Apr 27, 2024, 10:27 PM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

Starting a new town and burning all my money. Join the Hub now!!!

Started by Calamador, Sep 20, 2023, 07:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calamador

Hi SFT, I've been playing on this server for quite a long time.  I've amassed quite the fortune of rare items, EMP, and built quite a lot of things I'm proud of.  But in this time I feel something has been missing.  One of the things which I enjoy most about playing on a server is seeing all of the builds that all of you create!  But flying over the server randomly is always kinda a pain which is why I've decided to start a town!  The idea behind this town is to have a bunch of buildings made by all the members of the server which have 2 way sign warps both from the Hub to a build of yours and from the build back to the Hub.  This way rapid transit to all of the cool builds of the server will be readily accessible!

Now you may be wondering why would I do this?  Why bother building in this town?  And what was that bit in the title about burning all of your money Calamador?
I've amassed a treasure trove of 64 different bundles of goodies all of which can be viewed at:

/warp hub_prize

The warp also serves as a sniffer petting zoo!

Here are a sampling of some of the goodies you can acquire:
900 Vote tokens!!! Enough for FLY perms.
64 Steveco Crate Keys!!!  Open all your spare crates.
1 Beacon!!!  Beam your very own bat signal!  Also the buffs are nice.
64 Sponges!!!  A rare commodity, great for Pyrofishing and bragging.
10,000,000 EMP!!!  Money, straight up just a lot of money.

The way this will work is that the top 3 builds of this contest will get to hand pick their reward from the prize room.  The remaining 61 prizes will be put in to a big redstone contraption(construction pending) and be assigned to random members of the town.

Additionally every unique person who enters will receive a goodybag of 1 sponge, 1 steveco Key, and 1 diamond block guaranteed, no RNG involved!!! (offer only valid for the first 150 entrants)

So hopefully me burning the vast majority of my wealth is enough to entice you to build in this town but now onto the topic of how to enter.  The town is located in W1 at

/warp hub

Simply choose an empty plot to build on and if I or another Mod is on ask to be added to it.  If no mods or myself are online name an item with your username using an anvil and place it on any of the empty chests to claim the plot for yourself.

To count for the raffle your plot should include a 2 way sign warp to another build that you have on the server.  To create a sign warp simply create a sign with the text:

[Warp]
Name_of_warp

be sure to make 2 warps and set them up so that one sign leads to the other for easy travel to and from the Hub!

In addition as I expect this town to be very populated I'll forbid the creation of an auto within the town limits itself.  Instead there will be a marketing district for you to advertise your own Autoshops from!

Do try and keep your builds lit up and of course follow all the usual server rules for building.  Other than that have fun and I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

This contest will remain open until November 18th at 2:00PM PST

Mazeworker

Sure... I'll like to build something... hint: its not a maze as the name implies...

Calamador

And we have our winners:

#1 samanthasnee (the most detailed build that I've seen in a long while!!! So much variance in each room.)
#2 emily142 (Love the cozy feeling of this build!  the garden is super cute!)
#3 Nicadean33 (Brick building with a super unique design!  Rocking a style all its own.)
#4 MsDeadlyDawn (I love the structure of this build.  Great use of carpeting.)
#5 George_Filos (love the modern style with a garage that incorperates a path to the road)

Thank you all so much for participating.  For the winners please either post here or ping me with what prize you would like to claim from hub_prize.  So far the winners who have claimed their prizes are Samanthasnee and Emily 142.
For those of you who have not yet claimed a prize take a look at /warp hub_prize and list your top 3 prizes you would like.

Special thanks to everyone who participated:

Nicadean33
NectocarisLinen
MarisaKirisame
Megasmilax
Vacsinator
Thatfluffyboi
Jaktt1337
MsDeadlyDawn
George_Filos
ReimuHakureix3
ManaCipher
emily142
samanthasnee
ilovefrxst
ropeclimber
Judge_Bird
Sybarr
Specterminate
ollie505

The raffle for the remainder of the prizes will occur next weekend on 11/25/23 at 2pm PST

emily142

Are you raffling prizes to everyone who entered the contest or those who show up to the raffle?