May 14, 2024, 03:29 AM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

Please report players you consider unworthy of Legend

Started by Towelie, Sep 30, 2015, 01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

I declare the Legend rank cleansing season opened!

Have you seen a player bearing the rank of Legend (on Survival) which acts unworthy of the highest achievable non-staff rank on SFT?
Please report them here!
We will only accept reports that come with proof.
You can also report via PM to me, but I would rather you reported here, as hiding behind anoniminty often makes things harder for me, as any action from me against an offending Legend will be perceived as an attack, and less as taking action after a report.

What to report:
- Players which have been banned countless time after they have achieved the rank of Legend yet are still legends
- Legends which curse excessively / flame bait even after being told to stop several times by a staff member
- Legends which are involved in cheating during events / abusing exploits / insulting staff in a direct manner
- Legends which act in a manner that does SFT a deservice (I will leave that to your interpretation)

What not to report:
- If a legend says a curseword. Swearing is allowed unless directed at someone
- Personal grudges. Don't report someone just becuase you don't like them.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

GotAnError

Quote from: Towelie on Sep 30, 2015, 01:45 PMI declare the Legend rank cleansing season opened!

What not to report
- Personal grudges. Don't report someone just becuase you don't like them. Unless you have a solid reason not to like them, and also proof of them breaking rules

Because a player can't just fake evidence / make evidence worse than it is just to get a person they don't like to lose the rank.

This is insanely subjective to let any player decide if it's okay or not. I do not understand why this is necessary. You have made your point of the Legends having to calm down. Why is there even a need for a manhunt?
Screw the modern world! Our lovely earth is flat, ask the Medieval men!

darknuju

Quote from: GotAnError on Sep 30, 2015, 02:09 PM
Quote from: Towelie on Sep 30, 2015, 01:45 PMI declare the Legend rank cleansing season opened!

What not to report
- Personal grudges. Don't report someone just becuase you don't like them. Unless you have a solid reason not to like them, and also proof of them breaking rules

Because a player can't just fake evidence / make evidence worse than it is just to get a person they don't like to lose the rank.

This is insanely subjective to let any player decide if it's okay or not. I do not understand why this is necessary. You have made your point of the Legends having to calm down. Why is there even a need for a manhunt?

I don't think Towelie would just take a picture sent in from one player he would probably call for more research before any final decisions are made any player can REPORT a legend but that will not immediately get them demoted Towelie will do more research and likely get more opinions on the matter

Also keep in mind I am not speaking for Towelie he could say something completely different but I think this is the goal Towelie is trying to accomplish

GotAnError

Quote from: darknuju on Sep 30, 2015, 02:19 PM
Quote from: GotAnError on Sep 30, 2015, 02:09 PM

What not to report

I don't think Towelie would just take a picture sent in from one player he would probably call for more research before any final decisions are made any player can REPORT a legend but that will not immediately get them demoted Towelie will do more research and likely get more opinions on the matter

Also keep in mind I am not speaking for Towelie he could say something completely different but I think this is the goal Towelie is trying to accomplish

Nonetheless, Legends are being treated badly more and more. We get it, we need to stop acting like Gods. And for as far as I know, it has gotten much better than it used to be. But now Legends are just being singled out. Like they are the rank which causes by far the most problems and are basically scum. If any possible positive effort Legends try to put into making the situation get better gets rewarded with another form of punishment, then why even bother?
Screw the modern world! Our lovely earth is flat, ask the Medieval men!

Towelie

We are not actively going on a manhunt after Legends. We are just trying to clean this rank and restore it to its 'former glory'.
We are just trying to make the bearers of this rank respected players again, players which have been with us for a long time and have in their heart the best interest of Super Fun Time.

I can assure you that we don't have a hidden agenda. As for my initial message regarding the personal grudges, I have corrected that to make it clear that we will not demote Legends just based on personal grudges.

As for the current status of the Legend team, while there are some Legends that have contributed to SFT greatly, and we appreciate, as a whole the team seems to only produce criticism / negativity instead of construcive criticism / ideas.

