Apr 27, 2024, 07:44 PM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

[Survival] What do you think of the current voting system?

Started by Towelie, Dec 22, 2014, 12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the current voting system?

I like it, we should keep it.
21 (33.3%)
I like it, we should keep it, but we should tweak rewards (comment in post)
22 (34.9%)
We should revert to the old one
20 (31.7%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: Dec 24, 2014, 12:15 PM

Towelie

Please vote in the poll and then comment explaining your vote.

Current Rewards:
Default Vote -> Gold Apple + 1k Emp
MinecraftServers.org vote  -> Cake + 2.5k Emp
Minestatus Vote -> 2 Cookies + 2k Emp
MCSL Vote -> Gold Carrot + 2.5k Emp

Lucky Votes:
1 in 8 chance to get an extra 3000 EmpBucks when voting
1 in 32 chance to get an extra 4000 EmpBucks

Cumulative Votes:

At 200 votes, get a Mystery Chest
At 500 votes, get a Jumbo Mystery Chest
At 1000 votes, get a million EmpBucks
Check with /votetop

Maximum emp gain per day ->  5 * default vote + MinecraftServers.org + Minestatus + MCSL + Lucky votes = 5000 + 2500 + 2000 + 5000 + 1 * 3000 + 1 * 4000  (this is considering that you get both lucky votes).
Total -> 21500 EmpBucks (not even counting the items)

Minimum EmpGain per day ->  5 * default vote + MinecraftServers.org + Minestatus + MCSL + Lucky votes = 5000 + 2500 + 2000 + 5000
Total -> 14500 EmpBucks (this would be if you got no Lucky Votes which is almost impossible)

NOTE:
-The reason I stopped using the old vote system and started using the new one was the lack of customization - every time I wanted to change a vote reward I had to bother ColesyM and I didn't have the freedom that I do now because I can't exactly go bother him 4 times / day to tweak things exactly to my liking
- I've seen people complain about the Vote Party. You need to understand that that is an entirely different plugin and does not make part of the new vote plugin. That's just a little something extra I added. If you don't like the rewards it gives, I could always remove it. It doesn't give everyone rewards, it's not meant to do that.
- The current voting rewards are just something that I did on the top of my head. They can be improved, but we cannot have random rewards or tiered rewards on this new voting system
- When suggesting vote rewards, please understand that it is impossible for us to give op items like diamonds and still maintain a decent economy.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Towelie

PS: What I don't get is - some of you are saying they liked the old vote system better. My question is, why didn't you vote then as much as you vote now? Because votes seem to be going a little better with the new system?

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Eternal_Jamie

The only thing I dislike from what I've used of it is that the votes no longer group, understand that was only possible due to it being Colesy's custom plugin thing before but it'd be nice if that were still present. Or if only the first vote per person in say a 10min period was broadcasted. Just feels a tad spammy sometimes with the vote party one as well.

Cr1_98

Personally I really like the voteparty thing and I would like it to stay.
For rewards I think maybe increase the amount of Emp bucks you get from lucky votes to 7,500 emp and Superlucky to 10,00. As thees votes are low chance I think it wouldn't be to bad for the economy and the extra emp would encourage votes.

Another idea I has is maybe each vote adds a little of money say 1k emp to the lotto pot this means the more votes the better the lotto hopefully then increasing votes. Also as the lotto only gives money to 3 people it hopefully shouldn't be to OP.

Towelie

Quote from: Eternal_Jamie on Dec 22, 2014, 12:18 PM
The only thing I dislike from what I've used of it is that the votes no longer group, understand that was only possible due to it being Colesy's custom plugin thing before but it'd be nice if that were still present. Or if only the first vote per person in say a 10min period was broadcasted. Just feels a tad spammy sometimes with the vote party one as well.
While this new way is spammy, i personally like it more because it's what gets players to vote. I hated the grouped messages, I mean i understand grouping votes if they happen in a ~5 second timeframe but i believe how we had it it was grouping too much.

itsConnor_

Just me or would it take 250 days to get the million EMPbucks? If I've calculated right, that's voting 4 times every day for over 8 months; it might deserve a bit more than a million EMPbucks!
Trainee & JMod July 2011-early 2012
Mod - summer 2012
Head of Hosts - December 2012 - July 2013
Steam

Cesspitsid

I like it a lot, the voteparty is cool too, I've never experienced one yet, but I hope to soon.

Green_Giant

Quote from: itsConnor_ on Dec 22, 2014, 12:31 PM
Just me or would it take 250 days to get the million EMPbucks? If I've calculated right, that's voting 4 times every day for over 8 months; it might deserve a bit more than a million EMPbucks!
There is actually 9 different websites that you can vote on (however I do not vote on Minebook because I don't want to make an account on there).

I really do like the new voting system in my opinion. You can see in chat that players are voting a lot more at this point, and I think when a new player see's all these votes in chat, it will give the server a good reputation, and maybe make the player vote so that their name can be seen in chat.

