Apr 27, 2024, 07:39 AM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

Do you feel like the staff members patronize you?

Started by Towelie, Oct 31, 2015, 11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you feel like the staff members patronize you? (Act like they are your bosses)

Yes, both JMods and Mods do that
17 (20.5%)
Yes, JMods do that
16 (19.3%)
Yes, Mods do that
2 (2.4%)
Nope. They do a great job
41 (49.4%)
No. I think they need to do that or players wouldn't understand
7 (8.4%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Voting closed: Nov 04, 2015, 11:16 AM

Towelie

Oct 31, 2015, 11:14 AM Last Edit: Oct 31, 2015, 11:18 AM by Towelie
Please vote in the poll.
Afterwards, explain your vote if possible!

This post was started following Nicholas' post.
Quote from: NicholasPlayswell i've been on sft for like a year, i think. i just truly don't like the staffs i'm just being real here. mostly Jmod's only and some others.. Jmod's just kind of piss me off they just act like they're the boss of this server. Here's an example: Me: can you stop kicking me and just talk to me in chat? Jmod: *Kick's NicholasPlays for talking back* Its just really annoying. I know they are beginners but it makes me mad and I just don't want to play anymore

He's not the only person feeling that, I've seen a few people say the same so I want to know if it's a generally perceived issue or just by some players.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

omelott

Oct 31, 2015, 11:37 AM #1 Last Edit: Oct 31, 2015, 11:44 AM by omelott
In all honesty, I absolutely love the staff!

It really depends on what staff member you are talking about. Some staff members can be quite intolerant to disruptive behavior, whilst others tend to be more laid-back. Nonetheless, they continue to execute their duties appropriately, according to what they are expected to do.

In addition to my claim, I've been noticing that some players (I'm not trying to point any fingers), continue to ignore staff, despite any warnings, kicks and bans. Some take note of these activities and use them to frame staff members, not giving the whole story. Every time I've seen this happen, staff members have responded appropriately. Why else would they have been accepted into these positions?

Come on guys, staff is only trying to help you! Not make things worse. :)

stormshooter

I'm gonna get a lot of hate for saying this, but honestly it's usually ex mods who complain about the JMods. Personally I think they're some of the best JMods we've had in a while.
I'd say stop making a fuss about how JMods acted in 'your day' and just let them get on with their jobs.

SkullzCrew

The staff I see when I play are actually very nice, always willing to chat or see something that you've built or done.  They're good at treating you as equals, and even if something goes wrong they're willing to keep helping you out.  For example, today someone was killed at simonsays (forgot the name, someone can say if they want).  American_Walrus was there and he said he'd talk to the killer, The_Bill_Rekts.  He also tried to get stuff for him and help him out, tell him how he could stay around, but the person killed overreacted for quite a long time, continuously saying he'd quit over and over, doing the general thing of asking for a ban and generally going against people.

After some time it did dissolve into a 'don't disrespect me' sort of argument, but I think it's necessary to assert some authority when it gets to a point that the person involved can't be helped any other way.  The staff at least follow a fair 'innocent until proven guilty' concept, and try to help people to contribute; after all, rehabilitation is better than punishment, in my opinion.  However, following masses of drama for about half an hour, the person killed was eventually given a time ban (I think 5 days), which was good to let other players online continue having a pleasant time.

Jukipal

Yes this does happen but not with everysingle staff member, and not everyday. When I was a Mod I had really bad days and I got "pissed" easily and might've said something a bit mean to someone who I was trying to talk to. But this does not apply to everyone or all the time. Most of the time JMods does this. Usually the JMods that does this are first time Staff member ever, and they feel like they can do anything. I admit. First time I was a staff member on other games, I was greedy with my powers and stuff but yeah. They just need time to be as a Staff member. It is not easy, I can tell that. So many things are happening. For example "Mod mod please someone is griefing" "Modmod come protect this" questions after questions all the time (I know those two examples werent questions but you get my point). It is a bit frustrating.

