May 23, 2024, 06:57 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

DayZ Epoch 1.0.4.2 Server

Started by Towelie, May 06, 2014, 05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unrealistic

Quote from: Doomfarer on May 12, 2014, 09:00 PM
Regarding the Tow/Lift this isn't working on your Dayz Epoch server.
It's temporarily disabled due to the bug with moving trader buildings

IPwnCreeps

Agreed with jyncs. The pace at which you can gain and lose gear is fair and the missions arent OP. Really enjoy the server as it is except for the no towing (which i know is soon to come as soon as its updated) :)

RallyReaper

I removed the towing, till the one for just EPOCH is updated so that we can stop worring about people messing with the trader zones...

ExconHD

Quote from: rallyreaper on May 12, 2014, 11:14 PM
I removed the towing, till the one for just EPOCH is updated so that we can stop worring about people messing with the trader zones...
There's something else going on here that's causing it to happen and I'm sure it could be fixed

Doomfarer

Quote from: ExconHD on May 13, 2014, 07:21 PM
There's something else going on here that's causing it to happen and I'm sure it could be fixed

I kinda have to agree with Excon here, Ive been on other Epoch Chernarus servers and they're tow scripts work(some do have that screwed up issue where the nose of the towed vehicle is warped inside the towing vehicle) heck one had a neat mod for towing where you didnt have to get out of the vehicle to tow, just drive up mouse wheel and drive off.

RallyReaper

Quote from: Doomfarer on May 13, 2014, 08:27 PM
Quote from: ExconHD on May 13, 2014, 07:21 PM

I kinda have to agree with Excon here, Ive been on other Epoch Chernarus servers and they're tow scripts work(some do have that screwed up issue where the nose of the towed vehicle is warped inside the towing vehicle) heck one had a neat mod for towing where you didnt have to get out of the vehicle to tow, just drive up mouse wheel and drive off.

Yes, but you gotta remember, alot of servers like that have coding team's and can make stuff like that... we do not...

ExconHD

There are plenty of successful servers without dedicated teams or people with plugin coding knowledge....

RallyReaper

Quote from: ExconHD on May 14, 2014, 01:25 AM
There are plenty of successful servers without dedicated teams or people with plugin coding knowledge....

Well that may be true, our team of people working on it is literally a 2 man team... So, it WILL take time for things to work..

Jyncs

If anyone thinks they can do better, then volunteer.

Setup your own server locally to test on, create the scripts, test them out, pass them to rally for him to look over and then place onto the server.

If you can't, don't complain that the two people working on it cannot get it done as fast as you want. Volunteer work is done for free.

What is going to cause the server to shutdown this time is the people complaining too much. Those that are complaining  are not doing. We want you to point out the bugs, glitches, etc. However don't point out the problems and demand they get fixed without having a solution of your own, or else the volunteers will just simply quit and then we won't have a server to play on.

Seriously, quit bitching about things not getting fixed fast enough if you cannot come up with a fix for it yourself.

Eternal_Jamie

Loving the server, nice job rally. AI missions are brilliant, not too monotonous and have great rewards (just wish I had a bigger pack for that last one :C).

Towelie

Quote from: Jyncs on May 14, 2014, 12:35 PM
If anyone thinks they can do better, then volunteer.

Setup your own server locally to test on, create the scripts, test them out, pass them to rally for him to look over and then place onto the server.

If you can't, don't complain that the two people working on it cannot get it done as fast as you want. Volunteer work is done for free.

What is going to cause the server to shutdown this time is the people complaining too much. Those that are complaining  are not doing. We want you to point out the bugs, glitches, etc. However don't point out the problems and demand they get fixed without having a solution of your own, or else the volunteers will just simply quit and then we won't have a server to play on.

Seriously, quit bitching about things not getting fixed fast enough if you cannot come up with a fix for it yourself.
^

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

MosesRN

Just played an AI mission and DAMN they are smarter in the long term than you'd think. I was firing in one direction and they actually used flanking maneuvers and stuff like that which I thought was pretty cool.

Jyncs

Are the AI missions messed up? I didn't see one when I was on.

unrealistic

Quote from: Jyncs on May 14, 2014, 11:39 PM
Are the AI missions messed up? I didn't see one when I was on.
I've noticed something like this.
I sometimes get on, do missions and then none re-appear when I wait for like 20 minutes.
Pls boost mission spawn rate? <:

Doomfarer

To the admins / mods if you get a little time have a look at devistation . Com from what your saying this looks like what your slowly working towards on your server.

IPwnCreeps

Quote from: Doomfarer on May 15, 2014, 01:13 AM
To the admins / mods if you get a little time have a look at devistation . Com from what your saying this looks like what your slowly working towards on your server.
1. can you not post links randomly
2. what the hell does that link have anything to do with the server. what.

spen96

What?

BattleAxium

Quote from: IPwnCreeps on May 15, 2014, 01:27 AM
I think he's referring to devistationinc which has a few custom Epoch map scripts. It doesn't specify if these will work with the current version of epoch though so it will have to be tested first.

Doomfarer

May 15, 2014, 12:59 PM #94 Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 01:18 PM by Doomfarer

Dude angry much take a chill pill please.

and if you check dayzcommander it is current for both arma 2 oa(1.62.103718) and dayz epoch(1.0.4.2)

@BattleAxium Yes it running custom mods, the tow script in particular works and the lift script has a HUD that can be turned on to assist in lifting vehicles. Also might check out the token system they're employing might be something this server might want to try. You should also note that in the forums these guys help you install and setup this version of epoch.

Towelie

Will tell rally to take a look at this thread.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Towelie

There were over 1300 vehicles in the game. This is due to a bug in epoch, that fails to properly limit vehicles.
This ruined the gameplay as vehicles could be found everywhere and people could get rich at all times.
Also, destroyed vehicles weren't removed.

All of the above issues caused the framerate to drop considerally.
What I have done to fix this:

- Added a database task that runs every day that removes all destroyed vehicles
- Added a database task that deletes all vehicles with a last access date of more than 3 days (get in and out of your vehicle at least every 3 days to keep it).

Eternal_Jamie

Didn't imagine the groups of 10 vehicles I was finding were meant to be there, thanks for improving it towelie

Doomfarer

Quote from: Towelie on May 15, 2014, 06:02 PM
Will tell rally to take a look at this thread.

Thank you Towelie.

IPwnCreeps

Quote from: Doomfarer on May 15, 2014, 12:59 PM

Dude angry much take a chill pill please.

and if you check dayzcommander it is current for both arma 2 oa(1.62.103718) and dayz epoch(1.0.4.2)

@BattleAxium Yes it running custom mods, the tow script in particular works and the lift script has a HUD that can be turned on to assist in lifting vehicles. Also might check out the token system they're employing might be something this server might want to try. You should also note that in the forums these guys help you install and setup this version of epoch.
im nowhere near angry just confused. Also the link you posted has nothing to do with dayz?
As battle posted you posted the wrong link thats why I was confused, not angry.