Apr 27, 2024, 05:56 PM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

DayZ Epoch 1.0.4.2 Server

Started by Towelie, May 06, 2014, 05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

May 06, 2014, 05:15 PM Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 01:03 PM by Towelie
For the second time in 24h, we have a DayZ Epoch server.
Server IP: 69.39.239.141:3102

This time, we've done it right - we changed our host and we are now on the last version (1.0.4.2)
Current Addons: Self Bloodbag, Auto Refuel, Trader Safezones, Vehicle Towing/Heli Lift Wicked AI & AI Missions.

More coming soon, as rally is constantly working on improving the server.
Come join and play with us! There might not be many players yet, but Rome wasn't built in a day..

List of bugs that need to be fixed (For future keeping):

- Kick when using voice chat in side chat. It's annoying and it's a way to abuse the game (speak in side chat = instant disconnect). In my opinion this should be removed, im ok with people talking in the side chat, and if they overdo it we can just threaten to ban them if they don't stop
- Problem with the towing system: Player can tow parts of the trader cities (tents, etc)
- When you die, you have to close the game and re-join, else you are stuck in an infinite loading loop (not sure if this can be fixed, but including it here)

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Towelie

How to play:
- Download DayZ Commander here: http://www.dayzcommander.com/
- Download and Install ArmA2 and ArmA2:OA on steam
- Open DayZ Commander and click on the Install button
- Download the latest ArmA2:OA patches, and the latest dayz/dayz epoch files
- Go to the "Favorites" tab of your DayZ Commander
- Paste our IP there 69.39.239.141:3102
- Enjoy!

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Pritis

Still having that "you cannot play/edit this mission" problem...
HOWEVER, I have discovered why this is happening now. Apparently I can't play now because they made it require the British Armed Forces DLC, which I don't have the money for right now, so it will definitely be a while before I can play DayZ. I'm mainly bringing this up so that if anyone else is having the problem, you know why.
"My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came, the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose." - Ganondorf

MosesRN

Can't wait to play!! I missed Epoch even though last time was a little rough. Too bad I just renewed my sub to Eve online and then THIS comes out...

Eddiek2

IPwnCreeps

Quote from: shadowjb123 on May 06, 2014, 06:30 PM
Still having that "you cannot play/edit this mission" problem...
HOWEVER, I have discovered why this is happening now. Apparently I can't play now because they made it require the British Armed Forces DLC, which I don't have the money for right now, so it will definitely be a while before I can play DayZ. I'm mainly bringing this up so that if anyone else is having the problem, you know why.
I dont have that DLC and im able to play fine, dont know where you got that info.

unrealistic

Two things:
First, bug. The towing plugin allows moving of some of the components of trader cities (Tents, walls, etc)

Second, suggestion. A really fun plugin on another Epoch server I played on was AI missions: It gave people something to do when nobody was on.

MosesRN

Also another bug seems to happen for me and a few others: When you die, instead of logging out to the lobby, you have to completely restart the game or it'll get stuck at "waiting for character to create"

Another is the kicking for side chat talking allows you to insta-disconnect and reconnect without the punishment that occurs when you alt-f4. It's basically even easier than alt-f4.

Other than that, loving the server and having a blast finding vehicles and shooting at AI XD

RallyReaper

May 07, 2014, 06:26 AM #8 Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 07:52 AM by rallyreaper
Quote from: unrealistic on May 07, 2014, 12:59 AM
Two things:
First, bug. The towing plugin allows moving of some of the components of trader cities (Tents, walls, etc)

Second, suggestion. A really fun plugin on another Epoch server I played on was AI missions: It gave people something to do when nobody was on.

Yeah, i knew about the towing thing, but i've looked in the coding for the towing and it seem's to be hard coded in so if i mess with it, it would probally break the server... but it seem's to fix itself after restart so it's not a big issue...
Quote from: joshholymoses on May 07, 2014, 02:16 AM
Also another bug seems to happen for me and a few others: When you die, instead of logging out to the lobby, you have to completely restart the game or it'll get stuck at "waiting for character to create"

Another is the kicking for side chat talking allows you to insta-disconnect and reconnect without the punishment that occurs when you alt-f4. It's basically even easier than alt-f4.

Other than that, loving the server and having a blast finding vehicles and shooting at AI XD

Yeah lol, turn's out the forbid sidechat was enabled... i'm disabling it now... as for the disconnect thing seem's to be a common bug with epoch 1.0.4.2 not much i can do about it im afraid...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Added AI Missions, over 73 missions are now ingame ;)... over 30+ are SFT related!

Towelie

Rally has added AI Missions! So you can now play even when alone. 33 of those missions are SFT-related (so customized)

RallyReaper

May 07, 2014, 09:03 AM #10 Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 11:12 AM by rallyreaper
On another note, i'm looking into the towing issues but seem's to be hard-coded into the coding...

but for now, it's not a priority due to everything returning to it's spot after restart...

Also i'm adding a starting weapon for everyone to start out with :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah the towing thing was a no go... but i added a 3rd mission system, so now we got one for Weak loot, strong loot, and strongest loot....

Prepare to meet WICKED AI!

Jyncs

Good job and quick turnaround for what the players wanted! Well done.

Now here is to hoping I am not playing alone tonight :D

Towelie

Quote from: Jyncs on May 07, 2014, 12:58 PM
Good job and quick turnaround for what the players wanted! Well done.

Now here is to hoping I am not playing alone tonight :D
Even if you are playing alone rally added AI and AI missions so there's still stuff to do.
And you know... im doing these servers for you guys not for me so your wish is my command xD

RallyReaper

May 07, 2014, 03:29 PM #13 Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 04:48 PM by rallyreaper
Yeah, i'll be on, and joshholymoses said he will too, and i know badbrad will... so yeah definally not alone... but be warned... WICKED AI, is not to be mess around with xP they are well known for being THE best ai system ;)

A player has discovered that apparently one of our ai scripts have been stealing locked cars!...

