Apr 27, 2024, 05:52 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

World 2 reset and build move arrangements

Started by Brightpkz, Jun 19, 2016, 03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brightpkz

Jun 19, 2016, 03:01 PM Last Edit: Jun 19, 2016, 07:37 PM by Brightpkz
Hey guys, on behalf of the manager team, I would like to explain the arrangements to be made for /w2 reset and the build moves in greater detail.

As a staff team, the following scheme was come up with during meeting to allow for players to have multiple builds moved but also in a fair way.

No. of build(s) moved:Cost
Free of charge
500k emp or 50 vote tokens
1mil emp or 100 vote tokens

The reason we decided to introduce this scheme is because we hope to provide you players more opportunity to preserve your memories shared in these builds. Also, you may notice the acceptance of payment via. vote tokens and that is because of two reasons. One, we would like to reduce the amount of vote tokens flowing around the world to improve the economy of them and hopefully cause a price rise for them to at least 10k. Two, we would like to promote voting because, as you may notice, vote tokens actually provide an advantage in that if we take them as 8k each, the first build move would save you 100k emp, and the next saving you a further 200k.

Apologies for the long post, but the above are the detailed arrangements for the build moves and intentions behind them following Towelie's post.

Link to request for build move: http://goo.gl/forms/WqWQE09Fq3KQjLXf2

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

stormshooter

It's easy to abuse this feature using alt accounts to transfer more free builds.
Will you be ip checking players and adding punishments if people do try to abuse this?

Brightpkz

Quote from: TeraStorm on Jun 19, 2016, 03:05 PMIt's easy to abuse this feature using alt accounts to transfer more free builds.
Will you be ip checking players and adding punishments if people do try to abuse this?

This is very true indeed, thank you for the suggestion. We will certainly look into that.

TheStarNomad✯

Jun 19, 2016, 04:29 PM #3 Last Edit: Jun 19, 2016, 04:45 PM by Dreamξηder ღ
On behalf of the people who know you'll apply to this-

What about the people who have a few builds they really like and wish to move them all, yet they either don't have 1 million or they don't want to part with it because you have to work hard to get money?

As well as this getting vote tokens is super hard, and you barely get any from voting, so I dont see a lot of people having more than 50.

Idk, just seems a little unfair for some.

P.S - How big do builds have to be before you can't have it moved?

Long time StarNomad

Lucy_23x

Quote from: Dreamξηder ღ on Jun 19, 2016, 04:29 PMOn behalf of the people who know you'll apply to this-

What about the people who have a few builds they really like and wish to move them all, yet they either don't have 1 million or they don't want to part with it because you have to work hard to get money?

This is true, I don't think it is fair if someone has worked on 2 or more builds and spent a ton of money, and then have to spend more money just because of a reset. I'm not saying if someone has 5 massive dirt houses that you move them all, but if they have put a lot of effort into them I think it would be fair to move them. I have builds that I would like to keep and I don't want to spend all my money to keep them every 6 months or however often the reset is.

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

Aymaneto

Quote from: Dreamξηder ღ on Jun 19, 2016, 04:29 PMOn behalf of the people who know you'll apply to this-

I completely agree, maybe some people could move 2 builds for 500k yes,  but some of us have more builds than that amount which also concludes we spent alot of time and effort on our builds. Let's say i have my autoshop, house and maybe my secondary one then i'd have to spend 1million which i don't exactly have. Not hating, just stating my own opinion

MasterX70

Jun 19, 2016, 04:39 PM #6 Last Edit: Jun 19, 2016, 04:43 PM by MasterX70
What they said^ xd
Though I do like the inclusion of tokens being used.

HD

The reason for why it's high is because of this: To promote voting even more, so i see the prices are very fair.

GotAnError

Time to part with 500k and 50 vote tokens.
Screw the modern world! Our lovely earth is flat, ask the Medieval men!

Lucy_23x

Quote from: Halla on Jun 19, 2016, 04:41 PMThe reason for why it's high is because of this: To promote voting even more, so i see the prices are very fair.
I vote as much as I can and I think its unfair. ok.

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

Lucy_23x

Quote from: Dreamξηder ღ on Jun 19, 2016, 04:29 PMAs well as this getting vote tokens is super hard, and you barely get any from voting, so I dont see a lot of people having more than 50.

True too^
come on people we aren't all millionaires, even with the amount of swagger I have.

Nicadean33

The entire reason for world resets is because the world is getting too cluttered with builds. By allowing people to move multiple builds, we are just feeding the problem we are trying to get away from. Yes, I've worked hard on builds I would like to keep but know that at some point I must part with them. Look at it as an opportunity to start over and make something even better than before.