I've grown tired of being publicly criticized by the same two or three names within the Legend rank with every decision I take or any change that is going on, without said legends trying to come up with a better sollution or at least trying to understand our point of view.

It seems that currently the Legend team only wants what's best for theirselves, however, such a prestigious rank (or at least what we wish it to become), has to leave aside their personal interests and focus towards the benefit of SFT as a community.

If not the legends, then who?

In conclusion, big brother is watching. Don't think for a moment that we'd demote any one of you for personal grudges or that we won't verify the proof that is given to us. We have logs dating back months if not years and we won't take this deicisons (demoting a Legend) lightly. Most likely they will be decisions for the whole Manager+ team.

PS: The reason I removed my previous ~5 posts and compacted them into one, is because I'd like to get past grudges / issues and continue to improving the Legend rank. This is something you guys can help us with too!

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Towelie

Removed in-game broadcast.
I'm sort of sorry for starting a legend manhunt.
Sort of because I still think the Legend rank needs a cleanup, but sorry for the aggresive way I intended on doing it

HappyNem

Please report them here!
You can also report via PM to me, but I would rather you reported here, as hiding behind anoniminty often makes things harder for me, as any action from me against an offending Legend will be perceived as an attack, and less as taking action after a report.

What to report:
- Players which have been banned countless time after they have achieved the rank of Legend yet are still legends
- Legends which curse excessively / flame bait even after being told to stop several times by a staff member
- Legends which are involved in cheating during events / abusing exploits / insulting staff in a direct manner
- Legends which act in a manner that does SFT a disservice (I will leave that to your interpretation)

What not to report:
- If a legend says a curse word. Swearing is allowed unless directed at someone
- Personal grudges. Don't report someone just because you don't like them.

If I see any funny, incomplete, or just plain frivolous reports I will remove them.
PLEASE USE THE SPACE BELOW FOR REPORTS ONLY.
Thanks 8)

HappyNem

Quote from: Towelie on Sep 30, 2015, 01:45 PMPlease report them here!
You can also report via PM to me, but I would rather you reported here, as hiding behind anonymity often makes things harder for me, as any action from me against an offending Legend will be perceived as an attack, and less as taking action after a report.

Yes you can lose your Legend Status for being grossly inactive.

BritanniaRules

Can't help to think that it would have been easier to say who deserves the 'Legend' title!

Brightpkz

Quote from: HappyNem on Oct 01, 2015, 06:46 PM
You can also report via PM to me, but I would rather you reported here, as hiding behind anonymity often makes things harder for me, as any action from me against an offending Legend will be perceived as an attack, and less as taking action after a report.

Wait what... How is this fair? Like, even if you worked hard to get to where you are (Legend), you're gonna lose it due to inactivity?! That's so unfair...

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

Sparkle_Sun

Quote from: Brightpkz on Oct 03, 2015, 04:23 AM

Wait what... How is this fair? Like, even if you worked hard to get to where you are (Legend), you're gonna lose it due to inactivity?! That's so unfair...

Grossly inactive, meaning you're gone for a long time. Being Legend also shows your dedication to the server, which you lose if you go inactive for a lengthy period.

Brightpkz

Oct 03, 2015, 01:05 PM #11 Last Edit: Oct 03, 2015, 01:13 PM by Brightpkz
Quote from: Sparkle_Sun on Oct 03, 2015, 04:51 AM
Quote from: Brightpkz on Oct 03, 2015, 04:23 AM

Grossly inactive, meaning you're gone for a long time. Being Legend also shows your dedication to the server, which you lose if you go inactive for a lengthy period.

Grossly inactive is so subjective, that's probably gonna bring about confusion and conflict on whether or not one should be demoted from Legend. Rather than using terms like such, perhaps a specified period of time would be much more appropriate, especially when this is already a highly controversial topic amongst Legends. Dedication could be what we once had for the server, but no longer able to provide, does that make us undeserving of the recognition/the so-called privilege?

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

Nightraider

It would be cool if the LegendRank will be added on PE server :)