Apr 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

Suggest new servers for us to host

Started by Towelie, Aug 12, 2015, 03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N193582

Maybe a CTF (Capture The Flag) Server that is a minigame that i have always been wanting to play but can never find a decent server to play that gamemode

happypinecones

Quote from: GRIMI_ on Aug 12, 2015, 11:41 AM
Quote from: happypinecones on Aug 12, 2015, 07:15 AMPrison is unlikely to be added as I think more then once towelie has added it and it caused so much commotion and the player count dropped within 2 weeks. It would most likely be a waste of time adding it.

As someone involved with prison throughout its lifespan, I can confidently attribute the failure of the prison server to a number of things that should've been done, but weren't. The server wasn't set up in a way that when the flow of players from SFT ended, another flow of players would take their place. That's why after a few weeks, when everyone from SFT had tried it, and figured out if they wanted to spend time on it, the player count dropped, and never reached close to that high again. If a server like prison was to come about again, it would have to be properly set up to account for attracting new players to the community, rather than feeding off other SFT servers like the last one. In the earlier stages of the prison, it was agreed that once this original high fell off, we would introduce it to server sites, and add voting rewards such as drugs.

However this never happened, and due to me being taken off the project by Battle and djay (I honestly have no idea why, but to this day I don't get credit for the hours of work i put into that map and server, never mind the contributions to the mechanics of the server...) I'm not sure why it never happened. It was known and proved during BETA of the server that once players finished they would need something to do, and would most likely lose interest fast after this. So fresh players needed to be introduced to our community and server to keep things interesting, and to keep things working properly.

I personally would love to see another prison server, as the concept was obviously well loved, and many things were done right, but in the end a couple of failures led to its demise. I still believe in its success.

Ahh okay. Thank you grimi for clearing that up. You obviously know a lot more then me and after what you have said I could see it working again.

krankenstein20

Chill2000

Quote from: omelott on Aug 12, 2015, 02:18 PMHave you ever considered running a build battles minigame? (Players are given a plot to build on, in which they are given 5 minutes to build a specified object using creative inventory. After 5 minutes is up, players are given the ability to rate other's builds (but not their own).
I'm fairly sure we have this in w3
Quote from: xavidram on Dec 22, 2013, 09:37 AMThe internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.

fungaby

Chill2000

Quote from: xavidram on Dec 22, 2013, 09:37 AMThe internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.

fungaby

Quote from: Chill2000 on Aug 12, 2015, 07:18 PM
Quote from: fungaby on Aug 12, 2015, 07:13 PMMinigames?  ;D
/w3 :)
No i mean A server full of mini games like dragon escape, art contests, etc..

Tombo_

Chill2000

Quote from: Cocobutter03 on Aug 12, 2015, 07:34 PMHide and seek! 8)
Is a minecraft version of the gmod prop hunt possible or maybe minecraft TTT?

Brightpkz

Quote from: Chill2000 on Aug 12, 2015, 03:21 PM
Quote from: omelott on Aug 12, 2015, 02:18 PMHave you ever considered running a build battles minigame? (Players are given a plot to build on, in which they are given 5 minutes to build a specified object using creative inventory. After 5 minutes is up, players are given the ability to rate other's builds (but not their own).

We don't. What we have in /w3 are plots for build contests, but players don't get creative, and the time given to them is way more than a mere 5minutes. Also, the builds are rated by peers, rather than host. Which means the "build battles" omelott was proposing is automatic, rather than our one in /w3 which HAS to have a host to watch.

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

Chill2000

Quote from: Brightpkz on Aug 12, 2015, 08:03 PM

We don't. What we have in /w3 are plots for build contests, but players don't get creative, and the time given to them is way more than a mere 5minutes. Also, the builds are rated by peers, rather than host. Which means the "build battles" omelott was proposing is automatic, rather than our one in /w3 which HAS to have a host to watch.

yeah we also had this not sure if we still have it

stormshooter

Quote from: Chill2000 on Aug 12, 2015, 08:04 PM

Mhm we had draw my thing for a bit.

Brightpkz

Quote from: Chill2000 on Aug 12, 2015, 08:04 PM

Well, you did say you were sure we "have" this in w3... I never talked about whether or not we had it in the past...
Quote from: Chill2000 on Aug 12, 2015, 03:21 PMI'm fairly sure we have this in w3

Which I doubt, because if we do, why isn't anyone asking people to join "/buildcontest" similarly to /mobarena and automatic minigames of that sort... xd

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

ParisGrace

I would like to see creative Plots, and maybe The Walls?