@Brightpkz will the managers be creating a post for people to apply to get their builds moved like in the past? Or will it be free game as to calling on the managers when you see them in-game? I would be more than happy to run a table for build moves but I'm sure if you all decide on it you are more than capable of keeping it yourself. Just wondering! :)

Brightpkz

Good idea guys. I will make a google form shortly.

Brightpkz

As well as this getting vote tokens is super hard, and you barely get any from voting, so I dont see a lot of people having more than 50.

Also, the build move scheme detailed above shouldn't be considered as a program, it's more so a privillege. We're giving 2-3 weeks for moving. I don't think gathering 1mil could be that hard for established players with multiple builds. And as nica said, build moves are to free up space, not necessarily allow players have every single one of their builds moved.

PandaPugz

I would like to ask a question.

What exactly counts as 1 build?

My friends house looks exactly like mine and is pretty close to mine, the 2 builds connect via a underground 'tunnel' which leads to each others basements. Would our houses be moved together or will that count as 2 builds? She doesn't really play on the server that much anymore, but it'll be a shame if her house gets lost in the reset and she loses all her items.

maxwolf28

Quote from: GotAnError on Jun 19, 2016, 04:46 PMTime to part with 500k and 50 vote tokens.
@GotAnError
its 500k or 50 tokens, so you don't lose both :D.

Lucy_23x

Quote from: Brightpkz on Jun 19, 2016, 05:29 PM[ I don't think gathering 1mil could be that hard for established players with multiple builds. And as nica said, build moves are to free up space, not necessarily allow players have every single one of their builds moved.

1) 1 mil is a lot to some people, so you're just saying "rip all the newer people it doesn't matter about them" and you expect older players to just have tons of cash?

2) freeing up a world from cluttered builds such as things people have built and now don't play anymore, but if the builds are wanted then surely that's not "clutter" but just someone's build.

As well as adding "to part with a build and rebuild another one" I'm not rebuilding the same build every reset, and losing a favourite build because may discourage others from playing. Especially if they cannot afford to pay extra.
Survival, you ain't meant to build something then had it destroyed just because you couldn't pay or something. Sure, I'm used to having my hard work put into builds destroyed because hey faction player, but I know a lot of people aren't, and honestly, I'd prefer not to have another thing I've built destroyed. You may not have many builds and aren't bothered, but you aren't everyone.

Tombo_

Quote from: Halla on Jun 19, 2016, 04:41 PMThe reason for why it's high is because of this: To promote voting even more, so i see the prices are very fair.

Players would be extremely lucky to acquire fifty vote tokens in a month let alone in 2/3 weeks you're allowing for the buildings to be moved.

I've never really understood the point of paying money to move something you already payed money to make and possibly own (veteran world plots). It seems ridiculous to pay 1 million emp bucks. Despite it not appearing to be a lot of money to many staff; who are the minority backing up the first post, it is if the player doesn't player often or is restricted in what they can do in forthcoming weeks the system is not at all fair to those individuals. Just seems like it's causing more hysteria and confusion than benefits.

Quote from: Brightpkz on Jun 19, 2016, 05:29 PMI don't think gathering 1mil could be that hard for established players with multiple builds.

What about the players who aren't so 'established' and own multiple builds hmm?

Brightpkz

Jun 19, 2016, 06:01 PM #18 Last Edit: Jun 19, 2016, 06:16 PM by Brightpkz
Quote from: Lucy_23x on Jun 19, 2016, 05:53 PM
Quote from: Brightpkz on Jun 19, 2016, 05:29 PM[ I don't think gathering 1mil could be that hard for established players with multiple builds. And as nica said, build moves are to free up space, not necessarily allow players have every single one of their builds moved.

1) 1 mil is a lot to some people, so you're just saying "rip all the newer people it doesn't matter about them" and you expect older players to just have tons of cash?

2) freeing up a world from cluttered builds such as things people have built and now don't play anymore, but if the builds are wanted then surely that's not "clutter" but just someone's build.

As well as adding "to part with a build and rebuild another one" I'm not rebuilding the same build every reset, and losing a favourite build because may discourage others from playing. Especially if they cannot afford to pay extra.
Survival, you ain't meant to build something then had it destroyed just because you couldn't pay or something. Sure, I'm used to having my hard work put into builds destroyed because hey faction player, but I know a lot of people aren't, and honestly, I'd prefer not to have another thing I've built destroyed. You may not have many builds and aren't bothered, but you aren't everyone.

We're not saying that. If we're trying to be inconsiderate for the new players, we would not have even moved the first one for free. You guys have to understand that a fee is necessary to reduce the amount of moves. And this is definitely the minimal to reduce moves.

Another thing. As long as you explain that the two builds are connected and could be classed as one, that should be fine.

