Apr 27, 2024, 12:58 PM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

Re-enable end?

Started by MrRed2016, May 27, 2016, 10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Re-enable end?

Yes
13 (56.5%)
No
3 (13%)
Don't care
7 (30.4%)
Impossible to re-enable?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: May 29, 2016, 12:35 PM

MrRed2016

May 27, 2016, 10:50 PM Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 12:38 PM by MrRed2016
Vote above if you want end re-enabled.

Yes, there is one for "impossible" because it might not be possible on our server due to some developments.

@Towelie

omelott

Let's bring back the end! :laugh:

Fractalion

I doubt the end will be readded since it doesn't really add much to the game that the emporium cannot already provide. Furthermore, re-enabling the end would make elytras slightly more accessible, and would introduce dragon heads into the economy. (Plus the added strain on the server for a dimension which, once again, doesn't really do much.)

This being said, there are a couple of things I would like to see:
  • Add dragon breath to the emporium so that we can craft lingering potions and make tipped arrows.
  • Reduce the cost of end stone/end stone brick. The price of end stone was set to 10000 back in 2011 when it was introduced because we wanted to use it as a temporary drain on the economy during the month after release when it was a hot item. I know this because I was at the meeting where this was decided. It's been almost five years since the release of 1.0.0 now. It's time to give end stone a price that isn't absolutely insane.
  • Add dragon heads to the list of things the emporium sells. They aren't that different from the other mob heads, and it would be cool to have access to them. (As far as I'm aware, the only difference is that the mouth moves when the head is receiving power from redstone, which is kinda cool and can be used as decoration in a few situations)

Terror134

Make the End the new Skyrealm

American_Walrus

I don't see much of a point, I agree with most everything that @Fractalion said

MrRed2016

Quote from: Fractalion on May 28, 2016, 12:26 AMI doubt the end will be readded since it doesn't really add much to the game that the emporium cannot already provide. Furthermore, re-enabling the end would make elytras slightly more accessible, and would introduce dragon heads into the economy. (Plus the added strain on the server for a dimension which, once again, doesn't really do much.)

• Add dragon breath to the emporium so that we can craft lingering potions and make tipped arrows.
  • Reduce the cost of end stone/end stone brick. The price of end stone was set to 10000 back in 2011 when it was introduced because we wanted to use it as a temporary drain on the economy during the month after release when it was a hot item. I know this because I was at the meeting where this was decided. It's been almost five years since the release of 1.0.0 now. It's time to give end stone a price that isn't absolutely insane.
  • Add dragon heads to the list of things the emporium sells. They aren't that different from the other mob heads, and it would be cool to have access to them. (As far as I'm aware, the only difference is that the mouth moves when the head is receiving power from redstone, which is kinda cool and can be used as decoration in a few situations)

The whole point of the end being re-enabled is so I can get good amounts of endstone without having to spend a fortune. If the price at emp was extremely lowered, I wouldn't have a problem. Because golly, if you want to make something with the stuff, you'd end up spending like 1-2mil emp.

GotAnError

With that logic, why have the Nether if we have the Emporium? Why have biomes if we have the Emporium? Why even let people mine or farm when we have the Emporium?

The Emporium is for getting resources, but that is where it stops. From what I have seen, the End was barely used for resources. People went there to kill/spend time. It was another way to entertain people. And gosh darn, did it do a great job at that. The End was special, because SFT tweaked it in such a way that it was special. I was hella scared whenever I went to the End and was surrounded by like 69 Withers.

My point is, there is also no reason not to add it. Would an abundance of Endstone really break the economy? It's basically dirt now that it's used for Chorus plant farms, so there is no point in keeping it expensive. As for the monster drops like Enderdragon heads, those can just be turned off. So that should also not be a reason to keep the End away.

Just re-add the End and tweak it a bit to make it work with SFT's goals, dreams and guidelines. Perhaps make it harder, just like the Nether. Perhaps make tools break faster. Or even make it a small building world. There are endless possibilities. Don't let the economy hold something else back... again.
Screw the modern world! Our lovely earth is flat, ask the Medieval men!

MrC0W

The end should be re-enabled. Yes, you can buy it all at the emporium, but it is sometimes expensive. Furthermore, people may not have the EMP to buy it, or just simply want to do it legit.

Autoshops also sell end materials, but make no profit if they buy it from the emporium and just re-sell it.

