Jun 06, 2024, 09:19 AM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

[Survival] The Unpopular Update

Started by Towelie, Jul 09, 2015, 08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhadoo13

Quote from: omelott on Jul 10, 2015, 07:06 PM
Quote from: Green_Giant on Jul 10, 2015, 11:10 AM
Quote from: omelott on Jul 10, 2015, 11:04 AMIn all honesty, I believe that players should become more self sufficient, when it comes to obtaining resources. I understand that taxes are being used to take away money circulating in the economy, but players should be taking a role in this struggle too. Autoshop owners should take action in restoring item values, by increasing their sell prices and lowering their buy prices. It's a risky move to make, but it could contribute to a more-stabalized economy.

Buying diamonds for 1,600 emp doesn't feel like minecraft to me. Last time I heard, diamonds were the rarest mineral in minecraft.
I really wish this would happen, but in reality it won't. If someone raises their prices like they should, then some other greedy autoshop owner won't. And then the person who raised their prices will make no money causing them to drop it again. Unless all autoshop owners did it collectively this will never happen.

If there was ever a chance, I'd love to see autoshop owners come to such an agreement. The economy relies on their choices, yet competition drives some owners ignorant of the struggles. :(

What if new players aren't granted 5,000 emp at the start? Pehaps taking away this feature could contribute to maintaining the amount of emp circulating in the economy.

Or what about voting rewards? Any player can easily earn anywhere from 16,000 - 40,000 emp from voting daily. Perhaps the rewards could be cut.

Omelott, please read the post I made.

Quoteyet competition drives some owners ignorant of the struggles. :(
Auto owners don't decide where the economy of the server goes, period.

Grimi, it's not EMP inflation, it's product inflation. Players are producing too many ores (diamonds and stuff), prices go down and then everyone complains. Half of my chests in my shop are empty on wood, wool, glass, clay, bricks and many others and there is a good demand for them. I'm the only one supplying these items (I'm not buying from emp). The economy is fine, the players are only fixated on diamonds and other stuff from mining. Even so, I do insist on eliminating the EMP, it should change things for the better.

Ores are gone, there is money in other products, even if it's smaller. Time to move on. Honestly, a full reset will only delay the same situation. After a full reset, the same stuff will happen shortly after because players already know how to get stuff fast.

Towelie

Please don't argue.
Autoshop owners aren't to blame for the inflation.
End of story.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

darknuju

If managing an economy was easy no one in the world would have financial struggle.....

Towelie

I'm thinking we should focus more on trying to find new wways for players to want to spend their money on.
Some that will still allow SFt to pay its bill (so no premium options for emp), and will drain the emp.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

tobminer

Maybe if you are Elite+ you can purchase a custom title colour and name for 10m empbucks that comes with buying tycoon rank? (Tow or someone that could change ranks would have to be on).

Also, I have told you this many times, but add /talk to /guishop, I will buy it and other may too.

BluetigerESW

Quote from: tobminer on Jul 10, 2015, 08:42 PMMaybe if you are Elite+ you can purchase a custom title colour and name for 10m empbucks that comes with buying tycoon rank? (Tow or someone that could change ranks would have to be on).

Also, I have told you this many times, but add /talk to /guishop, I will buy it and other may too.
It would make chat look like it's on lsd if that was implemented.

Also, /talk is already available to buy with Tycoon, so no need.
I enjoy the act of xD-ing, like if you agree

tobminer

I have all perms that come with tycoon except the rank and /talk. Most auto owners do because they got ml with autoshop before towelie removed getting ml when you purchased autoshop. Also, big warps is pretty cheap, and it's also a donator item and a /guishop item, which is also part of tycoon, so Idk why /talk is such a big deal to sell in /guishop. Give people what they want, not make them pay extra for things they already have/don't want.

Also, I do believe this Towelie WANTS to find a way to make people spend money so the economy can "fix" itself. So he shouldn't care whether it's by adding more perms to guishop or making special ranks.

Towelie

Quote from: tobminer on Jul 13, 2015, 01:22 PMI have all perms that come with tycoon except the rank and /talk. Most auto owners do because they got ml with autoshop before towelie removed getting ml when you purchased autoshop. Also, big warps is pretty cheap, and it's also a donator item and a /guishop item, which is also part of tycoon, so Idk why /talk is such a big deal to sell in /guishop. Give people what they want, not make them pay extra for things they already have/don't want.

Also, I do believe this Towelie WANTS to find a way to make people spend money so the economy can "fix" itself. So he shouldn't care whether it's by adding more perms to guishop or making special ranks.

You also have to consider that we need revenue to pay server bills. If we could pay them with EmpBucks that'd be so cool, but sadly we can't xD

tobminer

Jul 13, 2015, 06:00 PM #58 Last Edit: Jul 13, 2015, 06:04 PM by Towelie
Ik you got high bills tow, but believe me, I am SURE you have more then enough to last a couple of years. Limax has donated hundreds and hundreds, possibly thousands of dollars to this server. So have others, so I don't think donations are needed for quite a long time.

Towelie

Sorry, I edited your post by mistake trying to write this reply:
We pay $600 only for server hosting.
We then pay $300 for advertising on average
We then have another $200-300 in development costs (this includes plugin development, graphic work, etc) (we don't pay devs , but when we have big projects, we do, and then there's stuff like banners and stuff.
We then have other unforseen costs (like we upgraded servers like 3 times in the last couple of months which causes us to lose hundreds)

So while we aren't doing bad with money ( i never said we were), believe me, we need a steady stream of revenue.
Could we operate more efficiently? Yes, if we sacrifice quality and other things.
^ FYI These are monthly costs

Towelie

PS: If it meant accepting a loss for a month or two that'd be acceptable, but what you're suggesting is reducing our monthly revenue, which would affect us negatively.

tobminer

Okay, how about this, EMPBUCK Sales, you know how you have donator shop deals sometimes? It could be for EMPBucks aswell! Post on forums and say from date to date how long the sale is, and you make a simple addon to /guishop or whatever you want to add for empbucks during this time.

Ultimatum599

Just asking but It seems like the discussion in the donator boards has come to an end after I posted, so idk what is happening with autoshop taxes. Would be nice for some feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brightpkz

Quote from: Ultimatum599 on Jul 21, 2015, 03:31 PMJust asking but It seems like the discussion in the donator boards has come to an end after I posted, so idk what is happening with autoshop taxes. Would be nice for some feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been stated on another post. Nothing changed with autoshop taxes.

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

Towelie