
48 (60%)
Donald Trump
32 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Voting closed: Sep 16, 2016, 06:48 AM

Lucy_23x

Quote from: one227 on Sep 14, 2016, 03:17 PM
Quote from: Lucy_23x on Sep 14, 2016, 03:07 PMI don't know if I could ever say that I'm a trump supporter. Yet I would never say I support Hillary Clinton either.
Why do all the idiots get to be in power?

welcome to the world,
If you are rich you can get anything you want !
Solution
Kill everyone who is poor so the rich must learn to fend for themselves and watch them all slowly crumble over who has to do hardship jobs.

I'm kidding don't do that..

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

lioneatszebra

I have a lot of respect for Hillary as a female in politics. She has it a lot worse than men because she is a woman. I used to want to be a senator when I first went to college and that quickly changed when I realized how hard it would be for me to get anywhere as a woman. So, I just have another level of respect for her. She is criticized for not smiling, what she wears, being sick, and people assuming she's going to run things with emotions as a woman. That is why I have a ton of respect for her. If she can make it this far without breaking down and having a Britney Spears moment, then she deserves respect. You don't see Donald Turds getting criticized often for what he wears, just criticized for what he says.
brb, living offline

CallOfTheElements

Jyncs

Quote from: Towelie on Sep 14, 2016, 08:53 AM
Quote from: garow93 on Sep 14, 2016, 08:18 AMWhy isn't "No" an option?
Because sadly, it isn't an option in real life.

Actually no is very much an option. A person does not have to vote for either. They can vote for all other issues and positions but they do not have to vote in either.

Another option is just writing in any name you want.
Quote from: BattleAxium on Sep 14, 2016, 11:32 AMNeither, Gary Johnson for POTUS.
This guy had my attention after Bernie lost the Primary. However I just don't agree with 90% of where he stands on the issues. I really feel he is trying to capture a lot of those who don't want Hillary or Trump and I just don't think it will work.

I do not think either choice is a good choice this time around, that being said they are the choices I am given and I always suggest to everyone to look at where the individual stands on issues and how they align with how you think. Remember we are voting for who we think will best run this country and not on how TV famous someone is or because of their gender.

Lazy_0ne

Quote from: SnipeMasterShark on Sep 14, 2016, 02:19 PMThere are other candidates but voting for them is basically not voting but too proud to admit it.

Both scare me... my only comment is trump is racist yet marries a foreigner, so someone is lying. I will gladly tell you all my views and who I will vote for in november if you msg me privately
Just because he married a foreigner doesn't mean he's not racist. That's the same as someone saying "I can't be racist, I have black friends!"

Not looking to get into a discussion here but I just wanted to point that out

Stinistar

If I was an American I would definitely vote for hillary, but only because she's not trump. But yes, it's like picking between two deadly diseases that would eventually kill you.

IPwnCreeps

To all the people saying they would vote for neither, if you're of voting age and in the US I highly suggest you vote for a third party candidate. People always seem to claim that a vote for anyone besides Trump or Clinton is as good as not voting, but it shows in the polls. Say Clinton wins the election with ~40% popular vote. That means more Americans chose someone who was NOT Clinton than those who did. If you really don't want someone to win, or at the least have a very 'unsuccessful' win, vote against them. The only way to throw away a vote is to not vote.

Also, to anyone planning on voting I plead that you actually look into the policies and ideas each candidate truly stands for and don't just vote based off of what you've seen or read on the news. Most, if not all, news outlets are extremely biased.

iLaxrv10

Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Fire_Lord_Nero

If you're going to have a bad pres, minus will have the worse right? no? ok

ASquattingDog

Is there a R.I.P. America option?

Chocotaco786

Well it's not like that is the ONLY 2 options on the actual ballot.

Chocotaco786

Quote from: Towelie on Sep 14, 2016, 08:53 AM
Quote from: garow93 on Sep 14, 2016, 08:18 AMWhy isn't "No" an option?
Because sadly, it isn't an option in real life.

Yes it is? Just don't vote.

omelott

Smileyface2288

I voted for trump but really can we just have Trumps Vice President :) this was fun but Trump won't do as much damage to our Nation in my opinion! Vote for Smiley :p

BattleAxium

Sep 15, 2016, 03:00 AM #39 Last Edit: Sep 15, 2016, 01:09 PM by BattleAxium
Quote from: Jyncs on Sep 14, 2016, 06:44 PMThis guy had my attention after Bernie lost the Primary. However I just don't agree with 90% of where he stands on the issues. I really feel he is trying to capture a lot of those who don't want Hillary or Trump and I just don't think it will work.

I do not think either choice is a good choice this time around, that being said they are the choices I am given and I always suggest to everyone to look at where the individual stands on issues and how they align with how you think. Remember we are voting for who we think will best run this country and not on how TV famous someone is or because of their gender.
While, you may be right that he's trying to appeal to voters who are disappointed with the current nominations, he's still the better option of the two.

And here's why:

Immigration: He believes free market should determine the level of migration. And we should find a way to allow immigrants to work in the U.S legally instead of deportation.

Abortion: He believes in her right to choose and the government shouldn't impinge on that right.

Criminal Justice: Reduction in incarceration, Bringing back Judges discretion for individual cases, Legalizing marijuana, and reclassifying other illegal drugs.

Taxation: Plans to reduce taxes. Reform the existing tax system with a single nation consumption tax. Meaning a single rate across the board for food and other goods. This isn't my favorite policy from him since it could hurt the poor and help the rich.

