Apr 28, 2024, 06:38 AM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

The pulse of SFT

Started by Towelie, May 21, 2016, 01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BattleAxium

Quote from: Arias0 on May 22, 2016, 01:54 AMWell, for the brief month or so I've had on this server, I've picked up many things that have stored in the back of my mind that could improve/change for the better. I've had a lot of experience on other games, so if you don't mind I'll just input some ideas I have for you, as it wouldn't hurt me due to this server being something I enjoy day to day.

First off, voting. The reason you're not getting as much votes as you want, is because even though you're rewarding players, most people don't have time or are just to lazy to vote. Some way to fix this are; instead of giving physical item rewards to players, which I don't think is a great incentive at the moment because personally the main reason I vote (Besides to help) is for VoteTokens, but really... they're useless. It'd take a long time to be able to even save for something worth while. So yes, I don't have the solution. However, It'd be interesting to look into something more creative when it comes to voting. E.g. Events, etc.

How to get more players? Instead of throwing money at advertising websites. Which I can highly vouch is a extreme waste of your money (ESPECIALLY when you aren't flying with donation funds) Instead, cut down on those costs, and focus the money towards new ideas, developers, individual advertising etc. Because I can guarantee unique mini-games, new servers and incentives to spread the word will bring a much more FRIENDLY playerbase then current.

By full reset, I believe you mean wiping the whole server and starting fresh? If so, in reality everyone know's that won't do anything. To make something good, and to achieve your goals you need to push, push and push till you produce something even more amazing then you already have. Point more of your funds towards people who can benefit there specialties to the server then creating new servers when you're currently struggling with your main ones. e.g. survival.

Anyhow, this is just my two cents. I could go into WAY more detail, including ideas and creation, but yeah.

Definitely should take some of these suggestions @Towelie. This guy may be new to the forums but has the right ideas.

Pookalton

Quote from: BattleAxium on May 22, 2016, 01:50 AM
Quote from: Vallith on May 22, 2016, 01:39 AM
Quote from: Eye_Nine on May 21, 2016, 08:17 PMI, myself have no data sheet, but what I have noticed is our player base. I haven't thought about this since I came back to B-Team. There the player base has dropped and is quiet noticeable in comparison of last year in May, and before that I remember the day it hit eighty players. After thinking about that I thought about Survival's busy days when it would hit a hundred, now it gets a good 40. I feel if we difference ourselves and add more things the players want to do and play, then we can boost the player base again.

I loved B-Team when I was into mods, but as I went inactive and returned to B-Team, I forgot alot about the mods. Maybe some links to tutorials about the mods? maybe some contact details if we need to ask questions about certain mods? Or maybe a dedicated rank like [Helper] or something, someone who is okay and fine with helping other newer players.

Why make a new rank when there's already a wiki for this? http://www.attackofthebteamwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page If this doesn't help you, then I don't know what will.

The wiki can be confusing, no need to be so rude about it.

BattleAxium

Quote from: Vallith on May 22, 2016, 01:56 AM
Quote from: Eye_Nine on May 21, 2016, 08:17 PMI, myself have no data sheet, but what I have noticed is our player base. I haven't thought about this since I came back to B-Team. There the player base has dropped and is quiet noticeable in comparison of last year in May, and before that I remember the day it hit eighty players. After thinking about that I thought about Survival's busy days when it would hit a hundred, now it gets a good 40. I feel if we difference ourselves and add more things the players want to do and play, then we can boost the player base again.

I loved B-Team when I was into mods, but as I went inactive and returned to B-Team, I forgot alot about the mods. Maybe some links to tutorials about the mods? maybe some contact details if we need to ask questions about certain mods? Or maybe a dedicated rank like [Helper] or something, someone who is okay and fine with helping other newer players.

Why make a new rank when there's already a wiki for this? http://www.attackofthebteamwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page If this doesn't help you, then I don't know what will.

It's not a matter of being rude, just stating that's all you really need to get started or a refresher in your case. Sure, it may be confusing but there's also videos too.

I just don't understand why  there needs to be a dedicated rank to it since there's staff members who can easily provide the same service you desire.

