Mar 19, 2024, 04:57 AM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

[Music] Did Drake really donate $1 million in his 'God's Plan' music video?

Started by lioneatszebra, Feb 16, 2018, 10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lioneatszebra

Did Drake really donate $1 million in his new music video? The internet is humbled by "God's Plan" for good reason

Giving fans plenty of reason to smile with his latest project, Drake donated $1 million in his "God's Plan" music video, and the internet is completely humbled by his display of generosity. According to Complex, the rapper reportedly used the entire budget, which was intended for the shooting and production of his highly anticipated "God's Plan" video as a charitable donation to those in need around the greater Miami area.

As the powerful video kicks off, fans catch a glimpse of the exact amount which is revealed to be $996,631.90. The opening title card goes on to read, "We gave it all away. Don't tell the label." The video, which was notably released a day ahead of National Random Acts of Kindness Day, quickly moves into Drake making his way around town to share the wealth with some unsuspecting fans in the area.

Among the many contributions, Drake donated $25,000 to Miami Senior High School, while also offering a University of Miami student a $50,000 scholarship check, according to People. Throughout the moving vid, he also makes an announcement over a bullhorn in a supermarket, telling shoppers, "Anything you want in the store is free, so grab whatever you guys want." Drake additionally gave another $50,000 to a women's shelter and surprises a few unsuspecting families with stacks of cash. He even made a stop at the mall to offer some fans an opportunity to purchase whatever they'd like as he dances around the department store with Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown. It was earlier reported that the pair teamed up to take a local hotel maid on a $10,000 shopping spree, according to the Miami Herald.

The acts of charity brought many of the recipients to cheers and tears as the rapper showcased a huge display of kindness to those around him. Fans of the video were awed by the outpouring of generosity, taking to Twitter to share all their emotions.

The video is certainly one of Drake's more emotional productions as of late. Among the many touching moments throughout, there is a heartfelt convo between Drake and a young man in which he gives a sweet shout out to all of mothers of the world — including his own. As the video closes, he shares, "We're nothing without our mothers. Gotta make sure you take care of your mom, too, no matter what you do. It's all we got. Trust me. That's my world."

In a Feb. 15 Instagram post, Drake referred to the music video as "the most important thing I have ever done in my career" and it seems that his fans agree. Solidifying his status as an icon in the music world, Drake has won over the hearts of many with this latest display of kindness.

Bustle
bustle.com
brb, living offline