Apr 29, 2024, 09:50 AM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

[Survival] FireworkGun Plugin End of Life

Started by Towelie, Jul 20, 2015, 06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

The FireworkGun plugin is currently semi-broken and the author seems to have been banned / left from Bukkit dev.
So it will no longer be updated.
Due to that, I have disabled the option to purchase it, and the plugin will be disabled within ~12 hours.
Everyone that has purchased this item is advised to choose something else worth $12.5 (the average price that FireworkGun costs / costed.

Please send me a forum pm with what you would like instead. Alternatively, tell me in-game if I am online.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

xJade

Will some other plug in take place of the old one? that would be great ^^ if not its okay :) life is busy as it is.

:redflower: :redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower:

:heart:You MUST learn to help yourself. Thats how you become stronger. :heart:

Green_Giant

While it was an interesting plugin, i'm kind of happy to see it's EoL. People would always use these at Events and player gatherings, and would lead to people complaining about lag in chat.

Xenoyia

Towelie

Quote from: Xenoyia on Jul 22, 2015, 07:57 PMDid you want it to be updated?
Uhm, would be cool, but seing as it was somewhat of a nuissance like Green is saying, i think it's better not to :)

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Green_Giant

Jul 23, 2015, 11:37 AM #5 Last Edit: Jul 23, 2015, 03:50 PM by Green_Giant
Quote from: Towelie on Jul 23, 2015, 04:19 AM
Uhm, would be cool, but seing as it was somewhat of a nuissance like Green is saying, i think it's better not to :)
Perhaps something different, maybe with a cooldown, customisable firework designs on a GUI etc.? I think that'd be a step up from what we had.

Xenoyia

Quote from: Green_Giant on Jul 23, 2015, 11:37 AM
Perhaps something different, maybe will a cooldown, customisable firework designs on a GUI etc.? I think that'd be a step up from what we had.

What exactly did it do? It doesn't sound too complicated.

Green_Giant

Quote from: Xenoyia on Jul 23, 2015, 03:15 PM
Quote from: Green_Giant on Jul 23, 2015, 11:37 AM
Perhaps something different, maybe will a cooldown, customisable firework designs on a GUI etc.? I think that'd be a step up from what we had.

What exactly did it do? It doesn't sound too complicated.
Our old plugin would shoot randomly generated fireworks when you right click with the tool (in this case a stone shovel). If we were to get a new one created, I've got ideas for improvements.
  • A GUI type system, where you can change the colour/shape of the firework to anything you want (I don't know much about how fireworks are crafted so this may be difficult).
  • Dynamic cooldowns. Perhaps it allows you fire 10 fireworks simultaneously, and then after that you have to wait a 30 second - 1 minute cooldown.
  • Still keeping the feature to fire some randomly generated firework designs because that was cool.

Towelie

I don't know about you guys, but rather than having Firewrok Guns, I'd rather just have a nice  GUI firework maker (which simplifies making fireworks)

Xenoyia

Jul 23, 2015, 09:26 PM #9 Last Edit: Jul 23, 2015, 09:30 PM by Xenoyia
Quote from: Towelie on Jul 23, 2015, 05:19 PMI don't know about you guys, but rather than having Firewrok Guns, I'd rather just have a nice  GUI firework maker (which simplifies making fireworks)

I think there are already a good few of those around.

---

Do you have steam or anything, btw? might make it easier to help out if you need any plugins :P

iLaxrv10

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 23, 2015, 05:19 PMI don't know about you guys, but rather than having Firewrok Guns, I'd rather just have a nice  GUI firework maker (which simplifies making fireworks)
I agree XD the Gun is cool and all but I still don't know how to make a firework and I've been playing since before they came out ;w;
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Xenoyia

https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/xp-firework-gun.9972/

It was a bit of fun practice :P This is ultra lightweight, shouldn't lag at all. By default there's a 1 second gap between each firework.

MrEpicWonder

"You already have a firework gun! Why do you need two?! African children could eat those!"

Well OKAY!
Quote from: Towelie on Dec 16, 2015, 09:12 AMI'd still like to see the nativity scene re-enacted in minecraft while I eat popcorn and mock Christians
Quote from: Towelie on Jan 17, 2016, 08:45 AMSending me any inappropriate pictures will cause you to get banned (unless you are a female and 18+)

Xenoyia

Quote from: MrEpicWonder on Jul 23, 2015, 11:32 PM"You already have a firework gun! Why do you need two?! African children could eat those!"

Well OKAY!

ikr :P It can be changed if you don't like it haha