May 01, 2024, 05:38 AM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

Time for some feedback

Started by Towelie, Jun 14, 2015, 10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

You know the drill.
Give us feedback if tehre's anything you think we're doing wrong.
However, feedback in a constructive criticism form. Eg: 'I think you are doing that wrong, I think you should do it like this".

Any criticism just for the sake of criticism will not be tolerated.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

iLaxrv10

Jun 14, 2015, 12:43 PM #1 Last Edit: Jun 14, 2015, 09:32 PM by ColesyM
I think you, Fear, and the rest of the Owner team work their butts off. Ive been with SFT since December of 2012 and a lot has changed for the better. I look forward to coming on SFT everyday and I get sad when I can't XD. I have made so many friends here and I think that they are my friends for life. The community is amazing and the people here are spectacular. Everyone is so polite and the community you have established is far beyond any other servers.

I think that you guys are doing a lot right, and we are heading in the right direction. Overtime I'm on our Pixelmon and Survival servers I see a new player joining once or twice in every hour. Tow, you do an amazing job with the servers and I can only imagine how hard it is to please everyone and maintain them all. You are doing an amazing job and so is Fear and all the other Owners.

If it wasn't for you guys SFT would be the community and fun place to play and meet friends that it is today. So with that said, I owe you guys a BIG thank you c:
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

darknuju

Hmmm is it that time again? Ok

The only thing I would say is with all the automated massages for things like announcements, and pointing people to the website.  I only really have a problem with them because there seems to be so many that sometimes it can feel a bit spammy to me.  Maybe it's just me but if we could make fewer non-player messages or something I think that would make the chat a bit better and easier to read when you have like 3-4 people trying to tell you things and or just have a conversation with.

Besides that everything seems fine to me, but I don't actually get on and "play" that often I mainly just get on to talk and hang out so I wouldn't know anyways. :P

Nubbun

I dislike the 60sec time out in the search bar on forum and idk what it's supposed to prevent.

the reason i dislike it is when you make a typo on there you have to wait 60sec till you can search the real word and there is the chance that you won't even find what you're looking for.

That is the only negativeish thing that comes to mind :3

Other than that I like almost everything ells and appreciate all the work that the players, staff and owners have put into the servers and it makes it fun to be in

\(◎o◎)/

Green_Giant

Quote from: magl on Jun 14, 2015, 03:23 PMI dislike the 60sec time out in the search bar on forum and idk what it's supposed to prevent.

the reason i dislike it is when you make a typo on there you have to wait 60sec till you can search the real word and there is the chance that you won't even find what you're looking for.

Other than that I like almost everything ells and appreciate all the work that the players, staff and owners have put into the servers and it makes it fun to be in
The search bar thing was changed recently to 3 seconds. :P

Nubbun

Quote from: Green_Giant on Jun 14, 2015, 03:34 PM
Quote from: magl on Jun 14, 2015, 03:23 PMI dislike the 60sec time out in the search bar on forum and idk what it's supposed to prevent.

The search bar thing was changed recently to 3 seconds. :P

woops didn't know that sorry xD ty everything is perfect now!

\(◎o◎)/

platerfin

I think  on survival we need a way to get custom ranks that look the same but you can have a different text so they it suite you a little bit it happens on be with vote tokens why not 1000 of this perm
OK £10 real money

Green_Giant

Quote from: platerfin on Jun 14, 2015, 09:37 PMI think  on survival we need a way to get custom ranks that look the same but you can have a different text so they it suite you a little bit it happens on be with vote tokens why not 1000 of this perm
OK £10 real money
On survival, Sponsor/Santa Clause can buy a custom rank (not sure on the price). I don't feel as if this would be added, but if your idea was then i'd be sure it'd be more than £10. Adding it to high donators was even a stretch.

