[Survival] Bring in the votes!

Started by TheMop123, Jul 02, 2015, 09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMop123

Jul 02, 2015, 09:11 PM Last Edit: Jul 03, 2015, 07:47 PM by Moppeh_
Hello, me again!
This time, I'm here about a different issue - voting.
Yeah, I know that I am not the best at it myself, but I have started voting, to help out the best server ever. <3

Omg, Mop, what do you want from me?
Today is the 2nd July 2015. On the 3rd of August 2015, I will be checking the voting stats.
If you have the MOST votes - you win 250k! :o
If you have the second most votes, you win 150k!
And, third most votes wins you 100k!

I have changed this! The winners of 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, regardless of ties, win a quarter of the prize each and all get entered into an event league. the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place of the event league win the rest of their prize, regardless of where they came in the voting. So, if MrEpicWonder came 3rd in voting, he'd win 25k! However, if he won the event league overall, he'd win 187.5k, + his original 25k, which is three quarters on 250k!

Also, thanks to Bluetiger or SerialSlayer for donating to the prize!

Yeah, this was brief but... keep voting for awesome prizes and fun! If you miss out this time - there will be more!

MrEpicWonder

That feel when you're including in a voting post yet barely vote

shame.jpg

Quote from: Towelie on Dec 16, 2015, 09:12 AMI'd still like to see the nativity scene re-enacted in minecraft while I eat popcorn and mock Christians
Quote from: Towelie on Jan 17, 2016, 08:45 AMSending me any inappropriate pictures will cause you to get banned (unless you are a female and 18+)

GRIMI_

Tbh, the rewards seem pretty small, and i don't think they will motivate many more people to vote.

TheMop123

Quote from: GRIMI_ on Jul 02, 2015, 09:33 PMTbh, the rewards seem pretty small, and i don't think they will motivate many more people to vote.

What would you recommend?

Cireshie

Quote from: GRIMI_ on Jul 02, 2015, 09:33 PMTbh, the rewards seem pretty small, and i don't think they will motivate many more people to vote.
What tier are you referring to?

Do you think getting 15 vote tokens in 1 vote on highest tier is too small? It's probably just that people aren't aware you can achieve those kind of prizes.

xJade

i think the prize is just fine as it is since you already get money and more from voting, shoot if they where to love the server  they wont even do it for the money ^_^ but if you want to bribe people its okay i guess..

:redflower: :redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower:

:heart:You MUST learn to help yourself. Thats how you become stronger. :heart:

tobminer

Quote from: Cireshie on Jul 02, 2015, 10:04 PM

Do you think getting 15 vote tokens in 1 vote on highest tier is too small? It's probably just that people aren't aware you can achieve those kind of prizes.

Very rarely do you get 15 vote tokens, and if your going for the top tier, you usually get crap prizes like 8 enderpearls or something. In my opinion, 15 vote tokens should be the ONLY prize for the highest tier.

Also, frankie, get real, people play other servers beside sft, because sft doesn't have ALL minigames/servers, so if another server presents better/cooler rewards, they will most likely vote for that server.

tobminer

Quote from: tobminer on Jul 03, 2015, 03:13 AM

Very rarely do you get 15 vote tokens, and if your going for the top tier, you usually get crap prizes like 8 enderpearls or something. In my opinion, 15 vote tokens should be the ONLY prize for the highest tier.

Also, frankie, get real, people play other servers beside sft, because sft doesn't have ALL minigames/servers, so if another server presents better/cooler rewards, they will most likely vote for that server.

And yes, staff team, you guys do a heck of a lot of work, but a lot of servers do a heck of a lot of work too, so if you want more votes, boost the rewards.

Brightpkz

Quote from: tobminer on Jul 03, 2015, 03:14 AM
Quote from: tobminer on Jul 03, 2015, 03:13 AM

And yes, staff team, you guys do a heck of a lot of work, but a lot of servers do a heck of a lot of work too, so if you want more votes, boost the rewards.

The rewards are really large already... When you consider the vote prizes, it gives you expensive loots like vote tokens and an added amount of EMP. Besides, the only reason why these vote rewards are deemed small is because on the contrary, we got rich people rolling in millions of EMP bucks. But that should not be the case with voting. Voting shouldn't bring a person a fortune, it should bring the person a sense of belonging towards the server and encouragement, through the thought that one is helping out the server, and furthermore, bring the server greater publicity.

To add on, some "large" servers don't even give much, some of them don't even have to give players more than a diamond because they are already famous enough. I don't think you should merely just take "other servers" to be a contrary to this case. Every server puts in different aspects of Minecraft gameplay, and have different systems for staff teams. Like SFT, we have awesome custom plugins and modpacks for our servers, cool donator features, a GREAT staff team, and many more. Believe it or not, when compared to the Minecraft community outside, SFT is a very small server, I don't see how it's fair, for you to just take other server's efforts and put it into context as a contrary to the amount of effort and "vote rewards" put in by SFT itself.

