Apr 28, 2024, 11:42 PM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

State of Survival and SFT

Started by Towelie, Mar 13, 2016, 06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Survival:
  • Successfully updated to 1.9
  • Fixed or replaced most of the plugins
  • Pet plugin replaced with a better plugin - BattlePets
  • GlobalMarket and ChestShop fixed and working
  • Disguises aren't working yet but should be fixed in the next 5 days
  • Slimefun is NOT fixed. We don't have a fix for it. The author is working on a new major version of this plugin (3.4) and he said he would not update the older version while he works on the new one. That means, that for an undetermined period of time, we will NOT have Slimefun (could be a day, could be 3 months, all up to the author)
  • The end is not re-added. I have done some experiments this weekend but it seems like Multiverse has NOT updated to support the new style end or there are other problems. We'll keep investigating.

New Servers:
  • MineQwest - Launching soon! Estimated: Weekend 18-20 March
  • Prison - Work in progress. @saywhat2365 can add more
  • Project Wild West - Work in progress. Will go visit it some time this week / weekend
  • Pixelmon Adventure - Work in progress. @Dpa1991  is ill and was unable to work on it for the last week and possibly for a few more days. He can give more info

Financial Info and Playerbase:

• The financial situation is improving slightly, however we could still use more premium shop purchases
  • We are working on cutting down costs. Due to a server change that is in progress we will save around $100 / month starting next month (so our operational costs will be lowered by $100 / mo)
  • The playerbase has been decreasing a bit this past week but I have confidence that as we fix more plugins and Optifine becomes available more players will return / new players will join

There you go, just wanted to keep you guys posted with what's going on. In addition to that we are working on increasing our Manager+ team for Survival. Stay tuned for news and updates!

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

stormshooter

missypiggy4manager ;]

Cireshie

stormshooter

Quote from: Cireshie on Mar 13, 2016, 07:12 PM
Quote from: TeraStorm on Mar 13, 2016, 07:01 PMmissypiggy4manager ;]
Where does this fit?
Quote from: Towelie on Mar 13, 2016, 06:54 PMThere you go, just wanted to keep you guys posted with what's going on. In addition to that we are working on increasing our Manager+ team for Survival. Stay tuned for news and updates!

iLaxrv10

Sounds great Towelie! Just shoot me a PM when you're ready to stop by on Wild West! :D
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Doctor_Thanos

Thanks for the heads-up Tow! :D

TheStarNomad✯

Everyone knows it's gonna happen xD

Long time StarNomad

JohnOaklyjohn

Quote from: Towelie on Mar 13, 2016, 06:54 PM
  • We are working on cutting down costs. Due to a server change that is in progress we will save around $100 / month starting next month (so our operational costs will be lowered by $100 / mo)
If I may ask, what exactly does this mean?

xJade

Quote from: Dreamξηder ღ on Mar 13, 2016, 09:50 PM
Everyone knows it's gonna happen xD
Oh it will... :> She's amazing!

:redflower: :redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower:

:heart:You MUST learn to help yourself. Thats how you become stronger. :heart:

Zesty

I'm all gud for #misspiggy4manager 8)
Greed may not be good, but it's not bad, either. You humans think it's for money and power. But everyone wants something they don't have.
Survival is the only way. Live on and learn more.
Even when our eyes are closes, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams.

Towelie

Can we please not have this <playername> for manager thing ? It's annoying. I'm not saying mrpiggy is not worth it but this gossip isn't helping anyone.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Dogggeh

Quote from: Towelie on Mar 14, 2016, 05:06 AMCan we please not have this <playername> for manager thing ? It's annoying. I'm not saying mrpiggy is not worth it but this gossip isn't helping anyone.

*missmiggy

stormshooter

Hopefully Qwests will bring in some new players. :3

Izzdaer

Quote from: TeraStorm on Mar 14, 2016, 07:56 AMHopefully Qwests will bring in some new players. :3

I hope so too! It's fairly unique so we just need to get it nicely advertised! c:

And @Doggggeh you spelt it wrong too :O

Towelie

Quote from: JohnOaklyjohn on Mar 13, 2016, 10:10 PM
Quote from: Towelie on Mar 13, 2016, 06:54 PM
If I may ask, what exactly does this mean?
Downgrading the games machine where we host like bteam and stuff since the resources it was using were no longer waranted as some servers had shut down there.

The_Stigg

If I may ask, how much does it cost to run all the servers per year? And how much per server?

Towelie

It costs around $850 / month for all servers (incl services such as dropbox and a $100 / mo advertising budget) and between 100-200$ / server / month

The_Stigg

Quote from: Towelie on Mar 15, 2016, 05:14 AMIt costs around $850 / month for all servers (incl services such as dropbox and a $100 / mo advertising budget) and between 100-200$ / server / month
Holy crap that's expensive.