Jasper

I think Saywhat is too laid back in terms of managing the staff team on Factions. The reason that the staff corrupt is because of how he punishes them, which from certain staff members themselves (no names) seems to be not at all (except serious cases). Then again, every team can be called corrupt in some way. Eg, on Pixelmon, there are 4 types of staff members: (referring to chat in specific): The ones who are too serious and punish people for everything; the ones who are prejudiced, warning the guests all the time and the "cool people" almost never (ex. People who are well known); the ones who are super nice and give out infinite warnings; and finally, the ones that are fair, punish people the same, and are very rare(I'll credit MC_Wizard35 on this last part). Thats just my summaries of Pixelmon staff, since I know them best. And being on factions, I can see sometimes staff will completely ignore the blatant flaming going on in chat, the people breaking the rules, illegal bases, and above all, the rule breakers in their own faction. The only fair person that I ever saw as a high-up was Copen. Maybe that's why no one ever complains about B team, because copen is actually strict in his rules instead of letting people break them with no punishment. This is probably the most disorganized post I've ever written, but I made it to point out several flaws in how we handle Staff teams:
 :apple: Being Prejudiced towards groups
 :apple: Lack of good staff judgement
 :apple: Laid back/uncaring higher-ups
 :apple: Staff who just don't do their jobs
 :apple: Some staff don't actually KNOW the rules, I see this so much and it's annoying af

Thanks for actually reading this thing, and please point out anything I have wrong. Still  :heart: everyone tho, don't get me wrong.

Brightpkz

Pros:

I like the new /pus list, it helped me a lot with leveling up.
I like how the use of forums are being promoted
The new donation items are amazing
I like the way staff teams are being run
The YouTuber rank is wisely made
I LOVE /lwc (So helpful)
Towny is really cool, but I only seem to know one town
I like how the tax was raised
I like how more players have read the rules and less players are breaking the rules
I like the fact that you could buy heads from Managers too now
I think the building up on SFT Merchandise could bring in large donations
I like the fact that Towelie set up a reddit post for SFT
I like the "who are we" page.
The current voting plugin is amazing
The economy is somewhat fixed? I suppose it's less imbalanced right now.

Cons:
I dislike the fact that the forums still aren't REALLY popular with the players.
I suggest a new banner creation competition because the last time we had one was about a year ago, and several servers are outdated now I believe.
I dislike the "News" section on top of the site, because technically, the text afterwards isn't really "News".

Some suggestions:
-The frontpage to include a promotion section that will congratulate any players on achieving staff or promotion?
-Donation item of an iPhone 6 (MC ver)? Like an actual iPhone 6 build to be spawned in that will work like one? I just came across it on Saturday xd
-The PvP plugin probably should remind players a bit more that their PvP is on, most of the players that I have helped for protection, lava or piston placements, etc. have their PvP on and did not know it. This could be a problem because players may not realize it and get killed, which leads to a loss of items, and possible player leave.

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

xJade

i think more stuff should be in /buy like /god perms and a pet/disguise expansion pack like /d wither and all that stuff :) but thats all :p 

:redflower: :redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower:

:heart:You MUST learn to help yourself. Thats how you become stronger. :heart:

Cireshie

Quote from: frankie_jay17 on Jun 16, 2015, 09:45 PMi think more stuff should be in /buy like /god perms and a pet/disguise expansion pack like /d wither and all that stuff :) but thats all :p 
I believe /god perms was removed from /buy because of EULA. Not 100% sure, but maybe a "buy godmode for the whole server for a week" might be cool to add.

Ultimatum599

Tow has stated that God perms  will not be added to /buy in the future because it severely defeats the purpose of survival. But God perms are in /buy with the old sponsor bundle for a limited time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brightpkz

I don't think wither will ever come into /pet or /d as it causes massive lag as does the ender Dragon.

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

EllieEllieepic11

I think everyone should be allowed to build. No on can place blocks or make houses. Once you have placed a block no one should be able to break except the person that placed it. This will make it impossible to break blocks off others houses. If your a member you should be able to fly. This will help to scan the ground from a height and see if anyone needs help. I hope you take my points into account and consider changing and using my ideas instead. :)

Eternal_Jamie

Quote from: EllieEllieepic11 on Jun 17, 2015, 08:04 PMI think everyone should be allowed to build. No on can place blocks or make houses. Once you have placed a block no one should be able to break except the person that placed it. This will make it impossible to break blocks off others houses. If your a member you should be able to fly. This will help to scan the ground from a height and see if anyone needs help. I hope you take my points into account and consider changing and using my ideas instead. :)
What server are you thinking of? I can't think of any of our servers which wouldn't let you build at all (just not in specific worlds/areas).

American_Walrus

I think the mods should be payed or something.

I've noticed mods like Jinxie, Katherine, and JohnOakleyJohn say the words like "One sec I'm really busy" and "Everyone please be patient I'm the only mod on" too many times. I acknowledge that they are SUPER busy, and I think they should have some kind of reward system.

