Apr 27, 2024, 08:07 AM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

Modpack Mod Suggestions

Started by Birch, Sep 12, 2015, 12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birch

I think that some more mods for this pack would be great for it. For example, we add IC2 with some addons and we now have at least 15 more hours of you working on building new tech. Also, I suggest Chisel 2 for the simple fact that you would be able to build so much more on your island with it. I also suggest adding a mod called Project E. The server would have to ban the items for it unless you are a higher rank like Survivalist or Explorer. The mod is EE3 but for minecraft 1.7.10. Its a very cheaty mod, that's why I suggest making it available only to players with high ranks. As for the IC2 addons, I suggest Advanced machines, Advanced Solarpanels, Chargepads, and then possibly Gregtech to make the tech world that much harder. I know what your thinking, "Why Gregtech?" Gregtech cam be a great mod if you know how to use it properly. And here, I think it would fit perfectly with the pack on the basis that the pack is a harder version of skyblock.

wfi974

IMO, IC2 would add a bit too much clutter to the islands. For example, they use a different kind of power system and would require a converter to between RF and EU. Also, Gregtech is a bit too grindy by itself (moreso when other mods gets modified to be more grindy) and would make an already grindy game even worse. Lastly most things in the default IC2 already have a TE counterpart or reproduced by other mods, so only the machines unique to IC would be useful. I do love the nano armor however and would like to see something similar to that. Now this is just my opinion and experience on IC and GregTech. (was pretty lazy with GregTech on a modpack server, never got much into it) Other people might like it, but I am strongly opposed to add IC2.

I don't know much about the other mods, but Project E would never be added due to it will break the economy most likely, and chisel 2 sounds interesting to have, especially because I and many others like to build.