[Pixelmon] Vote rewards tweaked & other news

Started by Dpa1991, May 02, 2015, 07:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dpa1991

May 02, 2015, 07:08 AM Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 07:18 AM by Dpa1991
New rewards:

To take advantage of these new rewards click Here! If you have any suggestions for rewards you'd like to see for voting, please reply to this topic with @Dpa1991  in your post and I'll take a look

• Diamond chest
  • Iron chest x2
  • 20 Enchant Levels
  • 35 Enchant Levels
  • Masterball
  • Silver Hourglass
  • Random Pokemon (Includes legendaries, possibly shinies)

New world & world reset

The state of World1 is pretty bad, the world is stripped to the core and littered everywhere with abandoned builds. Rather than just removing this world and having you guys rush over to World2 (ultimately destroying that world in the process) I will be adding a 3rd world eventually and we will have all 3 maps running at the same time. Once this is done, I will start a countdown timer and remove World1 in approximately 1 month.

You will have time to move your items from World1, your builds are up to you. Do not ask managers+ to move anything.

Pixelmon 4.0 and MC 1.8

Pixelmon is nearing completion for its move to MC 1.8, and from what I've looked into it -- it doesnt look that great. A lot of the mods we use arent updating, not updated or show no signs of updating. Upon starting a test server using 1.8, our worlds were destroyed -- the worlds blocks turned into random blocks and looked horrible. We won't be rushing into the update when its fully released, we may end up having two seperate servers (1.8+ and 1.7.10) but it's too soon to tell right now.

In other news, the server MOTD was improved and we now have a server icon!

krankenstein20

@Dpa1991 maybe 5 ultra balls and have that with a higher chance as it's more common
and i agree with everything else except not having our builds moved as it might actually take me that month to move it all can we have a rule that if its really big or you have like 500h plus as people like that usually have big houses and be upset if they don't get moved whereas someone with 1h who has built a mini wood house won't be upset cause it might take him 5 mins to redo it and that other mos are not updating as i will loose a ton of stuff anyway

Nubbun

@Dpa1991 how about adding small chance of gettin HMs? :3 not with like the ability to mount pokes. just the HMs for making movesets and such since they can't be uptaint (or maybe they can but never seen em in boss drop)

\(◎o◎)/

Dpa1991

Quote from: magl2904 on May 02, 2015, 08:07 AM@Dpa1991 how about adding small chance of gettin HMs? :3 not with like the ability to mount pokes. just the HMs for making movesets and such since they can't be uptaint (or maybe they can but never seen em in boss drop)

@magl2904 @Stariieyed Actually suggested adding HM's/Tm's and I had actually forgotten them, I'll give them a look later.

How rare do you think HM's should be for voting?

Nubbun

May 02, 2015, 08:33 AM #4 Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 09:22 AM by magl2904
Quote from: Dpa1991 on May 02, 2015, 08:13 AM
Quote from: magl2904 on May 02, 2015, 08:07 AM@Dpa1991 how about adding small chance of gettin HMs? :3 not with like the ability to mount pokes. just the HMs for making movesets and such since they can't be uptaint (or maybe they can but never seen em in boss drop)

@magl2904 @Stariieyed Actually suggested adding HM's/Tm's and I had actually forgotten them, I'll give them a look later.

How rare do you think HM's should be for voting?
Hmm how about pretty rare cuz you did have to work a little in the games to get em. And also since they haven't been optainable I will assume they would be classified as rare so if someone got one from voting it would probably get more players to try there luck and vote (thinkin this would happen to the shinies and legends as well so maybe less rare than legends but around rarity of shiny)
TMs thoe, I guess they don't have to be so rare since there is a ton of them added and most of em is derpy (rain dance,thunderwave etc) and then some are a bit more wanted on server (flamethrower, thunder,psychic etc) so peops would still get hyped if they got a good tm :)

(edit/added) also i don't get the ''New world & world reset'' part did you mean add a 4th world (pixelmon already have 3) or will one of the other worlds have to go?

\(◎o◎)/

Dpa1991

We currently have 3 worlds, 2 are building worlds and 1 is an event world.