Maybe I'm SUPER wrong and the mods don't feel that way.. :/ Tell me if I seem unreasonable, it's only a suggestion :D

stormshooter

Quote from: American_Walrus on Jun 18, 2015, 08:22 PMI think the mods should be payed or something.

I've noticed mods like Jinxie, Katherine, and JohnOakleyJohn say the words like "One sec I'm really busy" and "Everyone please be patient I'm the only mod on" too many times. I acknowledge that they are SUPER busy, and I think they should have some kind of reward system.

Maybe I'm SUPER wrong and the mods don't feel that way.. :/ Tell me if I seem unreasonable, it's only a suggestion :D
They volunteer, and are allowed to resign at any time if they want to. Although it'd be nice, I don't think the server would be financially stable enough to keep this up for long, being with all the staff there is.

American_Walrus

I completely agree, Tera. That's a good point.. Maybe we could just show some more gratification

Towelie

Quote from: American_Walrus on Jun 18, 2015, 08:22 PMI think the mods should be payed or something.

If the mods shoudl be paid what about the Owners? And the developers? And the JMods? And the Managers? And the....

You get my point. We don't get enough money to pay everyone xD

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

American_Walrus

Yeah, I agree, but I am specifically talking about mods. Mods (maybe Jmods) are the only ones that are constantly working while on the server, and the only ones where one HAS to be on the server to please the people. (Due to the constant need of protections, lava placement, etc.) I understand not being financially stable enough, as I do in real life. Maybe not an emp prize or random pumpkin pies,(that rhymed c:) but maybe more gratification. I think we have fallen into this mindset that illustrates that mods are here just to make our SFT experience better, while they are trying to have an SFT experience as well. I understand that they Volunteer to do this, but maybe SFT as a whole could say thanks a little more.

Thanks for reading
-Walrus

cravend

Quote from: Towelie on Jun 19, 2015, 03:54 AM

If the mods should be paid what about the Owners? And the developers? And the JMods? And the Managers? And the....

It would probably be nice if mods could take a 'vacation' (just a day or two) where they didn't have to work. I know a few staff have bought alts so they can play without constantly being called away to help people. There would have to be some kind of a structure so all the mods don't take off the same day, but I think it would work. Just saying :P

-cravend
Thanks to Mewiebowie for the spectacular avatar!

Cireshie

Quote from: cravend on Jun 19, 2015, 06:39 PM
Quote from: Towelie on Jun 19, 2015, 03:54 AM

If the mods should be paid what about the Owners? And the developers? And the JMods? And the Managers? And the....

It would probably be nice if mods could take a 'vacation' (just a day or two) where they didn't have to work. I know a few staff have bought alts so they can play without constantly being called away to help people. There would have to be some kind of a structure so all the mods don't take off the same day, but I think it would work. Just saying :P

-cravend
Besides the fact that they chose to be staff. If it's too much for them, they don't need to stay staff. Also, if they did get a break, how do think the players react? They need protections and staff help.

EllieEllieepic11

Jun 20, 2015, 08:06 PM #23 Last Edit: Oct 02, 2015, 03:08 PM by EllieEllieepic11
Hello

darknuju

Quote from: EllieEllieepic11 on Jun 20, 2015, 08:06 PM
Quote from: Eternal_Jamie on Jun 17, 2015, 08:07 PM
Quote from: EllieEllieepic11 on Jun 17, 2015, 08:04 PMI think everyone should be allowed to build. No on can place blocks or make houses. Once you have placed a block no one should be able to break except the person that placed it. This will make it impossible to break blocks off others houses. If your a member you should be able to fly. This will help to scan the ground from a height and see if anyone needs help. I hope you take my points into account and consider changing and using my ideas instead. :)
What server are you thinking of? I can't think of any of our servers which wouldn't let you build at all (just not in specific worlds/areas).

I know no server does this but I think they should. It makes people creative and let them live in whatever home they desire.

I think what you are trying to say is make the blocks you place auto-protected instead of having the protections system currently established, but this would not work as we could not protect the area surrounding the build and could also have other potential scenarios where players would be able to greif. I think I know what you are saying it is sometimes hard to find somewhere to build when it seems people have built everywhere and has the area around it protected but I can assure you there is space to build and our current system of protecting players creations is pretty much as good as it can be.