TheStarNomad✯

Quote from: ParisGrace on Aug 12, 2015, 08:28 PMI would like to see creative Plots, and maybe The Walls?
Well tbh, the Creative server is almost left out here, and idk much about it, but I'm sure someone said it used to be popular. Now it only gets a few people (which stop playing or go to other SFT servers) and is mostly empty for the majority of the day.
I know this is about new servers to host, but there are a lot of pure creative servers out there, and some are popular. I know a few people love playing on SFT creative, maybe because it's quieter or because they don't have to gather materials; but no-one really does anything to make it better because they're either busy with something else more important, or they don't have the power to do anything. (and ik saywhat put time into making ranks for this server to finally remove the strain of the yellow ranks(tysm for that))

However a lot of people say Creative is boring, and it's filled with a lot of builds of people who have built something, got bored, then left. (saywhat did expand the world a bit to make some space (ty for that too))

Though people have said that having to flatten the land before building is very tedious, and since TNT is disabled  as well as being stuck in creative so you can't use a shovel/pickaxe to excavate faster, this makes it even worse. I remember having to clear out such a massive patch of land, that it literally took me all day to finally finish, and my patience was put to the test.

So my suggestion, like ParisGrace's, is to add back the Creative plots, and maybe even introduce the nether to add more territory and variation.
(I also have more suggestions for the Creative server, if this were to be considered)

Apart from that though, there isn't really that much more you can host that'll be popular so I agree with bringing back the prison server, since it used to be popular and was brought down by a couple of mistakes.

Long time StarNomad

clard

Command block server?
There are tons and tons of one command mods/minigames out there, so maybe a server dedicated to running these. Maybe even some adventure maps, although I'm not sure if they'd need modification. There are lucky blocks, archimedes ships, superheroes and that's just what I can think of off the top of my head. A lot of players either want us to have a modded server, or want to play on one but don't have the client. There could even be weekly/monthly/daily commands, depending on the popularity and compatibility with other commands.

ironman3000

Bring back yee old tekkit classic ;)

nyllekFTW

Can we have a TF2 server? That would be awesome.

lioneatszebra

brb, living offline

Towelie

Quote from: djkirsh on Aug 13, 2015, 02:06 AMCrafting Dead
We had that like twice. It's poorly written, has a lot of bugs and  not a lot of players seemed to be interested in it.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Towelie

Quote from: KellynH on Aug 13, 2015, 01:18 AMCan we have a TF2 server? That would be awesome.
We had two or three so far. People play for about a week or so and afterwards it gets abandoned

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Towelie

Quote from: ironman3000 on Aug 13, 2015, 12:56 AMBring back yee old tekkit classic ;)
That's not gonna happen for now. Dpa had some ideas but he's dealing with some situations IRL and I doubt he has time to work on them atm.

Towelie

Quote from: Dracorex on Aug 12, 2015, 09:43 PM
Quote from: ParisGrace on Aug 12, 2015, 08:28 PMI would like to see creative Plots, and maybe The Walls?
Well tbh, the Creative server is almost left out here, and idk much about it, but I'm sure someone said it used to be popular. Now it only gets a few people (which stop playing or go to other SFT servers) and is mostly empty for the majority of the day.
I know this is about new servers to host, but there are a lot of pure creative servers out there, and some are popular. I know a few people love playing on SFT creative, maybe because it's quieter or because they don't have to gather materials; but no-one really does anything to make it better because they're either busy with something else more important, or they don't have the power to do anything. (and ik saywhat put time into making ranks for this server to finally remove the strain of the yellow ranks(tysm for that))

However a lot of people say Creative is boring, and it's filled with a lot of builds of people who have built something, got bored, then left. (saywhat did expand the world a bit to make some space (ty for that too))

Though people have said that having to flatten the land before building is very tedious, and since TNT is disabled  as well as being stuck in creative so you can't use a shovel/pickaxe to excavate faster, this makes it even worse. I remember having to clear out such a massive patch of land, that it literally took me all day to finally finish, and my patience was put to the test.

So my suggestion, like ParisGrace's, is to add back the Creative plots, and maybe even introduce the nether to add more territory and variation.
(I also have more suggestions for the Creative server, if this were to be considered)

Apart from that though, there isn't really that much more you can host that'll be popular so I agree with bringing back the prison server, since it used to be popular and was brought down by a couple of mistakes.
Quite honestly, everyone is swamped with stuff to do.
We'll try to do it when we can but I can't guarantee it'll happen very soon

Cbossminer