May 28, 2024, 11:33 PM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

Let us hear your feedback!

Started by Towelie, Apr 15, 2015, 09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

If you have feedback about SFT or any of our servers, let us hear it!

General Rules:
- This is not a "complain about what you don't like" thread. Only give us feedback if you actually know a way to improve a certain area (hence the name of feedback)
- Don't complain about players/staff without proof

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

ddude_stnom

Shall we post on this thread, or will a unanimous form be provided?

stormshooter

Possibly making a rule to not discuss drama from one SFT server to another? I see a lot of factions related flaming on survival which is really unnecessary. 

Towelie

Quote from: ddude_stnom on Apr 15, 2015, 09:43 AM
Shall we post on this thread, or will a unanimous form be provided?
just a reply

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

xJade

Staff is great  :D I don't see what needs to be changed  :-\ staff are amazing people well at least in survival  ::) so everything is good for me :) some people won't like staff because they're too bossy but they are just doing their job! It was make the server so great :3 ~frankie_jay17

:redflower: :redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower:

:heart:You MUST learn to help yourself. Thats how you become stronger. :heart:

ddude_stnom

Survival Server

• GUI -- To me, it is slightly cluttered meaning hard to find what you are looking for. Perhaps it could be re-organised into subsections? For example Teleportation, Ranks, Economy, Shops, etc.
  • GUI -- MiniGames are a big part of the server, PaintBall for one. Again, linked to the point above, a section/ block could be included to teleport to the desired MiniGame?
  • Help -- Could the help book be added back? Just gives new players a better idea as to what to do, etc.

Other stuff

• Creatve -- It's nice to have a creative server based on a normal map, but it'd be cool if there were to be a flat map as well (PlotMe style), just as it makes it easier to build/ find areas to.
  • Hub -- A few more features to the hub would be pretty dope. For example a teleportation bow, hide players and a few more fun to play plugins? There are a few games already, but a widening of choice would be beneficial in my eyes.

This is all I've come up with so far. I must commend you, fellow Owners and staff for doing a grand job in maintaining such a great server. Keep up the good work.

HD

The server is perfect! thats my feedback  :)

krankenstein20

on hunger games get rid of being able to see spectators which is annoying when a player says ''hey if krank is using achilles then fly high if not fly low'' that gets really annoying cause that means that everyone in the game can reck my face really easy
on pixelmon let there be more event hosts please :)
on b-team add autoshops or at least a basic spawnshop where you can sell basic stuff for basic cash
on survival maybe nake it so that you can use uptime from other servers to rank up, in fact this should be for all servers

Towelie

Quote from: ddude_stnom on Apr 15, 2015, 02:50 PM
Survival Server

• GUI -- To me, it is slightly cluttered meaning hard to find what you are looking for. Perhaps it could be re-organised into subsections? For example Teleportation, Ranks, Economy, Shops, etc.
  • GUI -- MiniGames are a big part of the server, PaintBall for one. Again, linked to the point above, a section/ block could be included to teleport to the desired MiniGame?
  • Help -- Could the help book be added back? Just gives new players a better idea as to what to do, etc.

Feast your eyes at the new and improved /gui!
With a new "Minigames" category and everything else neatly categorized. I've also added "back" buttons so for example if you enter the minigames menu you can click back to go back to the /gui menu

Hope you like it, I spent an hour on it (altho it may seem simple, it's not, i gotta do it fro console)

ddude_stnom

Quote from: Towelie on Apr 15, 2015, 05:26 PM
Quote from: ddude_stnom on Apr 15, 2015, 02:50 PM

Feast your eyes at the new and improved /gui!
With a new "Minigames" category and everything else neatly categorized. I've also added "back" buttons so for example if you enter the minigames menu you can click back to go back to the /gui menu

Hope you like it, I spent an hour on it (altho it may seem simple, it's not, i gotta do it fro console)

Looks awesome; thank you very much!

TheGoldenKibby

Quote from: krankenstein20 on Apr 15, 2015, 05:25 PM
on hunger games get rid of being able to see spectators which is annoying when a player says ''hey if krank is using achilles then fly high if not fly low'' that gets really annoying cause that means that everyone in the game can reck my face really easy
on pixelmon let there be more event hosts please :)
on b-team add autoshops or at least a basic spawnshop where you can sell basic stuff for basic cash
on survival maybe nake it so that you can use uptime from other servers to rank up, in fact this should be for all servers

Autoshops were recently added on BTeam

Eddiek2

Doesn't feel really that much of a survival server, closer to a creative.

Towelie

Quote from: Eddiek2 on Apr 16, 2015, 02:51 AM
Doesn't feel really that much of a survival server, closer to a creative.
And this is feedbeack because?

Quote from: TowelieDOH- This is not a "complain about what you don't like" thread. Only give us feedback if you actually know a way to improve a certain area (hence the name of feedback)

xQuicScopex

not to sound mean

we keep saying our economy is being messed up ie too much money in it

when managers open up emp they buy and sell

however they con ONLY buy items to an amount less then what they have sold

theyve sold 3 mil in items so they can only buy 3 mil in items this can help keep unnecessary amounts of money being pumped into the economy

so may help but not too sure

gothar666

Ideas
Add taxes to services such as /home or /warp, maybe pay for protections, add a specific tax to people with X money to push the economy into a better state.