I'd add a 3rd building world, and once that worlds added -- I'd remove the current world1 in 1 month~

krankenstein20

@Dpa1991 please allow build move as it will take me twice as long to move it as it took to build it please dpa let me move my build :(

legion7531

I also find that I still get the regular vote rewards for voting, nothing special. I suppose they must be very rare?

Cireshie

May 02, 2015, 07:18 PM #8 Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 07:58 PM by Cireshie
Quote from: Dpa1991 on May 02, 2015, 07:08 AMNew rewards:

To take advantage of these new rewards click Here! If you have any suggestions for rewards you'd like to see for voting, please reply to this topic with @Dpa1991  in your post and I'll take a look
  • 20 Enchant Levels
  • 35 Enchant Levels
  • Random Pokemon (Includes legendaries, possibly shinies)
Do we get 20 enchant levels or exp?

For the pokemon, how do we get them? Are they sent into our pc?

Jasper

Quote from: Dpa1991 on May 02, 2015, 07:08 AMNew world & world reset

The state of World1 is pretty bad, the world is stripped to the core and littered everywhere with abandoned builds. Rather than just removing this world and having you guys rush over to World2 (ultimately destroying that world in the process) I will be adding a 3rd world eventually and we will have all 3 maps running at the same time. Once this is done, I will start a countdown timer and remove World1 in approximately 1 month.

You will have time to move your items from World1, your builds are up to you. Do not ask managers+ to move anything.

Ooh, I guess this is my chance (and more motivation) to make a new house in the new world! Tanks Dpa!

Also, can't wait to get voting again, since a lot of people play Pixelmon this would be a great way to encourage more voters :D

krankenstein20

Quote from: krankenstein20 on May 02, 2015, 04:51 PM@Dpa1991 please allow build move as it will take me twice as long to move it as it took to build it please dpa let me move my build :(

Nubbun

Quote from: krankenstein20 on May 02, 2015, 08:05 PM
Quote from: krankenstein20 on May 02, 2015, 04:51 PM@Dpa1991 please allow build move as it will take me twice as long to move it as it took to build it please dpa let me move my build :(
Krank let it go if he haven't responded yet then I doubt spamming him would change his mind

\(◎o◎)/

iLaxrv10

Thanks for the update @Dpa1991
What about adding regular poke balls and an Exp Share and Lucky Egg
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

shadowaurax

This should really be a front page topic, kinda really freaking important to know instead of getting information just dripping in from random people in Pixelmon chat.

So, will there be another world opened up in addition to w3 before w1 is deleted or just have to move to w3?....cause w3 is one of the worst world gens I think we've ever had.
The choice of living space is basically desert, savannah, and ocean or more desert, savannah, and ocean. At least w1 had a good variety seed, I wasn't even aware there was an snowy biome in w3 until today(that's having randommed into the aforementioned biomes well over 20times each) and most of that is already dug up and otherwise broken.

I get needing to redo the world every now and then, but I never expected it to be so soon after the last time. Feels like I'm just getting ready to finish building and now it has to go...again. Little things, like the constant rollbacks of the last few days, this news, and other things just keep adding up, and it's getting to be more annoying to play on the server than fun.

Sorry, sort of a mini rant as well as question. Wanna keep loving the server and game, but kinda feels like a blunt  :diamondsword:  being slowly pushed into my  :heart:

Dpa1991

Quote from: shadowaurax on May 03, 2015, 07:46 AMThis should really be a front page topic, kinda really freaking important to know instead of getting information just dripping in from random people in Pixelmon chat.

So, will there be another world opened up in addition to w3 before w1 is deleted or just have to move to w3?....cause w3 is one of the worst world gens I think we've ever had.
The choice of living space is basically desert, savannah, and ocean or more desert, savannah, and ocean. At least w1 had a good variety seed, I wasn't even aware there was an snowy biome in w3 until today(that's having randommed into the aforementioned biomes well over 20times each) and most of that is already dug up and otherwise broken.

I get needing to redo the world every now and then, but I never expected it to be so soon after the last time. Feels like I'm just getting ready to finish building and now it has to go...again. Little things, like the constant rollbacks of the last few days, this news, and other things just keep adding up, and it's getting to be more annoying to play on the server than fun.

