7 (14.6%)
Keep the current world and add plots + flat world
4 (8.3%)
Other
2 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: Aug 20, 2015, 01:35 PM

saywhat2365

After reading some posts on what new servers we should host I've decided to revamp the creative server to make it easier for players to build on and create fun designs.  What I was thinking is to reset the current map, add a fresh normally generated map, add a plots world, and add a regular flat map or the nether.  I kinda want some opinions on this to see what everyone who plays creative thinks.  Please share this post with anyone that doesn't check the forums regularly as well.  I'll add a poll for easy voting!

MrEpicWonder

Personally as someone who used to play creative, i was never too fond of the protecting plugin you had to build but that's just me, I used to love plots because it was so much easier. And a reset would be nice imo. But that's just me.
Quote from: Towelie on Dec 16, 2015, 09:12 AMI'd still like to see the nativity scene re-enacted in minecraft while I eat popcorn and mock Christians
Quote from: Towelie on Jan 17, 2016, 08:45 AMSending me any inappropriate pictures will cause you to get banned (unless you are a female and 18+)

saywhat2365

Well yeah regardless I'm adding a plot world :p

Green_Giant

I used to play on the creative server loads about 2 years ago when it was flat plots. Absolutely loved it.

What I would like to see: Reset the current normal world. I'm unsure about keeping or removing the self claiming plugin. Personally I really hate it, but without regular staff to maintain the server then there wouldn't be Mods etc. like we have on survival to do protections. So i'd say keep it for that world.

Add a flat plots world like we had about 2 years ago, if you get enough uptime, you can buy another plot. Plots about 100 x 100? (I think that was their size). If a player goes inactive for 3 weeks, their plots are (automatically? if possible) regenerated and can be bought by another player. Players could start with one free plot, and every 10(?) hours of uptime, they gain another. Up to a total of 5? Should be reasonable. The plots would be at y level 64, so players can build high or down if they want. They should also be able to customise the biome, of their plot. Perhaps also make it so players can spawn heads which they could use for decoration.

Add a nether world, but this would work like the normal world.

I used a lot of question marks in this, jsut because i'm not 100% sure if all of the suggestions here are reasonable.

stormshooter

Tyvic

Personally I don't play creative very much because of that. I used to play on a creative freebuild server like 2 years ago. If I can make what I made back then on SFT, I'll gladly make some uptime on creative :P

UrbanmineR

I want the old creative back, where you had plots etc. Many people want to build stuff and show us(The architect team) but they don't really have any places to build, as it's expensive on survival
â–'█▀▀▀█ â–'â–ˆâ"€â"€â–'â–ˆ   â–'█▀▀▀█ â–'█▀▀▀█
â"€â–,,â–,,â–,,▀▀   â–'â–ˆâ–,,â–,,â–,,â–ˆ â"€â"€â–,,â–,,â–,,▀▀ â"€â–,,â–,,â–,,▀▀
â–'â–ˆâ–,,â–,,â–,,â–ˆ â"€â"€â–'â–ˆâ"€â"€  â–'â–ˆâ–,,â–,,â–,,â–ˆ â–'â–ˆâ–,,â–,,â–,,â–ˆ

Lucazade13

Maybe have tons of plots and if possible every time someone joins for the first time they are teleported to their new plot automatically. (The rules are put in a book and spawned in as a starter kit). After every 10 hours or so players get a notification saying they have a new plot available and it is linked with a warp going to it. If a player goes inactive for 2 weeks their plots are automatically reset (Or done by staff) and are given to a new player.

Now i have absolutely no idea if this is possible or not but i do think this system would appeal to new players a lot. Also i suggest having a completely flat world with like plots being outlined with stone bricks and are automatically protected and once a player is teleported to it they get access to the plot.

We could maybe start a shop (Like the emp) where players can but player heads and buy different types of special plots (An island, more space, floating, underground etc.)

Once again if this is not possible i do understand but it would be an awesome way of doing it.