Environment: Plans to protect the environment from pollution. But, he doesn't support policies to mitigate climate change since they are costly. Again, still not the best policy from him but can easily be improved.

Overall, he means well with his policies and I think he has what it takes to run this country. Sure, he's not the "perfect" candidate but he has enough experience and temperament fitting of a US president. With that being said, everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

ochoaj

Is this really happening?

Whenever talk about anything related to politics, it gets locked and I get told to 'not do it again', but then stuff like this can be posed right in the General Announcements?

I'm sorry, but that's bullshit.  >:(

@TheOfficialMiner I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at the fact that this is actually happening.
"Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech."
― Benjamin Franklin

MrEpicWonder

Y'all getting trumped!

on a side note, I hate both trump and clinton, so either way I voted it'd be pointless.
Quote from: Towelie on Dec 16, 2015, 09:12 AMI'd still like to see the nativity scene re-enacted in minecraft while I eat popcorn and mock Christians
Quote from: Towelie on Jan 17, 2016, 08:45 AMSending me any inappropriate pictures will cause you to get banned (unless you are a female and 18+)

Tombo_

td998

The issue I have with this election is that people are ducking out of the decision. Don't vote for someone who isn't one of these two, that's just a throwaway vote and the same thing as not voting at all. Hillary or Trump is going to win, you just have to pick the one you think is least likely to destroy the country. Although, most of the power is held in the Senate and the HoR, the pres doesn't really have as much say as some people think, yet we don't put so much effort into voting people into the senate.

Hillary for sure. I hear a lot about how she's a criminal but my dad is a political junkie and he constantly tells me how none of it has been proven and it's just speculation with no evidence. People also seem to forget that all politicians are liars. I'm 95% sure "lying" is in the job description. But, for some reason, when people get caught it's this huge drama. And to be completely honest, Trump as president will just be embarrassing. Like imagine the future generations looking back and seeing that we elected a racist orange to be the leader of our country. America will be, if it's not already with how many supporters Trump has, the laughingstock of the world.

I think this election is more about looks at this point. Hillary is the less embarrassing choice. Even if she is this crazy corrupt person who embezzles money, she can't do much to harm the country without the senate and HoR approving. Idk man. I just know that Trump in the white house is scarier than Clinton. At least her husband WAS president and didn't completely ruin us as we're still here today.

Edit: while I do state a few facts in here like about the Senate and HoR, things like "Hillary is the less embarrassing choice," is clearly opinion and shouldn't be taken as me stating a fact or putting my belief over everyone else's.

Greatnessthe5th

Greatnessthe5th

eye_nine

Really, both seem terrible. Can we get new candidates? No? Well I'll just move to Canada.

Stoovs

Quote from: td998 on Sep 15, 2016, 07:56 PMThe issue I have with this election is that people are ducking out of the decision. Don't vote for someone who isn't one of these two, that's just a throwaway vote and the same thing as not voting at all.
Quote from: IPwnCreeps on Sep 14, 2016, 08:50 PMTo all the people saying they would vote for neither, if you're of voting age and in the US I highly suggest you vote for a third party candidate. People always seem to claim that a vote for anyone besides Trump or Clinton is as good as not voting, but it shows in the polls. Say Clinton wins the election with ~40% popular vote. That means more Americans chose someone who was NOT Clinton than those who did. If you really don't want someone to win, or at the least have a very 'unsuccessful' win, vote against them. The only way to throw away a vote is to not vote.

Also, to anyone planning on voting I plead that you actually look into the policies and ideas each candidate truly stands for and don't just vote based off of what you've seen or read on the news. Most, if not all, news outlets are extremely biased.
"There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts" -Voltaire

CaykoMarie

Sep 16, 2016, 12:08 AM #47 Last Edit: Sep 16, 2016, 12:15 AM by CaykoMarie
If everyone that said they disagreed with both Trump and Clinton voted for another candidate they did agree with instead of not voting or choosing the "lesser of two evils", it wouldn't be a "throw away" vote. This is nothing new, people just don't seem to realize this.

The other issue with voting is that only electoral vote matters. My state, Nevada, for example only goes Democratic. It doesn't matter what I vote, my state will always go Democratic due to our electorals.

For those that don't know, the Electoral College chooses the vote for the Presidential candidate. Normal citizens votes simply do not matter. Instead, representatives called "electors" vote for the president they want to represent the vote of their state.

ButterWhisperer

Quote from: Stoovs on Sep 15, 2016, 10:36 PM
Quote from: td998 on Sep 15, 2016, 07:56 PMThe issue I have with this election is that people are ducking out of the decision. Don't vote for someone who isn't one of these two, that's just a throwaway vote and the same thing as not voting at all.
Quote from: IPwnCreeps on Sep 14, 2016, 08:50 PMTo all the people saying they would vote for neither, if you're of voting age and in the US I highly suggest you vote for a third party candidate. People always seem to claim that a vote for anyone besides Trump or Clinton is as good as not voting, but it shows in the polls. Say Clinton wins the election with ~40% popular vote. That means more Americans chose someone who was NOT Clinton than those who did. If you really don't want someone to win, or at the least have a very 'unsuccessful' win, vote against them. The only way to throw away a vote is to not vote.

And on top of that, voting for a 3rd party candidate is to make it so neither of the two main candidates reach enough of a majority to get elected, which would mean that the House of Representatives would pick a president. This would be the only way that 3rd party candidates would get elected, but voting 3rd party can make it so someone else doesn't get elected.

td998

I can see where people are coming from but it's just not practical. It's clear one of the two candidates are going to win and voting for anyone different won't change that, but your vote could change who will actually be POTUS.