My only concern is the prizes you get from total votes. I feel like for 1000 votes, one million Emp isn't much, and you could increase that reward. Also, you can only get these prizes once? So, for example, say I get 1200 votes, I don't get another mystery chest. I feel like after 1000 votes, there is little incentive to vote again. Looping the prizes after you have gained 1000 votes would be a good idea (1200 for mystery chest, 1500 for jumbo mystery chest, 2000 votes for grand prize, 2200 votes for mystery chest etc.).

EDIT: Slightly surprised people want to revert back to the old one, or at least keep it as it is. I feel like some tweaks are necessary still to balance it.

Brightpkz

I like the system a lot. Benefits the people voting more as compared to the previous system. (Hence benefiting the server in more vote count). However, the item rewards are really lame if I have to be honest. Personally, I find vote tokens way better, but seeing as we now have the vote count rewards (200, 500 and 1000) it seems to be appropriate to say that it's fine. I suggest items to be changed to:

-Diamond

or increase item count of item rewards.

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

Barbacue2

I like the new voting system, except I agree with Jamie, it does get a bit spammy and annoying sometimes.

The Lovin Spoon

i liked the voting system when you didn't receive anything at all, but respect and gratefulness. People just dont give a shit anymore about the community, only the items, dont they?

itsConnor_

Quote from: brE on Dec 22, 2014, 02:02 PM
i liked the voting system when you didn't receive anything at all, but respect and gratefulness. People just dont give a shit anymore about the community, only the items, dont they?
Looks like it xD

It really does look like these websites are truly meaningless now with playerbases simply voting for the server, not due to how good it as, but for the rewards they get for doing so! Although, unfortunately, if you want votes, this is the path you have to take
Mod - summer 2012
Steam

Towelie

I am open to tweaking vote rewards so let me know what you think. But I wouldn't like to give diamonds and other rare items. PS: votes do matter for player base.

Posted using Tapatalk

SkullzCrew

I think it would be more motivating for the players if a super lucky vote was much rarer, but worth much more.  I think the amount of money on average given is good, I think that should be kept to a minimum but obviously the players are more motivated by higher sums.  Votetop is great, pretty much makes people compete over the amount of votes they have.  However perhaps rewards should be given to whoever is at the top of votetop every month or so, that would motivate people to go for the top better.

Cireshie

When voting, I don't care about the lucky/super lucky votes. It's more like an incentive or gift since it's random.

I, personally, think about what I'll get for each vote. I think the current system works fine, just with tweaking.

1. Add better items: Iron ingots? Wool? Wood? Steve co. Keys? 1.8 blocks? Yes, when we had the old, old system, people complained about getting wool, but now that we have banners, people might use it.

2. Maybe make vote parties more often. I'm saying this because the vote party crate I got had 2 bunny eggs. If all of them are around the same value, then it should occur more often.

Also, another thing to add is that people don't realize how good the system now is. They don't realize that you can get a mystery chest by voting. Once people get to that point, they'll want to vote more for the higher "tier".

Now that I think about it, it would be cool to make tiers for voting. For this, I think we could take out lucky votes, as a lucky vote could turn a vote from someone with 750+ votes to 10.5k.
If you've done 250+ votes, you get 2.5k per vote.
If you've done 500+ votes, you get 5k per vote.
If you've done 750+ votes, you get 7.5k per vote.
Something like this.

EDIT: What's the deal with minebook? Do we vote on there? Pretty sure we don't get rewards from that one.

Green_Giant

One thing i've noticed about this poll: so "revert back to the old one" is the winning option, however none of these people that chose this are commenting and explaining why. Doesn't making a poll vote and not explaining it just make your vote pointless?

Also I agree with Cireshie somewhat, the idea of re-adding wool and mob eggs as vote rewards is a nice idea. Also increased money from high voting is a nice idea, however maybe the amounts given by Cireshie is a little high.

itsConnor_

Quote from: Green_Giant on Dec 22, 2014, 02:58 PM
One thing i've noticed about this poll: so "revert back to the old one" is the winning option, however none of these people that chose this are commenting and explaining why. Doesn't making a poll vote and not explaining it just make your vote pointless?

The grass is always greener on the other side, I suppose.
Mod - summer 2012
Steam

TheGoldenKibby

I don't have any suggestions of my own, but I agree eith just about every tweak mentioned above. I like the work put into this.

Can't wait to start voting!

Long Goner

What I liked most from the old vote system was the tiered votes and vote tokens. I especially like the vote tokens, since it's now the only way to get perms such as fly without getting staff. For the tiered votes, I don't think there should be much better items than normal, but more money is what I'd think would give new players the insentive to vote.

ryan_m004

1:
Ok, I don't know if this is possible but...
I don't like how people can get wither skulls from the voteparty.
This will not help the economy at all. Is there a way to limit the items that you can get?

2: I think the voteparty rewards should have a value of 10k+ so people don't get a angry in chat. I once got 1 pie from the voteparty but I didn't care as it is part of the experience, but others do care. I'd say 10k- 50k is well suited as it won't damage the economy.

