Apr 27, 2024, 07:06 PM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

DayZ Epoch 1.0.4.2 Server

Started by Towelie, May 06, 2014, 05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RallyReaper

Towelie has fixed the mass vehicle issue :D, We are now looking into the Towing script ASAP!

IOWASTATE010

Hope the server stays popular for a while, I'm building a computer next week and I want to be able to play finally on good resolution. :D

Ederthedonutboss

They banned me from the server because i wanted to be a mod. That is just ridiculous
I said, may i be a mod, i am sure i will do a good job and then one of the mods just said no you cant and mute, froze and kicked me
After that i re-entered and he banned me! Can i please be reaccepted and, if possible turn a mod? that would be great plz. Thanks for your attention.
By the way, the mod that banned me is Leafwhiskers.
Plz i wanna play!!!

Eternal_Jamie

Quote from: Ederthedonutboss on May 17, 2014, 08:11 PM
They banned me from the server because i wanted to be a mod. That is just ridiculous
I said, may i be a mod, i am sure i will do a good job and then one of the mods just said no you cant and mute, froze and kicked me
After that i re-entered and he banned me! Can i please be reaccepted and, if possible turn a mod? that would be great plz. Thanks for your attention.
Plz i wanna play!!!
Go to http://www.superfuntime.org/forms/unbanreq.php and select pixelmon if you want to be unbanned.

RallyReaper

Quote from: Ederthedonutboss on May 17, 2014, 08:11 PM
Plz i wanna play!!!

BTW, this isnt a topic for pixelmon, so yeah...

Towelie

Wasn't able to play for the last couple of days because of busy IRL events but can't wait to play tonight !

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Towelie

Last minute change: Made it so the auto vehicle cleaner does NOT delete vehicles with ANYTHING in their inventory (as good vehicles kept dissapearing). I recommend leaving ANYTHING (even a empty can) int he car's inventory if you wish to keep it.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Jyncs

I accidentally drove through an ai area and lost everything....so I'm not losing any vehicle at the moment since they blew it up :D

BattleAxium

At the moment there's nothing really keeping me on the server since it doesn't have anything new that sets it apart from every other DayZ Epoch server and or it rollbacks/glitches out randomly. I'll play again once it's more populated with players, stable to play, and there's actually something to do. Not trying to shun the hard work and dedication put into making the server fun but I just don't see any reason for me to continue playing. Anyways, thank you rally and towelie for keeping the server alive and maybe I will return later.

Towelie

Quote from: BattleAxium on May 18, 2014, 11:47 PM
At the moment there's nothing really keeping me on the server since it doesn't have anything new that sets it apart from every other DayZ Epoch server and or it rollbacks/glitches out randomly. I'll play again once it's more populated with players, stable to play, and there's actually something to do. Not trying to shun the hard work and dedication put into making the server fun but I just don't see any reason for me to continue playing. Anyways, thank you rally and towelie for keeping the server alive and maybe I will return later.
That's how the game is and there's nothing we can do about it. It's a mod of a mod.
The only glitch caused by me was already fixed (the vehicles issue).

BattleAxium

Quote from: Towelie on May 19, 2014, 04:26 AM
That's how the game is and there's nothing we can do about it. It's a mod of a mod.
The glitches and rollbacks don't bother me as much as everything else I mentioned. It's more of the lack of players and things to do that deters me from playing. The game itself is fun but with almost no one to play with but AI it gets boring extremely fast. Maybe advertising or donations will help but right now it's just seems like it's at a standstill as far as gaining popularity goes.

Eternal_Jamie

Anyone know of an accurate map (one with stuff labelled), ones I've been looking at keeping showing things which when I go to that location in game aren't there

Loasty

Quote from: Eternal_Jamie on May 19, 2014, 07:18 PM
Anyone know of an accurate map (one with stuff labelled), ones I've been looking at keeping showing things which when I go to that location in game aren't there

When looking at maps like that where there is supposed to be car spawns, ect; Its normally just a popular location kinda thing; they dont have exact locations on where they spawn :l
Pixelmon Admin
Need assistance? contact me on discord @ Loasty#4663

Eternal_Jamie

Yeah but some of the structures which it's showing aren't there either Oo

BattleAxium

Quote from: Eternal_Jamie on May 19, 2014, 07:31 PM
Yeah but some of the structures which it's showing aren't there either Oo
This is the most accurate map you will get for dayz: http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarus This will help you more if you are looking for places to go since it gives you coordinates at the bottom which you can use with a GPS or map. As for loot and vehicle spawns it won't be the same since DayZ Epoch spawns are different from the DayZ mod.

RallyReaper

May 21, 2014, 06:30 AM #115 Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 12:49 PM by rallyreaper
Quote from: BattleAxium on May 19, 2014, 07:10 PM
Quote from: Towelie on May 19, 2014, 04:26 AM
The glitches and rollbacks don't bother me as much as everything else I mentioned. It's more of the lack of players and things to do that deters me from playing. The game itself is fun but with almost no one to play with but AI it gets boring extremely fast. Maybe advertising or donations will help but right now it's just seems like it's at a standstill as far as gaining popularity goes.

I too have said this... I'm working on thinking of a good and effecient way to advertise without stepping on toes... but the donation thing too, I think once we can get 10 active players on at most times, then we will work on donator packages :D

Post Merge: May 21, 2014, 12:49 PM

NEW UPDATE:

Finally got a working Towing script without the move object ;)

Working on adding AI Bus, drive's around the coast, and allows players to jump on and ride it to the destinations :D (attack, or try to take the driver seat, and it will eject you from the bus and kill you)

Adding Fast-Roping (Hopefully, idk how it will work yet but not really a priority yet)

Adding Pook/Bell Helicopter

Adding M4 Vehicle Ammo to shop ASAP

Adding Donator Loadouts (Might have donator purchase available soon xP)

Adding Donator Box (Contains ONLY Some Building supply's)

Adding New guns to shops such as Gold AKS, M37(noobtube), etc...

Removing M107 from banned gun list, and adding it as a 0.5% on a custom loot table at helicrashes (only 3 helicrashes each restart ;) )

Adding L85a2 assault rifle varients, as well as M8
!END!

emm10

Unfortunately, I have a mac so I can't download ArmA2  :-\

RallyReaper

I'm taking suggestions for a mod change from epoch...

Anyone wanna suggest xD

Jyncs

Is it even played on? the few times I checked it was dead.

IPwnCreeps

you could make an overpoch server, it seems to be quite popular at the moment.

BattleAxium

Quote from: IPwnCreeps on Jun 19, 2014, 07:47 PM
you could make an overpoch server, it seems to be quite popular at the moment.

RallyReaper

Yes, i was gonna try that but before i did i tried namalsk and nothing... plus i was told to stop so i did...

BattleAxium

Quote from: rallyreaper on Jun 20, 2014, 04:27 PM
Yes, i was gonna try that but before i did i tried namalsk and nothing... plus i was told to stop so i did...
From what I know, Towelie is planning to shutdown the DayZ server if it doesn't pay for itself or if someone doesn't pay for the monthly fee to run it.

This is all due to the recent Minecraft EULA update, more info here and over here too. He's basically being forced to cut off "other expenses" like DayZ hosting because the money is being focused towards Survival/Pixelmon.

Those servers pay for themselves and seem to be most popular in this community. In order to keep the DayZ alive in this community we need to get donations, switch to another mod like overpoch, increase our popularity through advertising, and if all else fails we need someone whose willing to pay for the monthly fee to run the server.