Apr 27, 2024, 05:42 AM

News:

Please vote for us daily!

A new age for SFT

Started by Towelie, May 10, 2014, 04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

May 10, 2014, 04:55 PM Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 05:08 PM by Towelie
I am proud to announce that we now have our very own Economy plugin and Chest Locking plugin.
Why replace the working ones? Basically because they were outdated and did not support UUID's (which are coming in minecraft).

What's different?
- The SFTConomy plugin (made by a**hole) was made to closely resemble iConomy so there shouldn't be anything different between it and the old iConomy plugin
- The SFTBolt plugin (made by ColesyM)  had to be changed a bit because now, instead of playernames the sign protection was done via UUID's. This added the need to give each bolt its unique id and to store bolts in a MySQL db rather than in the world. This may seem to complicate the process a bit, but it's just the matter of getting acquainted with teh slightly different commands/procedures. It's all self explanatory, and all can be found out by typing /lock.
You will need to convert your existing deadbolts to the new system, thankfully ColesyM made this a very easy process - You just have to right click on your old signs twice.
The old signs will still protect your chest, but it's highly recommended that you convert your signs.

NOTE: Protecting your new chests is just a matter on right clicking on a chest with a sign. Nothing complicated.

We hope you enjoy these new plugins and please don't tell us how you loved deadbolt or iconomy more because going back is not possible. These plugins were outdated and not prepared for the UUID system.

This is a new chapter in history for us - having such important plugins custom-made.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

TheMop123

Eternal_Jamie

Quote from: TheMop123 on May 10, 2014, 04:56 PM
new economy?
Replacement for the current currency plugin we use, the thing which gives you /money

funkymonkey245

Today may seem cloudy and tomorrow not much better but you just gotta remember only you can clear the weather so whenever you're feeling down just keep your head up to the sun because at the end of the day there's always better days to come...

TheGoldenKibby

YES!!! New deadbolts!!!

libertydarkfur13

does these new plugins apply for all sft minecraft servers or just main?

Towelie

Quote from: libertydarkfur13 on May 10, 2014, 06:46 PM
does these new plugins apply for all sft minecraft servers or just main?
Just survival for now, although we might add to pixelmon too when it updates to 1.8

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

N1ux_

BagelsMan

Sounds Wonderful! ^_^ great job staff, you guys work hard!  ;D

Diamonds to you! -  :diamond: :diamond: :diamond:

WillowRain22

This will take some time getting used to but its amazing :D <<3

Chinwonder2

I know this is kind of an awkward question but would there be any way to implement a feature to where you could remove the id number on the sign? I know kinda OCD but no harm in asking. :P
Such gorgeous human beings! :heart:

tylerinator

The money will be transfered over right?

R1mP3x

Nice,  will we ever get a list of the top 5 richest again like there used to be?

onionboys

Quote from: R1mP3x on May 11, 2014, 12:07 AM
Nice,  will we ever get a list of the top 5 richest again like there used to be?
I suggested that but they said there are too many profiles to keep track of

stuartman9

Quote from: tylerinator on May 10, 2014, 11:46 PM
The money will be transfered over right?
Yes

Possibly, looking in to it.

maxwolf28

[/quote]what about the manager+ team that have a lot of spawned in money, wouldn't it mess it up?

fearthe1337

Quote from: chinwonder on May 10, 2014, 10:36 PM
I know this is kind of an awkward question but would there be any way to implement a feature to where you could remove the id number on the sign? I know kinda OCD but no harm in asking. :P
Each sign has a unique id number, this number is used to know which sign it is.
Without the number, it would not be possible for the plugin to know who is on the sign and who is not.
This signature is for testing purposes.
All rights to this signature are reserved.

Towelie

Quote from: maxwolf28 on May 11, 2014, 03:38 AM
what about the manager+ team that have a lot of spawned in money, wouldn't it mess it up?
[/quote]
We're working on a money top command that will exclude manager+

xwildtigerx

Quote from: Towelie on May 11, 2014, 08:55 AM
what about the manager+ team that have a lot of spawned in money, wouldn't it mess it up?
[/quote]
yaaaay cant wait to see my name on the top list :P

Wppvater

Quote from: xwildtigerx on May 12, 2014, 05:00 AM
Quote from: a**hole on May 11, 2014, 01:32 AM
I guess it's time to become rich again.

onionboys

Quote from: xwildtigerx on May 12, 2014, 05:00 AM
not so fast, we rich people are going to be having 15% tax now :?
[/quote]

Fractalion

I've noticed a new bug (Starting the day this was first introduced) where my chests seem to be rotating in random directions from time to time. It has never occurred with me nearby to witness it, but after three seemingly random rotations in such a short period of time I feel it must be related to this - unless another plugin has been added recently which also ties in with chests and I have not been made aware of it.

As an example, this chest used to face outwards, not towards the wall.

Its ID is 4332, and I'll leave it as is for a few days before I fix it - just in case you need to see it for one reason or another.

King_Craftius

Will my money reset when the plugin changes.

HappyNem

Nope, your money is safe :)

Eternal_Jamie

Quote from: Fractalion on May 13, 2014, 03:32 AM
I've noticed a new bug (Starting the day this was first introduced) where my chests seem to be rotating in random directions from time to time. It has never occurred with me nearby to witness it, but after three seemingly random rotations in such a short period of time I feel it must be related to this - unless another plugin has been added recently which also ties in with chests and I have not been made aware of it.

As an example, this chest used to face outwards, not towards the wall.

Its ID is 4332, and I'll leave it as is for a few days before I fix it - just in case you need to see it for one reason or another.
Should be sorted frac, message colesy if it is still happening