Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

Would you rather be rich or famous?

Started by Mrs_Ender88, Jun 25, 2016, 01:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you rather be rich or famous?

rich
famous

Mrs_Ender88

Would you rather be rich or famous? You can only choice one. Please explain why if you would like to.  ;D
Life is what you make it, so make it great.
Love with all your heart.
❤Mrs_Ender❤ - Today at 2:25 PM >8ball should I be binned?
HovenBOT - Today at 2:25 PM As I see it, yes

Green_Giant

Secretly rich, never really liked attention.

GotAnError

But.. fame will get me lots of money...
Screw the modern world! Our lovely earth is flat, ask the Medieval men!

CaykoMarie

Like Green, I'd rather be secretly wealthy and then leave a bunch of money to my family/a charity when I pass that no one knew about.

Aymaneto

Secretly rich is my best option xd

JohnOaklyjohn

smallfry5545

Wouldn't want all the attention of fame so I would rather be secretly rich :P

BattleAxium

Jun 25, 2016, 03:22 AM #7 Last Edit: Jun 25, 2016, 03:28 AM by BattleAxium
Neither, money or attention doesn't bring happiness. So, why would I want to be either?

Arias0

Quote from: BattleAxium on Jun 25, 2016, 03:22 AMNeither, money or attention doesn't bring happiness. So, why would I want to be either?
Money does bring happiness.

BattleAxium

Quote from: Jay on Jun 25, 2016, 03:32 AM
Quote from: BattleAxium on Jun 25, 2016, 03:22 AMNeither, money or attention doesn't bring happiness. So, why would I want to be either?

In my opinion, money doesn't bring happiness. Happiness can not be purchased, you can shop all day and buy all types of products and what have you, but no matter how much money you have, it will not bring you happiness.

Arias0

Quote from: BattleAxium on Jun 25, 2016, 03:45 AM
Quote from: Jay on Jun 25, 2016, 03:32 AM

In my opinion, money doesn't bring happiness. Happiness can not be purchased, you can shop all day and buy all types of products and what have you, but no matter how much money you have, it will not bring you happiness.
Correct, but no money doesn't bring happiness either.

Sure, it's not ALL happiness, but it contributes to a big part.

lionblaze10

I'm not going to talk about my income as it is quite high and I really don't want to brash to others who may not be as fortunate as myself. I chose rich,  which I am not... just low upper class, mainly because I despise large amounts of attention.

SFT'S sexiest pig,
》lionblaze10
Honour: If you need it defined, you don't have it

BattleAxium

Quote from: Jay on Jun 25, 2016, 06:36 AMCorrect, but no money doesn't bring happiness either.

Sure, it's not ALL happiness, but it contributes to a big part.

That's not necessarily true. Having no money doesn't always mean you aren't happy. There are plenty of happy poor people. Money can't bring true happiness. I am not saying that money isn't important. In fact we need money to survive, but it shouldn't be the focus of our lives.

Many people see money as their main goal of life, but if they do that, this will make them superficial, and they might even do things to protrude others. Money helps us to achieve our goals, but can not be our motive to live. Granted, it will bring short term happiness but will not last long term.

Darth_Noob

I would much rather just be wealthy because being someone famous is quite annoying. Let's say if I just wanted to have some dinner out in peace, there would be people marching up to me to say hi, I would just not get my own freedom.

Lazy_0ne

I chose rich because honestly I wouldn't be able to deal with people constantly judging everything I do.

Tombo_

Rich so I can marry someone famous :*

Fire_Lord_Nero

Nubbun

Quote from: Cocobutter03 on Jun 25, 2016, 11:24 PMRich so I can marry someone famous :*
Aww change my vote to famous so I can marry coco D:

\(◎o◎)/

blalp

Neither. I do not want to be rich or famous.
Have a fantastic day!

Tombo_

Quote from: magl on Jun 26, 2016, 03:00 PM
Quote from: Cocobutter03 on Jun 25, 2016, 11:24 PMRich so I can marry someone famous :*
Aww change my vote to famous so I can marry coco D:
Perhaps I could make an exception ;)

Rainbowgirl

Rich because if I'm famous people will notice me. ;-; Plus I can hide my richness :P

BloodQueenRazlc

Famous so I can get people to play SFT and I could eventually get money.

TheStarNomad✯

Secretly rich so I can spend my life actually living it instead of wasting my time trying to make money in this failing economy.

Long time StarNomad

Katherine

Rich because lots of abroad theme park trips!

darknuju

It depends? Am I just being given fame/fortune like a genie granting a wish? If so I would say neither because I don't want something that I have not really worked for especially not something others HAVE worked very very hard for. If this is rather and end goal from hard work I would prefer fortune as I feel I could not only provide for my family, friends, and others I care about but I could put it to use to help people (and in addition some luxury would be nice but it is far from priority). But in reality I need neither.