As Error mentioned, if it has the possibilities to break the economy, tweak the end, and if needs be, tweak the economy as well. End stone, for example, is important now that chorus flowers are a thing, yet it is very expensive, and for players who don't have the EMP, impossible to get. Re-enable the end!

Cow  :cow:

Sparkle_Sun

Emporium prices were designed for having the End accessible, if it isn't brought back they most likely will be altered somewhat.

Towelie

Quote from: Fractalion on May 28, 2016, 12:26 AMI doubt the end will be readded since it doesn't really add much to the game that the emporium cannot already provide. Furthermore, re-enabling the end would make elytras slightly more accessible, and would introduce dragon heads into the economy. (Plus the added strain on the server for a dimension which, once again, doesn't really do much.)

What Frac said.

@Sparkle_Sun - Get sme some prices for dragon breath? As for dragon heads I want them to be expensive as I've sold heads to players for 10mil +. I'm not saying make them cost 10 mil but probably 2+ mil. Feel free to debate people.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Sparkle_Sun

Quote from: Towelie on May 28, 2016, 03:36 PM

What Frac said.

@Sparkle_Sun - Get sme some prices for dragon breath? As for dragon heads I want them to be expensive as I've sold heads to players for 10mil +. I'm not saying make them cost 10 mil but probably 2+ mil. Feel free to debate people.
I can give an estimate but I don't work with potions at all. If someone has a good price range it'd be more accurate than mine.

Fractalion

I can see your point GotAnError, but it's still another world altogether. If we were to add it, we'd probably have to get rid of another world.

What are we going to get rid of? The two building worlds are basically essential, the veteran world works as both a reward and a place for people that dislike having people build random dirt shacks beside them, the gaming world is needed so that the two building worlds don't get covered by random games scattered all over the place, and the nether is a far more useful world than the end. It has a greater variety of mobs, it has more useful items, and we've already spent time customising the nether experience.

Don't get me wrong, I think there are some cool things about the end, but I do think it is a bit boring. It doesn't have that many items that are unique to it, and while it's true that we could use the end as new version of the sky realm, I think that would be more popular if we just had a normal sky realm.

I think it's just a lot easier to add the couple new items to the emporium, and reduce the price of end stone to somewhere around the cost of stone.

As for the cost of breath sparkle, I'd probably make it somewhere between the cost of a glass bottle and blaze powder. If a person knows what they're doing they can get as much breath as they want from a single dragon fight, anyway. It shouldn't be that expensive.

Stancrazy

In regard to the dragon head, I'd estimate it to be worth around 5- 7.5~ mil seeing as it was sold for 10mil+ to some players, it wold be unfair to lower the prize so drastically. I understand it's merely cosmetic, but it's got a rarity to it.

Stoovs

I think that the price of Dragon's Breath should be more costly than that of Blaze Powder and a glass bottle. Blaze Powder is much easier to farm than that of Dragon's Breath. With the use of spawners, it's very quick and easy to grab yourself a whole bunch of blaze rods which equates to easy blaze powder. As for Dragon's Breath, it's harder to farm because it takes time and there is a risk of dying (The End Dragon's knockback is way more powerful now).

I don't think it should be super expensive however, because it is currently not possible to get on SFT with the End disabled. I think the price should be somewhere around the 400-500 EMP price range instead of around 300-400 EMP, all things considered.
"There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts" -Voltaire

Fractalion

Quote from: Stoovs on May 28, 2016, 06:23 PMI think that the price of Dragon's Breath should be more costly than that of Blaze Powder and a glass bottle. Blaze Powder is much easier to farm than that of Dragon's Breath. With the use of spawners, it's very quick and easy to grab yourself a whole bunch of blaze rods which equates to easy blaze powder. As for Dragon's Breath, it's harder to farm because it takes time and there is a risk of dying (The End Dragon's knockback is way more powerful now).

I don't think it should be super expensive however, because it is currently not possible to get on SFT with the End disabled. I think the price should be somewhere around the 400-500 EMP price range instead of around 300-400 EMP, all things considered.

Also, if you look at Etho's video on the subject he doesn't seem to have that much trouble with it. (Starts around the 21 minute mark)

He dies a few times, but that was his first time trying to get dragon breath, and this was with little to no knowledge of how to be efficient when collecting it. As long as you know the mechanics of the dragon fight you probably won't die all that often, and you can get a ton of dragon breath in the process.

That's why I'd say the price should be somewhere between the bottle that is used to collect it and a nether potion material such as blaze powder.

MrRed2016

Votes in, don't know if we should even rely on the results.