We're imposing this as an option for elder players, players who need their builds. Also, we need a payment because the economy of both emp bucks and vote tokens are horrible. We're trying to drain the supply of both and this is the best way to do it. To not hurt the space of the future world 2 but also allow for players to move builds, but at the same time draining money and promoting inflation for vote tokens because their prices are so low now that voting becomes unnecessary to obtain them.

Honestly, everytime something regarding emp bucks is posted, the new players are brought up. But honestly, this scheme in no ways harms them. The policy was always one build move per player. Adding the two options were a bonus.

Finally, I honestly don't see why the big fuss. People seem to be making an issue out of everything that involves money. New players usually only have one build that genuinely matters - their home. Their "grinders" cannot be moved due to our premium shop policies and more than often, their shops are of less importance.

Lucy_23x

Quote from: Brightpkz on Jun 19, 2016, 06:01 PMtheir shops are of less importance.

You say that to them, alright. You tell the newer people that their shops actually mean absolutely nothing. I remember when I did play survival ages ago and I had a lil shop which I loved very much, reset took it away, really upset me, so don't go sayin' that.

I'm not very good at picking out very small quotes from people so i'll just type it. Seeing what coco said about having to spend money on a build that you already spent a lot of money and time on seems very unfair.
And yes - if the fact that the loss of a lot of emp due to something is going to happen then people are going to speak up, and its the people who cant afford, or can only just afford. We don't want to waste every scrap of our cash on something we have already put time and effort.

You don't know what people's builds mean to them, they might have some type of meaning or whatever, you don't know that? I will not name any builds but I can definitely think of some which are now gone.

I don't understand why you say its a privilege to have our builds moved, because if we didn't have the ability to move any of our builds, then people would get sick of trying to build up what they used to have.
I have 3 builds that I can think of right now that I would like moved, but they are in different areas. Although this, if I could move them myself, I would move them together so they are easily accessible instead of separate warps. AGAIN, I don't see how doing this is suddenly "cluttering up" the new world, if they are being moved together into the same area and will be used.
The new world is to clear the clutter, yes, but not to kill off half of people's hard work and builds they have created.

Brightpkz

Right.

Why it's a privilege. It's a privilege because in the past, it was always a one build per player policy. However, we decided to loosen up and give players more freedom, offering subsequent build moves for more money. That is just as fair as it gets.

If we look at the past few build moves, we never had problems about only having one build moved. But we always had people ranting about not having enough build moves. Hence, the option opened. It's a privilege to have additional builds moved. I never said it was a privilege to have one build moved. It's a right to have one build moved. You're taking my words out of context.

Moving on, why it's cluttering the world. The world these builds will be going to is the already existent /w1. Which means, it's already inhabited. Further, we're talking about build moves from thousands of players. One each would be clustering enough, imagine subsequent ones. Hence, the charge so not EVERYONE comes and gets 3 moves. Can you imagine how clogged up the world will be? I'm sure you wouldn't want to live in a house where there are people surrounding you everywhere.

Finally, I for one definitely have an idea of what builds mean to players. Because, during a reset, I for one had to lose an entire town. I lost my GeneralTown that I lived in as a Guest -> Veteran. 

The staff team discussed this during meeting and this price was agreed upon. I see your point, but there's simply no way for it to be implemented. For sure we do want to please everyone but not by clogging up an entire world that we spent so much time clearing up with BCV runs.

I hope you guys could see things from our perspective too.

Also, since you quoted me. The reason I said their shops are of less importance is because compared to their house, it is. Shops could be easily made again as long as the stocks are stored in the house before the move. Again, my text was taken out of context.

Incase I haven't made myself clear enough. It is a privilege to be paid for to have subsequent builds moved. It's a right to have a build moved per player.

Katherine

If the build moves were considerably cheaper, then everyone would be moving lots of builds, which defeats the purpose of a world reset, to declutter our worlds. It's expensive for a reason, so we get limited builds moved over.

Lucy_23x

There aren't thousands of players on the sever.
About 30-ish will ask.
Unless the world is mega small, everyone should find a place to have their builds.
If two separate builds are moved together as one, then it takes up less space.
If people have more than one build then maybe they could talk to someone privately.

And be honest, what are you actually gonna do with all the money you're going to obtain, give it to the newer players to help them? I've never seen anyone do that, I'm the only person who I know of (obviously cus I'm myself) who does that - apologies to anyone else who does this I'm not aware.
I could say more, but I need to go. I can take this into private chat if you want and I promise I wont get "vicious" as people say I am.. ¬_¬

Katherine

As you know, our economy has seen better days. Expensive build moves are also draining money out of our economy, which we've been finding ways to do for a while now.

Mrs_Ender88

Life is what you make it, so make it great.
Love with all your heart.
❤Mrs_Ender❤ - Today at 2:25 PM >8ball should I be binned?
HovenBOT - Today at 2:25 PM As I see it, yes