Apr 27, 2024, 03:22 PM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

[Ark] Status update

Started by Dpa1991, Jun 15, 2016, 03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dpa1991

Hey guys,

I know I've been quiet about the ark server but I can assure you - its because i've been insanely busy setting it up. Together me and star have logged 160+ hours studying Ark so we have an understanding of how this game works. I think we're pretty set on the mods we will be using, heres a list of what we're using:

(Click here to view mods)

I am currently working on the level cap for players & dinos, the xp rates, the difficulty settings and backend stuff. I am trying to streamline mod updates, as it stands currently I have to update on my pc then upload them to the server. Which that translates into 15-30m of server downtime each time the mods need to be updated. So it's a learning process, if you have any suggestions for the mods I have in that document, feel free to comment as well.

Also if you're in our steam group I'll be hosting testing events on there every so often so  keep an eye out!

Izzdaer

stormshooter

Towelie

Looking forward to seing the server online!
I think of it as the next Pix! (popularity wise)

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

CallOfTheElements

Cannot wait to see it, I may be getting ark soon.

Dpa1991

ZachAttack1170

Great job! Hopefully I can get Ark and get on the server.

SnipeMasterShark

Currently taming something on ARK official server now, while dreaming of the SFT ARK

PSYCHED

P.S. it really is a truly amazing game, you should all come try it if you are able. This server will be the bomb

Mrs_Ender88

Good work. Can't wait to get to play on it sometime :)  :heart:
Life is what you make it, so make it great.
Love with all your heart.
❤Mrs_Ender❤ - Today at 2:25 PM >8ball should I be binned?
HovenBOT - Today at 2:25 PM As I see it, yes

Caz10

Can't wait. I love ARK.

Dpa1991

Quote from: SnipeMasterShark on Jun 15, 2016, 07:45 PMCurrently taming something on ARK official server now, while dreaming of the SFT ARK

PSYCHED

P.S. it really is a truly amazing game, you should all come try it if you are able. This server will be the bomb

Which one will you be playing on, pvp or pve?

ste2302

Looking forward to this :)

Arias0

Looking forward to it.

Great work dpa and star, we appreciate it!

SnipeMasterShark

Quote from: Dpa1991 on Jun 15, 2016, 09:06 PM
Quote from: SnipeMasterShark on Jun 15, 2016, 07:45 PMCurrently taming something on ARK official server now, while dreaming of the SFT ARK

PSYCHED

Which one will you be playing on, pvp or pve?

Probably PVP.

I'm not a huge raider but for some reason I find PVE boring. Also there are somethings I should mention about PVE and some problems with it on the official servers:

In PVE you cannot demolish an active players structures, so trolling abounds. Examples include parking boats covered with x-plant turrets around big dino spawnpoints and building foundations at the big resource spawns, such as at the volcano to stop metal from respawning and in the north to stop oil rocks from respawning, which is a huge hassle.

Another is excessive land claiming via pillars and foundations. Some1 could literraly claim the entire map, not sure if a mod exists to deminish this or not, as owner you could fix it but it might be a lot of work. tho i suppose he could be banned which would make him inactive for demolishing his stuff

Other problems include massive amounts of taming that eventually tax the server heavily and slow down natural dinosuar spawns. Everyone just amasses hundreds of dinos. Maybe make a dino # cap per tribe?

Just some experiences....

Towelie

I'll probably be playing PvP too even though initially I said I'd play PvE.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Pookalton

if it's okay, I would like to know about the rates, most specifically the tame rates. IMO Even like 10x tame rates are way too slow. So, just a siggest but maybe like... 50 - 60 times? I dunno, up to you! :)

MrRed2016

Been working on a singleplayer base for awhile. PC may not work really well on servers. But love where this is going!

Also add me on steam, name MrRed2016