Apr 27, 2024, 05:30 AM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

[Survival] Right Hand

Started by Towelie, Aug 19, 2016, 09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Seing as I believe my busy life has affected / is beginning to affect Survival, I have decided to choose a Right Hand.
This Right Hand is a Manager that will basically no longer be a Manager for the duration of their term. Instead they will serve a few clear purposes:

- Collect information of what players (Legends+ will be used as the representatives of players) want and what is not being done enough
- Make me aware of any problems that I am not aware of (such as glitches, bugs, unwanted functionality, but also conflicts between players which span larger than just two people fighting
- Gradually learn to do some of the things only I can do and which affect the server due to my inability of doing them (eg: deliver donator items, exchange vouchers, etc)
- Bring anything that I should be aware of and am not to my attention.

I have chosen @Katherine for a 1 month trial period as my Right Hand, effective Monday August 22nd (which is coincidentally also my birthday).

What the Right Hand isn't and will never be:
- My replacement
- Another owner

I am not looking for someone to take over Survival for me, I am only looking for someone who will prod me with a cattle prod and tell me "do this, you need to do this today", and who will effectively prioritize stuff I need to do to match my very little time.
I have very high expectations of the person that is going to be my right hand such as:
- Loyalty
- Involvement
- Initiative
- The desire to help and invest their time
- The perspicacity of doing things in a way that will be good for me and the server.

Because of this, I don't know who I will ultimately keep as my right hand, but until I find that person, I will do one month trials with various Managers+ which I choose based on my personal preference and ideas.

Share your thoughts on this. Is this a good thing? Is this a bad thing? What else should the right hand do? What shouldn't the right hand do? Remember, we're not talking about a person yet, but about a function.

PS: When I finally find someone that is suitable for the position I will keep them as right hand until I think it's needed or until they are no longer doing a good job. During their term, they will bear a rank which is basically Admin with a different prefix and will be exempt from Manager/Admin duties but they will have a lot of new duties from me xD

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

one227

I personally think this is a great idea, You are busy with your real life stuff and means we can pester your right hand instead.

Its a great idea and it will get some pressure/stress off you ! :)

TheStarNomad✯

Amazing idea, this is exaclty what you needed

Long time StarNomad

ping99811

Darth_Noob

stormshooter

So will each manager be getting a trial period?

xQuicScopex

i love the idea but i thought mrepicwonder had this position already? xD

Patrail_

Great idea Towelie btw, you're birthday is really close to mine! Mine being on the 20th
High stress is fun stress, am I right?
 Pocket Edition Manager

Kamer

Love the idea, think it will really make a difference!  :)

blalp

Have a fantastic day!

Doctor_Thanos

That's a really good idea!

You are really busy in general and you certainly need an assistant!

Mrs_Ender88

Great idea and good luck.
Life is what you make it, so make it great.
Love with all your heart.
❤Mrs_Ender❤ - Today at 2:25 PM >8ball should I be binned?
HovenBOT - Today at 2:25 PM As I see it, yes

MrRed2016

Aug 19, 2016, 05:08 PM #12 Last Edit: Aug 20, 2016, 02:29 AM by MrRed2016
When I saw this, this is the first 2 things that popped into my mind:

* Right hands were broken in Survival

* You hurt your left hand

* You hurt your right hand

Then I read it and was like "oh..."

Anyways, good luck @Katherine!

Towelie

Quote from: TeraStorm on Aug 19, 2016, 11:48 AMSo will each manager be getting a trial period?
No, we had a special apply for right hand thingie and I will do the choosing until I'm satisfied with someone

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Towelie

Quote from: xQuicScopex on Aug 19, 2016, 12:18 PMi love the idea but i thought mrepicwonder had this position already? xD
he was my secretary , he was supposed to remind me of stuff xD

Tombo_

What about your left hand? 😉

Darth_Noob

MrEpicWonder

Quote from: Towelie on Aug 19, 2016, 05:56 PM
Quote from: xQuicScopex on Aug 19, 2016, 12:18 PMi love the idea but i thought mrepicwonder had this position already? xD
he was my secretary , he was supposed to remind me of stuff xD
Would be 101% more effective if my laptop wasn't broke :(
Quote from: Towelie on Dec 16, 2015, 09:12 AMI'd still like to see the nativity scene re-enacted in minecraft while I eat popcorn and mock Christians
Quote from: Towelie on Jan 17, 2016, 08:45 AMSending me any inappropriate pictures will cause you to get banned (unless you are a female and 18+)

AidenBwah

This seems interesting to say the least.
Quote from: Towelie on Aug 19, 2016, 09:56 AM- Collect information of what players (Legends+ will be used as the representatives of players) want and what is not being done enough
I'm willing to help out as much as needed, being a legend.

ochoaj

Left hands are better.  8)
"Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech."
― Benjamin Franklin