But yes. I voted that "Does happen on JMods" Since what I have only seen, its only JMods that does this. Just let them get used to it and talk to them. If you get banned. Then go talk to HoS and you should be fine since it was a false ban. And do not get mad if a new JMod does kick/ban you for some stupid reason. Dont start yelling like "WTF you f***ing A**hole why the F did you kick me omfg you are so f***ing bad! I hate you" Dont be like that. Then you are just making it worse. Just politely ask them "Yo whats up?" or something like that. They are new to their job so. Yeah :D Just give them some time and if it happens a lot, contact HoS about it and take screenshots.

//-Jukipal

Jukipal

And as I said. This does not apply to every single one of the players. And if you see a staff member acting like a d**khead then he might just have a bad day. But if it continues then something isnt right

Tombo_

I do not think they patronize players however I do think that on the odd occasion they can come across as sarcastic, almost being too nice which I personally find annoying but understandably isn't what everyone feels.

Towelie

If this is an isolated issue and not a global one, than please, for the love of god, rather than complaining and bitching and making SFT a bad image, report the bad staff to me/cr1 and we will handle it.
Include proof!

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

ironman3000

I've never really seen anything happen where a JMod completely abuses a player and kicks or bans him constantly. But as dealing with JMods for a long time now, the only time they really do something wrong is when they don't understand how to do something properly or there is just too many issues going on at once and they get overwhelmed.

Cr1_98

Quote from: Towelie on Oct 31, 2015, 02:50 PMIf this is an isolated issue and not a global one, than please, for the love of god, rather than complaining and bitching and making SFT a bad image, report the bad staff to me/cr1 and we will handle it.
Include proof!
This. It has been said countless times this is the course of action you need to take if something like this comes up. Just coming on to the forum and complaining with no real evidence or basis doesn't help anyone. Letting Towelie and I know in a PM makes it a billion times easier for the problem to be solved.

JMods are not perfect. No one is. 99% of the time though they are trying their best to get their job done. It also requires all of you as the players who seem to be the ones who hate/be affected by this so much to pitch in and maybe offer constructive criticism to help them improve as a staff member rather than shoot them down for every little thing they do wrong.  

Loasty

Quote from: ironman3000 on Oct 31, 2015, 03:20 PMI've never really seen anything happen where a JMod completely abuses a player and kicks or bans him constantly. But as dealing with JMods for a long time now, the only time they really do something wrong is when they don't understand how to do something properly or there is just too many issues going on at once and they get overwhelmed.

This honestly is probably the biggest thing people need to realize, being a staff for the first time usually isnt the easiest thing to do. It takes practice and knowledge to be a good staff and thats how people manage to get to admin :P

Also, notice how all the comments so far are supporting the staff, yet look at the poll results and notice how people are saying that the jmods and mods are doing such... why arent they posting their reasoning?   Just seems odd to me :P
Pixelmon Admin
Need assistance? contact me on discord @ Loasty#4663

JinxOnTheLoose

Quote from: FrostyRaiden on Oct 31, 2015, 05:45 PMAlso, notice how all the comments so far are supporting the staff, yet look at the poll results and notice how people are saying that the jmods and mods are doing such... why arent they posting their reasoning?   Just seems odd to me :P

I totally agree with this. If you're going to vote those options, please say your opinion in the comments. Remember that you can always have your say, it helps out a lot. :)

kracken55

I find some newer jmods can get a little excited with some situations but in all my time with sft I've never seen an abusive or extremly aggressive jmod or mod.

Its the bloomin admins that abuse
#ironman3000

nicholiplays

Are the staffs voting? Because I only want to see the people that aren't staff only vote otherwise its not fair.
me after hitting a fat bong:

Chill2000

Quote from: NicholasPlays on Oct 31, 2015, 09:46 PMAre the staffs voting? Because I only want to see the people that aren't staff only vote otherwise its not fair.
I doubt many staff are voting as it would throw the vote of course.
Quote from: xavidram on Dec 22, 2013, 09:37 AMThe internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.

ashley_luna

Quote from: Chill2000 on Oct 31, 2015, 09:50 PM
Quote from: NicholasPlays on Oct 31, 2015, 09:46 PMAre the staffs voting? Because I only want to see the people that aren't staff only vote otherwise its not fair.
I doubt many staff are voting as it would throw the vote of course.
if we voted then it wouldn't be fair this is for how the players feel :)