Pookalton

Quote from: BattleAxium on May 22, 2016, 01:59 AM

It's not a matter of being rude, just stating that's all you really need to get started or a refresher to any modpack. Sure, it may be confusing but there's also videos too. I just don't understand why  there needs to be a dedicated rank to it since there's staff members who can easily provide the same service you desire.

That's why I said "maybe".

BattleAxium

Quote from: Vallith on May 22, 2016, 02:00 AM
Quote from: BattleAxium on May 22, 2016, 01:59 AM

It's not a matter of being rude, just stating that's all you really need to get started or a refresher to any modpack. Sure, it may be confusing but there's also videos too. I just don't understand why  there needs to be a dedicated rank to it since there's staff members who can easily provide the same service you desire.

Gonna let B-Team staff chime in here and decide on that. Just giving my .2 cents on it since I've played B-Team before and never needed a "Helper" rank to tell me how to play.

Pookalton

Look okay, I never said that we NEEDED a helper rank, it was just an idea, some people have good ideas, other people don't. Just because you don't need help to understand the mods doesn't mean other people do. So give it a break. END OF DISCUSSION.

calfrokrill

May 22, 2016, 02:56 AM #56 Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 08:09 AM by Calaurix_95
Quote from: Arias0 on May 22, 2016, 01:54 AMWell, for the brief month or so I've had on this server, I've picked up many things that have stored in the back of my mind that could improve/change for the better. I've had a lot of experience on other games, so if you don't mind I'll just input some ideas I have for you, as it wouldn't hurt me due to this server being something I enjoy day to day.

First off, voting. The reason you're not getting as much votes as you want, is because even though you're rewarding players, most people don't have time or are just to lazy to vote. Some way to fix this are; instead of giving physical item rewards to players, which I don't think is a great incentive at the moment because personally the main reason I vote (Besides to help) is for VoteTokens, but really... they're useless. It'd take a long time to be able to even save for something worth while. So yes, I don't have the solution as of yet. However, It'd be interesting to look into something more creative when it comes to voting. E.g. Events, perks, tally board etc.

How to get more players? Instead of throwing money at advertising websites. Which I can highly vouch is a extreme waste of your money (ESPECIALLY when you aren't flying with donation funds) Instead, cut down on those costs, and focus the money towards new ideas, developers, individual advertising etc. Because I can guarantee unique mini-games, new servers and incentives to spread the word will bring a much more FRIENDLY playerbase then current.

By full reset, I believe you mean wiping the whole server and starting fresh? If so, in reality everyone know's that won't do anything. To make something good, and to achieve your goals you need to push, push and push till you produce something even more amazing then you already have. Point more of your funds towards people who can benefit there specialties to the server then creating new servers when you're currently struggling with your main ones. e.g. survival.

Anyhow, this is just my two cents. I could go into WAY more detail, including ideas and creation, but yeah.

This ^^

And as stated before, voting can be frustrating, using physical items. I've observed that a lot of people don't vote because the rewards are just terrible, and useless too. The tier system as well, is something that a lot of people dislike too, it gives way, way too much confusion. Half the people don't understand:

1: Do you go up a tier, when  you vote for the same website within 24 hours?

2: Do you go up a tier voting after 24 hours?

The tier system is just annoying, and I just think it should be ridden of completely. Yes, it may change the economy, but what's more important? The economy of Virtual money, used for fun,  or the future of the server? You decide.

Towelie

Quote from: BattleAxium on May 22, 2016, 01:56 AMIt'd be interesting to look into something more creative when it comes to voting. E.g. Events, etc.
Managers are constantly "pushing" votes for events. Aka promising players they'll host this or that fun event if we get <x> votes.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Towelie

Quote from: BattleAxium on May 22, 2016, 01:56 AMHow to get more players? Instead of throwing money at advertising websites. Which I can highly vouch is a extreme waste of your money (ESPECIALLY when you aren't flying with donation funds) Instead, cut down on those costs, and focus the money towards new ideas, developers, individual advertising etc. Because I can guarantee unique mini-games, new servers and incentives to spread the word will bring a much more FRIENDLY playerbase then current.
Normal advertising is a waste, but what we're doing now (paying to be sponsored on the first page of voting sites) seems to work and to be one of the things getting us new players and keeping us alive.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

CaykoMarie

Quote from: BattleAxium on May 22, 2016, 02:02 AM
Quote from: Vallith on May 22, 2016, 02:00 AM
Quote from: BattleAxium on May 22, 2016, 01:59 AMIt's not a matter of being rude, just stating that's all you really need to get started or a refresher to any modpack. Sure, it may be confusing but there's also videos too. I just don't understand why  there needs to be a dedicated rank to it since there's staff members who can easily provide the same service you desire.