Sorry, sort of a mini rant as well as question. Wanna keep loving the server and game, but kinda feels like a blunt  :diamondsword:  being slowly pushed into my  :heart:

Im not sure what you're talking about, this is clearly a homepage/front page post. I've attached an image to clear up any confusion on this. For an added laugh, in my screenshot you can see yourself complaining that it is not a front page post in the shoutbox directly next to the post.

Information regarding your questions is covered in the first post.

QuoteRather than just removing this world and having you guys rush over to World2 (ultimately destroying that world in the process) I will be adding a 3rd world eventually and we will have all 3 maps running at the same time. Once this is done, I will start a countdown timer and remove World1 in approximately 1 month.

Once the new world is added, Ill start a preparation for removing the current world1.

calfrokrill

Damn. Pixelmon is lucky. The most decent thing you can get on survival is a crate (Which is once in a blue moon)

platerfin

iFlirt

Thanks for the update Dpa! Keep up the good work
Lost Islands Elder

shadowaurax

Quote from: Dpa1991 on May 03, 2015, 08:07 AMIm not sure what you're talking about, this is clearly a homepage/front page post. I've attached an image to clear up any confusion on this. For an added laugh, in my screenshot you can see yourself complaining that it is not a front page post in the shoutbox directly next to the post.

Kinda rude but also shows what I meant as the issue. It's not clear from the information given on the front page that anything is happening to W1. To me, voting reward updates mean zippity crap since I'm going to vote anyway and whatever I get will be what I get, knowing what's there is no benefit and leaves no real reason to look at the post, the post being "& other news" wouldn't really imply that anything else of importance was being mentioned, just maybe general information and tweaks since whatever it is, apparently, isn't even worthy of mention in the title and doesn't show in the preview for the post at all.

As it were, when I first heard about it, I came to the forums to look for the post with it and seeing nothing mentioning the destruction of W1 anywhere in the titles was confused and thought maybe my computer was cacheing the old pages, so I restarted and wiped history, cookies, cache, etcetera and still nothing. I only clicked on this post because I was going to hit up all of the last 5 recent posts anyway.

Quote from: Dpa1991 on May 03, 2015, 08:07 AM
QuoteRather than just removing this world and having you guys rush over to World2 (ultimately destroying that world in the process) I will be adding a 3rd world eventually and we will have all 3 maps running at the same time. Once this is done, I will start a countdown timer and remove World1 in approximately 1 month.

Once the new world is added, Ill start a preparation for removing the current world1.

Last line is what I wanted to know. By the initial entry, I thought W2 would be opened up as a building world instead of an event only world. We already have 3 maps running at any given time so the three map thing was throwing me off. This one is more on me for not properly reading.

platerfin

New world & world reset

so do we have 30 days until this happens

iLaxrv10

Quote from: platerfin on May 13, 2015, 09:55 AMso do we have 30 days until this happens

Dpa1991 will start a coundown when we have 1 month to move our stuff @platerfin
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

maximun8

@Dpa1991 People are talking about /w4 and they want to know what it's going to be, and if /w1 is going to reset why do u need a /w4?

platerfin

New world & world reset

Pixelmon 4.0 and MC 1.8

Pixelmon is nearing completion for its move to MC 1.8, and from what I've looked into it -- it doesnt look that great. A lot of the mods we use arent updating, not updated or show no signs of updating. Upon starting a test server using 1.8, our worlds were destroyed -- the worlds blocks turned into random blocks and looked horrible. We won't be rushing into the update when its fully released, we may end up having two seperate servers (1.8+ and 1.7.10) but it's too soon to tell right now.

ok why not wait until we update the inplement the world because then all the items and things will spawn in w4(or what ever it will be called)

and max you said:@Dpa1991 People are talking about /w4 and they want to know what it's going to be, and if /w1 is going to reset why do u need a /w4? its cus there is lots of bvc and its a realy old world.

Nubbun

Quote from: platerfin on May 21, 2015, 06:46 PMNew world & world reset

Pixelmon 4.0 and MC 1.8

ok why not wait until we update the inplement the world because then all the items and things will spawn in w4(or what ever it will be called)

and max you said:Dpa1991 People are talking about /w4 and they want to know what it's going to be, and if /w1 is going to reset why do u need a /w4? its cus there is lots of bvc and its a realy old world.

\(◎o◎)/