-Lucazade :)

Survival Elite
Just your average energy drink

jaytan216

The old creative was good , we just log on and play to earn money. We can use the money to buy plots and such. It was great.

Doctor_Thanos

Aug 13, 2015, 04:18 PM #9 Last Edit: Aug 13, 2015, 04:35 PM by Doctor_Thanos
You could actually add some way to select the biome of our  plot if possible.
I'd really like to suggest the plots to be really big though (100x100) so there is not a big limitation in Building.

I really hope the Creative world helps a lot the server and I will sure be a really regular player there.

saywhat2365

I'm just stating this again because apparently people do not read. I'm adding a plot world regardless. I just want to know what else you think should be added and if the current world should be reset.

Doctor_Thanos

I editted my previous one and sorry for not reading. :/

supermee3

Glad you're adding a plot world, and I personally don't like the creative is set up with having to protect. I mean sure you lose the natural terrain if you remove it but it's not that necesarry ^^

Also when would you be able to have a plot world enabled for creative? :D

Duncz

Is there any way to have a plot world that allows us to have access to world edit and voxel sniper? that would be cooooooooool

Green_Giant

Quote from: Duncz on Aug 13, 2015, 08:08 PMIs there any way to have a plot world that allows us to have access to world edit and voxel sniper? that would be cooooooooool
Hehe I wish we could.

Dday694

I think you should really put in the nether and even a sky world

OH THE POSSIBILITIES!

killpaddy47

Aug 13, 2015, 11:05 PM #16 Last Edit: Aug 13, 2015, 11:16 PM by killpaddy47
Do any of the good builds on the creative server ever actually make it to the main server? I think would add incentive for people to build on it tbh.

Also add /random to the server effort flying around to find an ok spot!

TheStarNomad✯

Aug 14, 2015, 01:40 AM #17 Last Edit: Aug 14, 2015, 02:02 AM by Dracorex
Quote from: Dracorex on Aug 12, 2015, 09:43 PM(I also have more suggestions for the Creative server, if this were to be considered)
Well here are my suggestions xD

- Enable item drops, this would finally allow people to give items without adding the person to their protection and placing the item in a chest. The clear lag plugin could also be added like on factions and survival

- Enable TNT explosions on the normal map, this would make it easier for people to clear a space on their land for building

- Add the nether

- Possibly allow people to switch between survival mode and creative mode, I know the server's called Creative, but being stuck in just creative mode limits a few things. If you could switch, people could use shovels/pickaxes to clear dirt/stone faster than just clicking, drink potions, eat food and other things. A pvp thing could be added though this might not happen. *Maybe with the rank system, as you rank up you gain access to being able to switch, or maybe even donate for it

- Make it so that if you've been inactive on your claim for a certain amount of time, it is automatically unclaimed like on survival

- Not sure if there's a way already but maybe add a way to be able to see who has access to your claim/plot

- Enable hostile mobs on the normal world, maybe for the plot world to disable their spawning but allow people to use spawn eggs to get them

I might have had more but I've been thinking about this for a while and may have forgotten xd
Also if there's anyway I can help out I'd love to

Long time StarNomad

saywhat2365

Quote from: Green_Giant on Aug 13, 2015, 08:11 PM
Quote from: Duncz on Aug 13, 2015, 08:08 PMIs there any way to have a plot world that allows us to have access to world edit and voxel sniper? that would be cooooooooool
Hehe I wish we could.

There actually is :0 but only for your plot of course.

Towelie

Quote from: saywhat2365 on Aug 14, 2015, 02:57 AM
Hehe I wish we could.

Doesn't WorldEdit bypass protecetions / plots ?

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

TheStarNomad✯

Quote from: Towelie on Aug 14, 2015, 04:03 AM
Quote from: saywhat2365 on Aug 14, 2015, 02:57 AM
Hehe I wish we could.

Doesn't WorldEdit bypass protecetions / plots ?
It did when I used it..

Long time StarNomad

saywhat2365

Not with this plots plugin, it has it built in to contain it to your plot.