Make the emp have a set amount of money being able to be given to players who sell items.

Maybe add some business related plugins similar to emp and market listing and autoshops but this is a meh idea.

Money taken off of you as a penalty for swearing (Just a random idea, i do not condone swearing and am 100% against it)

I am not sure if players being able to donate sums of money to provide new players with kits or specific blocks would be useful but just throwing it in here.

Feedback
Make a forced tutorial if that does not exist already. The amount of new players i meet that grief without knowing it isn't allowed because reading the rules is not 100% enforced is enormous.

Cosmetic additions to the game which can be purchased using emp$ to improve the economic stability of the server and flush out some money.

Add quests or some RPG element to add variety and fun gameplay. (I believe something similar is in the works already.)

More ranks which require an amount of emp$ to be paid such as tycoon could also help flush out some money.

xQuicScopex

Quote from: gothar666 on Apr 16, 2015, 02:48 PM
Ideas
Add taxes to services such as /home or /warp, maybe pay for protections, add a specific tax to people with X money to push the economy into a better state.

Make the emp have a set amount of money being able to be given to players who sell items.

Maybe add some business related plugins similar to emp and market listing and autoshops but this is a meh idea.

Money taken off of you as a penalty for swearing (Just a random idea, i do not condone swearing and am 100% against it)

I am not sure if players being able to donate sums of money to provide new players with kits or specific blocks would be useful but just throwing it in here.

Feedback
Make a forced tutorial if that does not exist already. The amount of new players i meet that grief without knowing it isn't allowed because reading the rules is not 100% enforced is enormous.

Cosmetic additions to the game which can be purchased using emp$ to improve the economic stability of the server and flush out some money.

Add quests or some RPG element to add variety and fun gameplay. (I believe something similar is in the works already.)

More ranks which require an amount of emp$ to be paid such as tycoon could also help flush out some money.

in response to the last one towelie has said multiple times no new ranks

krankenstein20

Quote from: xQuicScopex on Apr 16, 2015, 01:33 PM
not to sound mean

we keep saying our economy is being messed up ie too much money in it

when managers open up emp they buy and sell

however they con ONLY buy items to an amount less then what they have sold

theyve sold 3 mil in items so they can only buy 3 mil in items this can help keep unnecessary amounts of money being pumped into the economy

so may help but not too sure

yeah but some idiot is gunna sell 3 mil worth of stuff to emp every time :P

xQuicScopex

no "idiot" would do that and i dont understand why you call people that sell high amounts of items idiots people like ctyfrmr have sold 20+ mil to emp before and hes the richest (legit) player on the server is he an idiot then? no hes one of the smartest actually what i suggested means literally this if i buy 1 mil in items from emp then the manager+ running can only buy 1 mil in items from players thats it nothing "idiotic" about it

krankenstein20

yes it is cause someones gunna make it so no one else can sell to emp

xQuicScopex

well it is FIRST come FIRST serve this isnt a suggestion to make players happier its a suggestion to make our economy healthier

TheGoldenKibby

I think that advertising the events and forum worthy stuff on other forums (Minecaft Forums, PMC, etc.) would bring more outsiders onto the server for events. As of now, the only people who know about the big events like the Pixelmon Building Contest and stuff are people who use the forums regularly, have googled superfuntime, or come across it randomly. It basically just alerts people in the community. To get a larger player base, we could use the events and what not as a thing to get people to play SFT more. Like, hook them with a cool Minecraft event, they play and like the server, then decide to stay. Just think that broadening your reach to people would be a good idea.

TL;DR - Advertise large events on other forums

krankenstein20

Quote from: xQuicScopex on Apr 16, 2015, 05:22 PM
well it is FIRST come FIRST serve this isnt a suggestion to make players happier its a suggestion to make our economy healthier
if you dont have happy players you dont have players anymore and that addition wont matter cause theres no one to use it :P

libertydarkfur13

I play on the pixelmon server and I have noticed that there are not many event hosts and not many events run. Yeah there is battling and whatnot but more events need to be held.

Nubbun

Quote from: libertydarkfur13 on Apr 16, 2015, 08:23 PM
I play on the pixelmon server and I have noticed that there are not many event hosts and not many events run. Yeah there is battling and whatnot but more events need to be held.
well to be fair the new protection thingy kinda lowers the amount of hostable events and it only takes elite+ and a jmods perm to host an event but you're right there isn't that many event host ranks

\(◎o◎)/

ddude_stnom

Quote from: TheGoldenKibby on Apr 16, 2015, 05:37 PM
I think that advertising the events and forum worthy stuff on other forums (Minecaft Forums, PMC, etc.) would bring more outsiders onto the server for events. As of now, the only people who know about the big events like the Pixelmon Building Contest and stuff are people who use the forums regularly, have googled superfuntime, or come across it randomly. It basically just alerts people in the community. To get a larger player base, we could use the events and what not as a thing to get people to play SFT more. Like, hook them with a cool Minecraft event, they play and like the server, then decide to stay. Just think that broadening your reach to people would be a good idea.

TL;DR - Advertise large events on other forums

SuperFunTime already has threads on Minecraft Forum, Planet Minecraft, and a few others. Unfortunately, these threads are not viewed as they are never 'bumped' up the order, if that makes sense (they may be on page 400/8000 where no one looks). If these posts could be regularly updated and 'bumped', then yes, your idea is good.