-ryan
Quote from: MrEpicWonder on Dec 25, 2014, 09:21 PMi have such a good memory, an apple, an orange and a tennis ball thrown at my dick.

Eternal_Jamie

That would ryan (your vote party thing). They're what every 150-250 votes? Take the mid range of 30k there and you could easily have 40+ folk getting that at once = 1.2mil. They could do with having a slightly higher base level of reward yea but nothing like that, still have all the stuff you get from regular votes anyway.

Chinwonder2

Kinda off topic to the post but what's gonna happen with the vote tokens.

Will we be able to exchange then for emp, their prizes (e.g Mystery Chest 150) or items?

In my opinion, the new vote system came quick and unnoticed for me and I didn't get to use my tokens. :/

But overall the new vote plugin is fantastic, it's encouraging more people to vote!

-Chin 8)
Such gorgeous human beings! :heart:

8d2

If I knew how to make plugins, I would basically add kind of like a wheel of fortune for vote rewards, it just makes it fun...

There could be a number of different rewards on different sections of the wheel, with lucky votes on 0-3 sections which makes you spin it an additional amount of times! :D (Or just a wheel of fortune with special rewards...)

TheGoldenKibby

Quote from: 8d2 on Dec 23, 2014, 01:27 AM
If I knew how to make plugins, I would basically add kind of like a wheel of fortune for vote rewards, it just makes it fun...

There could be a number of different rewards on different sections of the wheel, with lucky votes on 0-3 sections which makes you spin it an additional amount of times! :D (Or just a wheel of fortune with special rewards...)

Or, every time you vote, you get one spin on the "Wheel of Fortune". That way, you get like four votes a day, but only if you vote.

Towelie

Quote from: Cireshie on Dec 22, 2014, 02:55 PM
When voting, I don't care about the lucky/super lucky votes. It's more like an incentive or gift since it's random.

I, personally, think about what I'll get for each vote. I think the current system works fine, just with tweaking.

1. Add better items: Iron ingots? Wool? Wood? Steve co. Keys? 1.8 blocks? Yes, when we had the old, old system, people complained about getting wool, but now that we have banners, people might use it.

2. Maybe make vote parties more often. I'm saying this because the vote party crate I got had 2 bunny eggs. If all of them are around the same value, then it should occur more often.

Also, another thing to add is that people don't realize how good the system now is. They don't realize that you can get a mystery chest by voting. Once people get to that point, they'll want to vote more for the higher "tier".

Now that I think about it, it would be cool to make tiers for voting. For this, I think we could take out lucky votes, as a lucky vote could turn a vote from someone with 750+ votes to 10.5k.
If you've done 250+ votes, you get 2.5k per vote.
If you've done 500+ votes, you get 5k per vote.
If you've done 750+ votes, you get 7.5k per vote.
Something like this.

EDIT: What's the deal with minebook? Do we vote on there? Pretty sure we don't get rewards from that one.
we cannot have tiered/random rewards. only one reward per vote.
and minebook is going to get removed since its the only one that's pretty much useless

Towelie

Completely re-balanced vote rewards, you now get more useful items instead of gold apples and slightly more empbucks.
Now working on VoteParty, decreasing vote requirement to 100 votes and adding more prizes.

Eternal_Jamie

Quote from: Towelie on Dec 23, 2014, 11:13 AM
Completely re-balanced vote rewards, you now get more useful items instead of gold apples and slightly more empbucks.
Now working on VoteParty, decreasing vote requirement to 100 votes and adding more prizes.
Out of curiosity could you list the things it's possible to get from votes?

Green_Giant

Towelie

Vote and find out. You now get stuff like iron, gold and so on that you can actually use and also the prize values are higher.

Jasper

Ok, I voted to return to the old rewards, but I think this new system is great, so I suggest taking the old rewards and putting them on this new system.  I think lucky votes aren't really a good thing, compared to the old system of cumulative voting gets you better and better prizes, which is honestly 90% of the reason I voted :P, and also why I stopped voting as much now. But I think these new effects are really cool (whats cooler than red particles surrounding you whenever you vote???).

nemswifey

I got 1 single yellow wool in my vote chest....
I like the vote party concept and the process and gifts...enhancements would improve it.

happypinecones

This is just an idea but maybe have all your item prizes go straight to say a /claim because from personal experience, items can get very spammy in my inventory considering most of the items have a low value. Even consider no items for normal votes and maybe some higher valued items in the lucky votes. As there will be no items you could increase the money reward slightly for the non-lucky votes.
Idk just some suggestions.

nemswifey

I also think it would be nice if you were part of the voting party that you got  your crate even if you were offline.  It's hard to be part of a voting party during the times I'm on there isn't many people so this would be nice.

Towelie

Quote from: nemswifey on Dec 25, 2014, 05:12 AM
I also think it would be nice if you were part of the voting party that you got  your crate even if you were offline.  It's hard to be part of a voting party during the times I'm on there isn't many people so this would be nice.
sadly not possible yet duet o plugin. hopefully plugin author will fix that

Applay

I miss getting my crates for voting 3-4 days in a row.