News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

[Rust] Server changelog

Started by Dpa1991, May 23, 2016, 04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Super Fun Time EU HUNT|CLANS|REMOVETOOL|REWARDS [superfuntime.org]

How about this ?

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Izzdaer

I'm back

@Towelie I think that looks alright.

@Dpa1991 I read on a lot of forums that it was in fact the oxide update not the rust update that broke the quarries, but for some people not others, a weird occurrence for sure but it wasn't just us. The changes you did look great. Did you use the in game commands with the item in your hand for the donation items or add them manually because I couldn't get the in game to work >.<

There's a few more plugins I and @RallyReaper want that I'll get sorted out today.

- Izz

Jyncs

Quote from: Towelie on May 24, 2016, 04:52 AM
Quote from: BattleAxium on May 24, 2016, 04:44 AM
Quote from: Towelie on May 24, 2016, 04:38 AMSo uhm, ideas on how to get more players onto it?
I already talked to @Izzdaer about promoting it on more rust server sites but he's on a roadtrip atm.

Like I said, you're competing with lots of bigger servers. The only way to survive against them is to put some time into development. Not just plugins you can find anywhere, but custom, made in-house plugins that will attract people. Not only that, but moving the server to Canada might help.
I'm trying but so far nobody has been willing to make any custom plugins and money is tight so paying someone to do it is not really an option.

Moving to canada uhm i'd only like that if it picks up and constantly gets over ~5 players because it's going to cost. (We're cutting down costs, cancellign servers left and right)

Quote from: Jyncs on May 23, 2016, 07:59 PMSweet! Two rockets and 2 C4 could not get through a door.

Also PM me what type of mods we would want to enhance and I will see if I can set up an environment to work on it.

Towelie

Quote from: Jyncs on May 24, 2016, 11:40 AM
Quote from: Towelie on May 24, 2016, 04:38 AMSo uhm, ideas on how to get more players onto it?
I already talked to @Izzdaer about promoting it on more rust server sites but he's on a roadtrip atm.

Like I said, you're competing with lots of bigger servers. The only way to survive against them is to put some time into development. Not just plugins you can find anywhere, but custom, made in-house plugins that will attract people. Not only that, but moving the server to Canada might help.
I'm trying but so far nobody has been willing to make any custom plugins and money is tight so paying someone to do it is not really an option.

Moving to canada uhm i'd only like that if it picks up and constantly gets over ~5 players because it's going to cost. (We're cutting down costs, cancellign servers left and right)

Quote from: Jyncs on May 23, 2016, 07:59 PMSweet! Two rockets and 2 C4 could not get through a door.

Also PM me what type of mods we would want to enhance and I will see if I can set up an environment to work on it.
@Izzdaer @Dpa1991  -> Jyncs is our guy! IF you have anything that you need modified by him let him know with me in CC.

Thank you @Jyncs  - appreciate it!

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

BattleAxium

May 24, 2016, 12:20 PM #29 Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 12:35 PM by BattleAxium

I started yesterday and got pretty close to remaking a plugin that's made for Pluton. Not sure if you'll install it or not when it's ready but it's something that'll be nice to have.

EDIT: Since you are going with Jyncs, I'll finish off whatever I'm working on, you can have it if you want, and I'll let Jyncs take over.

Jyncs

It doesn't have to be one person. We can collaborate. Having more than one dev will help make better mods. At work we do a code review as a group to help make each other better :D

BattleAxium

May 24, 2016, 12:41 PM #31 Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 12:59 PM by BattleAxium
Quote from: Jyncs on May 24, 2016, 12:39 PMIt doesn't have to be one person. We can collaborate. Having more than one dev will help make better mods. At work we do a code review as a group to help make each other better :D

Meh, it's not a problem working with people. I'm an SE major at college, we work in groups all the time :)
It's more of some people working on this server really don't like me so I would rather not intrude here.

But, I'm working on this in C# right now, since it seems to have the most support with the Oxide API. But, you could use Python, JS, Coffeescript, and lua as well.

Dpa1991

Quote from: Izzdaer on May 24, 2016, 08:13 AMI'm back

@Towelie I think that looks alright.

@Dpa1991 I read on a lot of forums that it was in fact the oxide update not the rust update that broke the quarries, but for some people not others, a weird occurrence for sure but it wasn't just us. The changes you did look great. Did you use the in game commands with the item in your hand for the donation items or add them manually because I couldn't get the in game to work >.<

There's a few more plugins I and @RallyReaper want that I'll get sorted out today.

- Izz

I got it to work with both console and in game

Jyncs

Quote from: BattleAxium on May 24, 2016, 12:41 PM
Quote from: Jyncs on May 24, 2016, 12:39 PMIt doesn't have to be one person. We can collaborate. Having more than one dev will help make better mods. At work we do a code review as a group to help make each other better :D

Meh, it's not a problem working with people. I'm an SE major at college, we work in groups all the time :)
It's more of some people working on this server really don't like me so I would rather not intrude here.

But, I'm working on this in C# right now, since it seems to have the most support with the Oxide API. But, you could use Python, JS, Coffeescript, and lua as well.

I encourage you to work on plugins. As a current Software Engineer you can always use the practice. There are many places when you go to interview that want you to do sample coding and you want to be prepared.

As for the other languages, they are ok however I would focus on .Net if you could. I know my company is always hiring new developers and is a great company.

BattleAxium

May 25, 2016, 12:38 AM #34 Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 12:46 AM by BattleAxium
Quote from: Jyncs on May 25, 2016, 12:04 AM
Quote from: BattleAxium on May 24, 2016, 12:41 PM

I encourage you to work on plugins. As a current Software Engineer you can always use the practice. There are many places when you go to interview that want you to do sample coding and you want to be prepared.

As for the other languages, they are ok however I would focus on .Net if you could. I know my company is always hiring new developers and is a great company.

Thanks for the advice Jyncs! I really appreciate it :) My university offers Co-op programs, so I'll take advantage of that as well. I finished the Auto Door plugin btw. Took me awhile since I had to get used to the Oxide API.

Izzdaer

Changes over the last few days:

- Tear it up added
- lusty map repaired
- Hunt RPG replaced with Zlevels
- DayVote repaired
- Better Chat updated
- Map reset
- Dpa updated server to latest version <3

New changes:

- Added Radtown Animals
- Configured Radtown Animals
- Updated server advertisement, including paid adverts on some lists
- Added Enhanced hammer.
- Added item skin randomizer
- Configured Announcer
- Updated and added to Guides section
- Added fishing mechanic

Anything else you want added/updated/changed please make a thread or pop it as a reply here and I will do my best!

- Izzy