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

MrEpicWonder

Quote from: tobminer on Jul 03, 2015, 03:13 AM15 vote tokens should be the ONLY prize for the highest tier.

8x15 = 120, 120x10000 = 1.2m

1.2m for the highest tier voting..
Yeah, no.
Quote from: Towelie on Dec 16, 2015, 09:12 AMI'd still like to see the nativity scene re-enacted in minecraft while I eat popcorn and mock Christians
Quote from: Towelie on Jan 17, 2016, 08:45 AMSending me any inappropriate pictures will cause you to get banned (unless you are a female and 18+)

tobminer

Okay then a mix of steve co. crates and vote tokens.

I am just tired of voting and getting worst prizes at the top tier then lower tiers.

Also bright, have you never noticed that other servers have custom plugins too? Certain minigames are on certain servers and in-order to get a special "kit" you need to vote.

I think in survival, something like this should be added, like to factions for example, you vote once, you can get like a full set of armor once. Or on minigames, instead of pretty much abandoning them, add more to them, if you have a plugin which is only on SFT and is fun to play, then play are going to want to play it. Add vote rewards to minigames do get better kits and certain things like that. I am absolutely not downrating SFT and I appreciate the work by the staff, but if the server is really desperate for votes, then you NEED to do something about minigames.

Just in my view, SFT is still fun to play though :)

MrEpicWonder

Well, it's about luck. You vote and you get free stuff, isn't that enough? No matter the tier, you're doing the same thing every time you vote.

Towelie

Quote from: tobminer on Jul 03, 2015, 01:50 PMOkay then a mix of steve co. crates and vote tokens.

I am just tired of voting and getting worst prizes at the top tier then lower tiers.

Also bright, have you never noticed that other servers have custom plugins too? Certain minigames are on certain servers and in-order to get a special "kit" you need to vote.

I think in survival, something like this should be added, like to factions for example, you vote once, you can get like a full set of armor once. Or on minigames, instead of pretty much abandoning them, add more to them, if you have a plugin which is only on SFT and is fun to play, then play are going to want to play it. Add vote rewards to minigames do get better kits and certain things like that. I am absolutely not downrating SFT and I appreciate the work by the staff, but if the server is really desperate for votes, then you NEED to do something about minigames.

Just in my view, SFT is still fun to play though :)
We simply don't have the time and the people required to do that. Between Survival, Pix, Factions, Pocket, B-Team we are kinda busy the whole time (not to mention that some of us have jobs  too)

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Towelie

PS: Which minigames are you talking about?
Missile Wars is vanilla so we have no plugin support / etc, Only places we could implement are Hunger Games and Skywars (and I doubt anyone would vote on hunger games as they would be busy running for their lives)

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

GotAnError

Oh, look, even a post like this attracts drama like the Factions server.

Thanks, Obama!
Screw the modern world! Our lovely earth is flat, ask the Medieval men!

Cireshie

I believe in the past we did have /vote top enabled on the survival server. It was also announced that if you get, I think, 250 votes, you get a mystery chest. For 500, you get a mystery chest or something like that. Although, no one did get anything (but I came close), it was removed.

Brightpkz

Quote from: tobminer on Jul 03, 2015, 01:50 PMAlso bright, have you never noticed that other servers have custom plugins too? Certain minigames are on certain servers and in-order to get a special "kit" you need to vote.

As I've said, I don't see how it's fitting to compare servers that have different things to offer to players. Obviously, other servers do have custom plugins, I used that as an example of why our server excels from other servers... Even our adverts say we have custom plugins :P

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

Towelie

Quote from: Cireshie on Jul 03, 2015, 02:10 PMI believe in the past we did have /vote top enabled on the survival server. It was also announced that if you get, I think, 250 votes, you get a mystery chest. For 500, you get a mystery chest or something like that. Although, no one did get anything (but I came close), it was removed.
That was the old voting plugin that everyone wanted replaced xD

TheMop123

Changed this up a bit - added an event league into it!
Also, thanks to SerialSlayer to donating to the prize ;D

BluetigerESW

As apparently the "small" op voting rewards apparently aren't enough to motivate people, @mop see me in-game and I'll give you another like 500k for the pot as I have no other use for money anyways xD

Also...If you guys haven't realized it yet, the voting rewards mean nothing, it's just a small thank you for helping us out, and if as many of you who say it really do love sft then it's just sad that so many refuse to vote because of the "small prizes". We need votes to survive. Why, you ask? In order to earn enough money to pay the bills we need votes (votes get us exposure and that's the best way to get new people to hear about that server) so we can get new people because with new people comes new donators.

So in short, SFT's future depends on votes and if you want us to survive and thrive then please do your part in helping and voting every day, as it's no work and only takes around 5 minutes a day. <3

Hopefully this made some of the people who complained about the small prizes change their mind about it and their outlook on voting's importance. :)

Thank you to those who took the time to actually read this whole message, and with that being said, my rant is over <3

~ Blue
I enjoy the act of xD-ing, like if you agree