Mudkipzstar123

[Pocket] JMods And Mods Are Ignorant And Incompetent They Ignore/Accuse/Be Rude To Ppl They Have Harassed/ignored/Been Rude To/Accused/Banned For No Reason Multiple Players (Including Myself)

MrC0W

Quote from: Mudkipzstar123 on Nov 01, 2015, 12:48 AM[Pocket] JMods And Mods Are Ignorant And Incompetent They Ignore/Accuse/Be Rude To Ppl They Have Harassed/ignored/Been Rude To/Accused/Banned For No Reason Multiple Players (Including Myself)

Staff wouldn't just ban, harass, kick etc for no reason. If you've disobeyed the rules you'll be punished for it. 99% of the time the choices staff make are correct. As Towelie and Cr1 clearly stated in the messages above, in any instance of staff being rude/harassing, take screenshots and send it to owners or admins of the server you play on. Just simply complaining in several posts that I have seen of yours wont get you very far at all.

MrShadow94

All of the staff that i have worked with for a while in survival are not abusive with their powers, they are kind, they devote most of their time to help out alot of new players without bad attitude or negative responses to make them feel welcomed and safe in the server.   

_iTzReKtPvp_

Quote from: Towelie on Oct 31, 2015, 02:50 PMIf this is an isolated issue and not a global one, than please, for the love of god, rather than complaining and bitching and making SFT a bad image, report the bad staff to me/cr1 and we will handle it.
Include proof!
In minecraft PC i dont know, but on MCPE staffs are doing a great job!
Former Pocket Manager

Towelie

As of now, I will completely ignore any reports about our staff team unless they have  a name and proof attached to them.

Example of things I will ignore, and even warn for: "JMods are bad, they do this"
Example of a good report: "JMod X was very rude and offensive to me yesterday on Survival. Screenshot:"
If the reports concern actions that happened in chat, you can give us an exact phrase of what the offending staff members aid to you but it needs to be EXACTLY the same. So for example if they told you "You suck!" you tell us "JMod said "You suck!". Case sensitive!!!

CallMeLucky5

I don't understand why players make a point of this. I think the staff do a great job of keeping the server amazing and fun like it has been to me for 3+ years.
Everyone, just please keep in mind that all staff are volunteers who keep the server fun for you, and all you have to do is be nice back.
To all SFT staff, keep doing what you're doing, because you all do a great job.

Mudkipzstar123

Quote from: MrUltimateCowHD on Nov 01, 2015, 01:07 AM
Quote from: Mudkipzstar123 on Nov 01, 2015, 12:48 AM[Pocket] JMods And Mods Are Ignorant And Incompetent They Ignore/Accuse/Be Rude To Ppl They Have Harassed/ignored/Been Rude To/Accused/Banned For No Reason Multiple Players (Including Myself)

Staff wouldn't just ban, harass, kick etc for no reason. If you've disobeyed the rules you'll be punished for it. 99% of the time the choices staff make are correct. As Towelie and Cr1 clearly stated in the messages above, in any instance of staff being rude/harassing, take screenshots and send it to owners or admins of the server you play on. Just simply complaining in several posts that I have seen of yours wont get you very far at all.

If they didn't want ppl to complain they wouldn't have posted this bloody topic!

jimbob0102

I'm not really getting this. Is this saying that some staff members (mostly JMods from what I've read) are being a bit abusive towards players and their perms?

Loasty

Quote from: jimbob_11 on Nov 01, 2015, 03:36 PMI'm not really getting this. Is this saying that some staff members (mostly JMods from what I've read) are being a bit abusive towards players and their perms?
there is many users who complain about the abilities and doings of staff members, but never bother providing proof or even stating who the problem is, they just overall complain as its something for them to complain about.   Only 1 person has stated on here how they feel about the staff and they are currently banned + angered which is visible in every post they make.
Pixelmon Admin
Need assistance? contact me on discord @ Loasty#4663