Gonna let B-Team staff chime in here and decide on that. Just giving my .2 cents on it since I've played B-Team before and never needed a "Helper" rank to tell me how to play.

We are currently looking into a tutorial area, similar to that of /help for Pixelmon. I don't believe extra ranks would be useful, as it could just get incredibly confusing and unnecessary.

However, any and all ideas to help improve the B-Team server are welcome and appreciated. Feel free to forum pm me or add me on Skype if anyone has any ideas!

BattleAxium

Quote from: Towelie on May 22, 2016, 06:26 AM
Quote from: BattleAxium on May 22, 2016, 01:56 AMIt'd be interesting to look into something more creative when it comes to voting. E.g. Events, etc.
Managers are constantly "pushing" votes for events. Aka promising players they'll host this or that fun event if we get <x> votes.

Quote from: Towelie on May 22, 2016, 06:27 AM
Quote from: BattleAxium on May 22, 2016, 01:56 AMHow to get more players? Instead of throwing money at advertising websites. Which I can highly vouch is a extreme waste of your money (ESPECIALLY when you aren't flying with donation funds) Instead, cut down on those costs, and focus the money towards new ideas, developers, individual advertising etc. Because I can guarantee unique mini-games, new servers and incentives to spread the word will bring a much more FRIENDLY playerbase then current.
Normal advertising is a waste, but what we're doing now (paying to be sponsored on the first page of voting sites) seems to work and to be one of the things getting us new players and keeping us alive.

These quotes were from @supermee3 and not me.

Towelie

Quote from: BattleAxium on May 22, 2016, 02:53 PM

My bad, I realized that but I quoted your quote instead of his message.

supermee3

Quote from: BattleAxium on May 22, 2016, 02:53 PM

Not me Battle xD

SuperJK

Quote from: Cazboy10 on May 21, 2016, 03:46 PMI would be one of the ones who would be very pissed if the world reset. My current project Egypt has spoken so much work.
I like the idea of no swearing, but that is just because I've been raised not to swear and it honestly annoys me when others swear. I understand though that some people like to throw around swear words and it could upset them if this rule was implemented.
So basically with both of these ideas you get two parties who are unhappy or happy with the change, I think it would be best if we just left them unchanged.
To bring new players I think there is honestly nothing you can do, at least nothing you're not already doing.
Again with voting there is nothing you can do to get more people to vote, some people just don't care about voting and won't do it no matter what.
Anyways that's just my opinion on all of this, thanks for reading :)
I agree @Caboy10  I have been raised not to swear but now I am a moron who swears looads  now

/warp SteveCoMuseum

SuperJK

Quote from: Zatur6ay on May 21, 2016, 05:31 PMHow to get more players

For new players, the decision of stay or leave is just a short time.

1. To make the server attractive to the new players, we should make use of starter hotbar to promote the feature of the server.
For example (Survival server),
:slimeball: a starter crate #0? with a key
:slimeball: iron tools
:slimeball: a chicken pet
* Note: I dont remember what can we get for the survival server exactly, hmmm pretty much just damn wooden tools.

2. New player town with houses for renting. For people don't want to live alone and want to join a community as soon as possible.

How to get the players to vote more

1. Vote tutorial video - No kidding some kids really don't know how to vote.
* Note: Should be include how to level up vote tire as well

2. Add more stuff to vote token shop. Furniture maybe  :P

What can we do to keep things interesting?

1. a bi-weekly update resource world with dungeons :mobspawner: and ruins :chest: . Cuz players love adventure :)

2. Building achievements with badge reward to get players busy.

3. RPG - collect materials to exchange a special enchanted item.

About full reset
If I need to start all over, I would like to find a new experience. (You know what I mean right?) Quit SFT and Join other server.
We used to have furniture but the plugin broke after 1.9 because of 1.8 armour stands BTW the starter crate is...

a Guest helmet leather helm

wood tools

and foood and also a steve.co key

/warp SteveCoMuseum