Quote from: Palker on Apr 21, 2021, 05:02 AMQuote from: Groot_69 on Apr 21, 2021, 03:41 AMWe've sort of been forced to use it though... Because of the hopper change. All of my farms etc broke because of the change and now I'm forced to do a ton of slimefun and I'm guessing a lot of people are in the same situation.Quote from: Palker on Apr 20, 2021, 03:21 PMThese are the following "problems" that I can find with Survival in its current state:
- Slimefun doesn't fit well in Survival, it is a plugin that would be a better fit in Modded Minecraft. The advanced machines and systems that you can make are also way too complicated for the average player, especially for the younger players. I personally don't have a huge problem with them, but I've had to do loads of research outside of SFT in order to understand how everything works(for example on their Github repo).
- I'd like to see more focus towards the endgame of Survival on SFT. It usually just takes a few days(if not less) to make it to the "endgame" of Minecraft depending on how much you play. We can assume that the vast majority of our players are situated in the endgame so adding content/plugins or changing something to make endgame more fun should be a huge priority. The mining and fishing plugins are a great example of this, but I believe we need more things to do like with mining and fishing.
- The endgame activities like the mining and fishing plugins only cover 2 specific "branches" of activities. For example, there is no plugin that would allow farmers to progress further into the endgame of Survival like there is for mining and fishing. I know that there are plenty of farmers on SFT that would love a plugin that would function in a similar way as the fishing/mining plugin does.
- Regarding the economy, I believe that there should be more alternative ways of making money on SFT, the only big way to make money on SFT is having a successful autoshop or by doing mining/fishing. This makes it very repetitive in the end, I'm not saying that it should be easier to make money, just that more methods of doing so would benefit the players as they won't burn out while doing the same thing over and over again to get the money that they can spend on survival projects. Some emporium price adjustments could be made so that doing other activities are also viable, such as woodcutting, farming/herbalism, alchemy, taming/breeding animals, hunting mobs, or similar. Mining and fishing are so OP compared to other activities that it makes doing anything else feel like a waste of time from a "money-making perspective".
- Better rewards in general. Again, from a money-making perspective, voting/events/challenges, etc are not worth doing whatsoever if we only take the money into account. If the rewards were increased, we could assume that more players would be interested in participating. I've personally had that feeling a lot of times, why should I go do spleef to get 10-20k if I can do fishing/mining or similar to get 10x the reward? Voting is a different story, most people including myself only do it to support the server, but I'd assume that some people do it just for the rewards and the rewards aren't that "attractive" when you can do plenty of other activities and get similar(or better) return with less hassle.
- I think adding some sort of "Hunting" or battle mechanic that could serve as an activity would be interesting as well, just like we had the Elite Mobs in the past. I think if implemented correctly, with decent rewards, could be a success. Since there is no real PvP aspect of Survival atm, enchanting loads of gear is pretty much useless unless you just wanna look cool. Adding mobs or bosses of some sort that allows the player to get an attractive reward worth their time in comparison to the other activities like mining/fishing could be something really fun for the players. This would also let players help each other to face the mobs/bosses. Alternatively that it is implemented as a "minigame" of sorts like the mob arena minigame we used to have(unless it's still a thing, I have no idea) but with decent rewards so that it is worth doing.
I'll edit my post if I come up with anything else, but that's all I can think of for now. I hope these pointers help!
I don't see how Sliemfun is an issue at all. If you don't wanna mess with slimefun then don't but I feel like a lot of people actually like it so why not keep it in? It doesn't interfere with anything in survival if you don't wanna use it or play with it.
Your not forced to use it. Make your farms smaller or whatever. You can still have 100 hoppers