I'm fixing this RIGHT NOW *FIXED*

Also added new loot that can drop from AI, Although REALLY rare... I could add gun's that cant be gotten no more but would have to do a poll to see if anyone wants them...

List of updates to the AI System:

-Amp'd their hp a little bit due to how easy they were to kill... also made bandit AI more rare due to the guns they carry...
-Increased and decreased amount of AI per group, the military AI's will have between 1-10 people at a time, and CAN and WILL call reinforcements if you don't kill the leader!
-Survivor AI now carry stronger weapons
-AI HP went from 0.5, to 0.4 0.5=50% bullet resist, 0.4 = 75%...
-Sniper bandit AI can now carry KSVK, Although is REALLY RARE

-AI Can now call in a Evac-Heli

-AI can now call in a pavelow like strike, such as a helicopter squad that will fly down and fire at you, if you fire at them first!

-AI can now carry Gold on them! Although is REALLY REALLY rare!

-Some AI Missions were tweaked slightly!

-Possible RPG coming SOON! (If players want it ;))

wrshpblu

just asking dday64 said I would be unbaned and I'm not was there... :christmaspig:

MosesRN

You're doing a great job with fast response, Rally.

I do have one major complaint and everyone is gonna not like it: Please please PLEASE remove towing. I hate the idea that you buy a LOCKED vehicle and then someone just comes and tows it away...unless if there was a way to not be able to tow owned vehicles :)

Towelie

Quote from: joshholymoses on May 07, 2014, 04:46 PM

I do have one major complaint and everyone is gonna not like it: Please please PLEASE remove towing. I hate the idea that you buy a LOCKED vehicle and then someone just comes and tows it away...unless if there was a way to not be able to tow owned vehicles :)
I love the towing plugin but if this cannot be fixed, yeah, it's a pretty big bug so I agree. Hopefully rally can fix.

RallyReaper

I just fixed the towing thing, no longer can players tow locked cars ;)

Towelie

Quote from: rallyreaper on May 07, 2014, 06:08 PM

I just fixed the towing thing, no longer can players tow locked cars ;)
That's just awesome! Good job rally!

Pimmert

I'll install arma again for this, im curious if its any better than standard dayz

MosesRN

May 07, 2014, 06:27 PM #20 Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 06:40 PM by joshholymoses
Quote from: Pimmert on May 07, 2014, 06:20 PM
I'll install arma again for this, im curious if its any better than standard dayz
Imo it is. Standard days is fun as hell, but once you get geared up well, there's nothing to do

In epoch, you build bases, find vehicles, make money, fight people/ai (more often since they are localized at trading hubs). It also allows you to have more badass things like humvee convoys and armored SUV's.  The amount of vehicles on the server is awesome too. Most of them are in bad shape and low gas but still work. This allows people to move without giving an unfair advantage (which an unarmoured crappy vehicle isn't much of an advantage other than moving around the huge map)

@Jyncs- be on at 5pm EST and you, rally, hobodavid and I can go looting and get everyone geared up!

PSS: Is the MK48 in the server? If so, please consider banning it. Of all guns, this thing can fully auto shoot 8k damage rounds that can take most any vehicle out with a few shots...

BattleAxium

Quote from: rallyreaper on May 07, 2014, 03:29 PM
Yeah, i'll be on, and joshholymoses said he will too, and i know badbrad will... so yeah definally not alone... but be warned... WICKED AI, is not to be mess around with xP they are well known for being THE best ai system ;)

A player has discovered that apparently one of our ai scripts have been stealing locked cars!...

So this explains what happened to my two locked vehicles (an SUV camo and HMMWV).

Yesterday, I decided to hide both vehicles in a forest (temporarily). When I was hanging around there, a group of AI came out of nowhere and started firing at me. I fled away since I was unarmed and didn't want to die. Going far enough away that I lost them quickly and decided to play it safe and log off.

A few hours later, I went back on and navigated to where I left the locked vehicles and to my surprise they were missing. I spent a while searching around the area throughly. Eventually, I just assumed it was stolen or was a rollback and moved on with my day. I'm glad to see it's fixed but next time I will make sure to hide my locked vehicles properly so this doesn't happen again.

RallyReaper

Quote from: BattleAxium on May 07, 2014, 08:57 PM
Quote from: rallyreaper on May 07, 2014, 03:29 PM

So this explains what happened to my two locked vehicles (an SUV camo and HMMWV).

Yesterday, I decided to hide both vehicles in a forest (temporarily). When I was hanging around there, a group of AI came out of nowhere and started firing at me. I fled away since I was unarmed and didn't want to die. Going far enough away that I lost them quickly and decided to play it safe and log off.

A few hours later, I went back on and navigated to where I left the locked vehicles and to my surprise they were missing. I spent a while searching around the area throughly. Eventually, I just assumed it was stolen or was a rollback and moved on with my day. I'm glad to see it's fixed but next time I will make sure to hide my locked vehicles properly so this doesn't happen again.

Yes, i'm quite aware of the AI stealing car's but i fixed it...

---------------------

Also One of our AI scripts was removed yesterday, but we found it broke thing's when we removed it...

So i've readded it due to it breaking the server, NOTE!: FPS might drop a frame or two...

Jyncs

Was on last night for a bit of fun.

One thing that I would like to see added (but is more of a personal preference than anything) that I have seen on other servers is that when you spawn, you are dropped in and have to use your parachute to land. I just love that element of it, and it also gave more random spawn points than just the coast. (Again, personal preference because I think it is a bit more fun to drop in like that!)